rugbyunion
Latest News:
Come On You Warriors!

This message board is for all things Warriors' and Rugby.
When posting please be aware that posts may be read by youngsters and respect other posters.
Click Here for the Message Board Rules

NW2
Dean Ryan
NW2 (IP Logged)
04 November, 2017 09:37
Great to see Dean Ryan back at Sixways last night - NOT!
Fair play to the guy for having the balls to show his face, but really? Does he have to?
Genuinely nice to see Reg though.

FlipFlop
Re: Dean Ryan
FlipFlop (IP Logged)
04 November, 2017 12:28
If there are England development players on show, then probably in his remit to be in attendance.

Patgadd
Patgadd (IP Logged)
04 November, 2017 13:03
Here's a scenario with no facts whatever to back it; I just like getting the rumour mill going:

Dean Ryan left after a falling out with Greg, not Jim, over buying Rhys Priestland out of his contract.

A particular prospective buyer would want him back, and has told him so.

The buyer succeeds, and hello again Dean!

I'll get my coat (again)

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
04 November, 2017 14:16
Was he snacking on Biltong?

FlipFlop
FlipFlop (IP Logged)
04 November, 2017 17:20
Patgadd, given events of late, I don’t think you could rule your seemingly bonkers scenario out.

FlipFlop
FlipFlop (IP Logged)
04 November, 2017 17:22
I think that is the Academy game v Wasps and last nights game he has attended in quick succession,( trying fan flames and not inflame fans!)

rossi
Mr_Worcester (IP Logged)
04 November, 2017 21:53
Quote:
Patgadd
Here's a scenario with no facts whatever to back it; I just like getting the rumour mill going:
Dean Ryan left after a falling out with Greg, not Jim, over buying Rhys Priestland out of his contract.

A particular prospective buyer would want him back, and has told him so.

The buyer succeeds, and hello again Dean!

I'll get my coat (again)

Although highly unlikely and with no evidence, I don't think the scenario is that bonkers.

Dean was able to attract good players and staff to the club and seemed to be making some progress as part of a 5 year plan.

He obviously fell out with certain people at the club and didn't feel like he wanted to be here anymore for some other reasons.

In the next few months we will have a new owner, with new staff. The club will be very different to the one he left. I wouldn't rule it out

Although he left us in the deep stuff. I'd welcome him back, great DOR and believe he would of taken us higher up the table had things worked out differently.

Offa
Offa (IP Logged)
04 November, 2017 22:56
I was always a fan of DR.
But was he really making progress, or could he just talk a good game?
These days I feel that it was more the latter.

MESSAGES->author
Fiver (IP Logged)
05 November, 2017 09:09
I think Dean would have made progress if he'd been allowed to. It appears he signed Te'o on the basis other top players would follow. The rug was then pulled as top players cost money. Ben pretty much said that before the Bristol game last year.

MESSAGES->author
Faithful_City (IP Logged)
05 November, 2017 09:21
He is never going to leave the RFU now he has a toehold. He is ambitious and returning to us would be a backward step.

JP

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
05 November, 2017 09:27
I’m with JP, sorry Pat, it’s a non starter.

Patgadd
Patgadd (IP Logged)
05 November, 2017 09:28
I did say it was baseless and just a bit of fun to get some talk going!

J6/7
J6/7 (IP Logged)
05 November, 2017 10:26
He has demonstrated how shallow he really is, in my view, furthermore I personally believe that he was mindful of the vacancy with the RFU when he bailed out!

In addition, I think the credit for keeping us up is due to Hougard not Ryan.

Abmatt
Abmatt (IP Logged)
05 November, 2017 10:58
Why is he shallow? If you are unhappy in a job or circumstances under which you took employment change why shouldn’t you leave?

I liked him and would welcome him back.

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
05 November, 2017 12:11
Mindful’? J6/7.

I’ll say he was mindful......as in nailed on, if not actually contracted, which he could well have been.

woodywuss
woodywuss (IP Logged)
05 November, 2017 13:49
Would a condition of his return be a new grass pitch ?

backrow
backrow (IP Logged)
05 November, 2017 15:27
Have a look at The Mail Sport to-day and the bit from Joe Marler and what went on at Sixways last season in the tunnel and you wonder why Dean walked away , sorry it is players like Marler that should go ,thugs not a place in rugby . (Sm133)

kiddykid
kiddykid (IP Logged)
05 November, 2017 16:23
I would hav Deano back tomorrow if he wanted to come back. Good player, good coach who knew what it took to improve. Yes, I'd have him back.

Brummagem Bertie
Brummagem Bertie (IP Logged)
05 November, 2017 16:58
Quote:
backrow
Have a look at The Mail Sport to-day and the bit from Joe Marler and what went on at Sixways last season in the tunnel and you wonder why Dean walked away , sorry it is players like Marler that should go ,thugs not a place in rugby . (Sm133)

Linky thing.

Whatever you do, do it safely!

backrow
backrow (IP Logged)
05 November, 2017 18:18
Thank you Mr Brumm Bertie for that ,beyond me (Sm106)

Brummagem Bertie
Brummagem Bertie (IP Logged)
05 November, 2017 19:22
You're welcome, backrow, but, like most things, it's fairly straightforward when you know how.

When you are doing a post, put the cursor where you want to put the link then click on the button that's got a little world on it with what looks a bit like a paperclick underneath: it's just over half-way along the row at the top of the post box.

You then get a little box into which you can cut and paste the link you want (it's best to have that page open in another tab). Click ok and you then get a little box into which you can type a description (like "Linky thing").

Hit return and there you have it. You can check it works by clicking on preview post at the bottom of the post box.

Whatever you do, do it safely!

BrumBrum
BrumBrum (IP Logged)
06 November, 2017 08:21
Rugby needs to dump players like Joe Marler.
If rugby goes down the football path, then as a sport it is well and truly bu###ed.
i can't believe that this article was sanctioned by Quinns, if it was, then it's a sad day for Quinns and rugby.
I have never met him, but would not give him the time of day and would be very disappointed if he ever pulled on an England shirt ever again. Sometimes winning is not everything.
Finally, and