rugbyunion
Latest News:
Come On You Warriors!

This message board is for all things Warriors' and Rugby.
When posting please be aware that posts may be read by youngsters and respect other posters.
Click Here for the Message Board Rules

w4rriorz1980
Tonight
w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
03 November, 2017 21:30
A game of missed chances,poor officiating,simple mistakes and bad luck.Bonus point at least and we didn't give up.
We could've had that ref,CMK and Tempest as linesmen and Nigel Owens as TMO ( because it's all about him) so it wasn't that bad a night!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/11/2017 21:31 by w4rriorz1980.

Abmatt
Re: Tonight
Abmatt (IP Logged)
03 November, 2017 21:38
It was almost like a training match.

We spent the best part of 20 mins inside their 22 in the second half and came away with nothing.

We donít seem to be able to recognise when something isnít working and change tact. I.e lineout, not getting the ball to the second jumper so throw it to the front to ensure securing the ball and setting up to attack.

w4rriorz1980
w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
03 November, 2017 21:45
100% of the tee. Must be a record for us!

usa warrior
usa warrior (IP Logged)
03 November, 2017 22:26
As above. Training game and a few getting back to fitness. Schonert looked good, as did Heem. If that's all we took from it than happy days.

A38
A38 (IP Logged)
03 November, 2017 23:07
An unsatisfactory game in many ways but not one to lose too much sleep about. After all, the forwards as a collective had never played together before - and it showed - and the young inexperienced players will have learned something of what is required to play at a standard approaching Premiership level.

Pluses are key first team players coming back from injury and one very good try. And I hope that we had no more injuries.

It was a game where set pieces were critical. I didn't understand what was happening at the scrums - but I don't think I was alone there - and one young hooker will have far better days with his throwing in to the line out.

Patgadd
Patgadd (IP Logged)
03 November, 2017 23:17
Quote:
A38
...and one young hooker will have far better days with his throwing in to the line out.
And with his hooking, too. One to forget for him, I'm afraid, but he's shown us with the Cavs what he can do when he came on for Matti, and he will learn from tonight. All together now: "Everybody makes mistakes; that's why they put rubbers on the ends of pencils"

Humps for 1 Mile
Humps for 1 Mile (IP Logged)
04 November, 2017 00:47
Nick S, Bryce and Luke all had a run out and looked good and sharp.

Line outs were awful.

Huffed and puffed - got nowhere

Dean Hammond looked good and Tom Howe has electric pace.

As has been said - like a training match but no more injuries and 3 first team players had a run out after injury.

That will suffice.

Ake1985
Ake1985 (IP Logged)
04 November, 2017 04:54
The back 3 looked good. Heem running at people effectively. Howe looked good, needs to stop the unrealistic offload though.

I don't think the lineouts were Cuttings fault on the whole. A lot of lost lineouts were due to not gathering the ball properly in the air.

I really was and still am confused as to why Sale were given the penalty in front of the posts in the 2nd half

Whispering_Death
Whispering_Death (IP Logged)
04 November, 2017 07:49
The coaches would have taken something from the game Iím sure, but the only thing I took from it is that Heem looked really hungry and sharp which is great leading into a critical period of prem games for us. Oh and CSW spent most of the game on his knees, as usual. His body just canít cope.

MESSAGES->author
Fiver (IP Logged)
04 November, 2017 08:35
A weird one last night. Given our error count, we butchered what should have been an easy win. Heem was fantastic, showed us his class last night. Good to see Nick back and performing well.

It was a shame that the ref had no idea how to referee scrums, to the point where he just gave a penalty to the attacking team. As such, at least our boys learnt from this and stopped pushing on their put ins as no matter how obvious their wheeling was, they got the decision.

Duatolo put in a good shift, as did Huw, and I loved the big tackle from CSW. I think he'll be out for a few weeks again, he didn't look happy in the last 10 minutes and looked to be clutching his ribs.

All in all, it sums up where we are right now. We seem to treat a LBP as a victory these days.

Offa
Offa (IP Logged)
04 November, 2017 09:02
I enjoyed getting a look at some of our young lads.
Good to see some 1st teamers coming back too.
Heathcote looked good.
Bryce and Dean looked good.
Tom Howe is quick. Needs to work on his tackling.

Agree about the scrum. Was good to see them learning though. I too noticed that we stopped pushing, but in seasons gone by we would have continued to push, and continued to get penalties from Sir who only liked the attacking team to push.

NW2
NW2 (IP Logged)
04 November, 2017 09:29
Quote:
Ake1985
I really was and still am confused as to why Sale were given the penalty in front of the posts in the 2nd half

Yes, can anyone explain that one please?
I thought it was a knock on by Sale, but the ref gave a penalty to them, accompanied by an unintelligible bit of semaphore.
I had no idea what happened.

Ake1985
Ake1985 (IP Logged)
04 November, 2017 10:18
Also thought our speed of play improved a lot when Baldwin came on

usa warrior
usa warrior (IP Logged)
04 November, 2017 10:32
Quote:
Whispering_Death
The coaches would have taken something from the game Iím sure, but the only thing I took from it is that Heem looked really hungry and sharp which is great leading into a critical period of prem games for us. Oh and CSW spent most of the game on his knees, as usual. His body just canít cope.

Look at CSWs tackle count and Iíll bet you find why he was on his knees. Silly statement.

w4rriorz1980
w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
04 November, 2017 11:02
Quote:
usa warrior
Quote:
Whispering_Death

Look at CSWs tackle count and Iíll bet you find why he was on his knees. Silly statement.
Agreed but he is prone to injury more than others whether his tackle count is high or not.

usa warrior
usa warrior (IP Logged)
04 November, 2017 11:06
He wasnít injured last evening. He put himself on the line all night and was pretty beaten up and tired. Played the full 80.

Abmatt
Abmatt (IP Logged)
04 November, 2017 12:35
Quote:
usa warrior
He wasnít injured last evening. He put himself on the line all night and was pretty beaten up and tired. Played the full 80.

He looked injured last night. Spent the last 10 mins holding his ribs/shoulder. Didnít stop him throwing himself into harms way though.

woodywuss
woodywuss (IP Logged)
04 November, 2017 12:58
I think Clare Daniels would have made a better job of reffing the game last night. Lots of positives from the mixture of first team players and the up and coming guys.
The Diamond DNA was all over the Sale team and they will be a handful when they come down to us for the Prem. game. Some clever movement of the ball at the back of their rolling mauls.Obviously done their homework on where we leave holes. Constantly having players taking a knee to take the tempo out of the game is a cute one that Brive used as well. I just wish we were coached with a bit more of a collective street fighting mentality that seems to be in teams like Falcons,Sale,and Irish.It aint pretty ,but its effective.

Whispering_Death
Whispering_Death (IP Logged)
04 November, 2017 15:12
He was constantly holding his arm up towards his chest and shoulder, from the first half, with pain on his face. He was definitely injured. He looked tired half way through the first half but he was definitely injured somewhere, again. Based on his injury record his body canít cope.

BrumBrum
BrumBrum (IP Logged)
04 November, 2017 15:37
Agree with above CSW had a great game last night.
Would love to see his tackle stats.
Borrowing an annoying phrase from our cousins across the water "awesome".

As said in another thread, ref killed the game, Sale were allowed to manage the tempo of the game. Anytime we got momentum they just took an knee for 5-10 mins. Boring to watch.
Would love to know what was going wrong in that scrum of ours.

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
04 November, 2017 16:10
Quote:
BrumBrum
Agree with above CSW had a great game last night.
Would love to see his tackle stats.
Borrowing an annoying phrase from our cousins across the water "awesome".

Nearly as irritating as the use of ďtook the kneeĒ, particularly when not used accurately.

American sportsmen Ďtaking the kneeí are not trying to delay things are they.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net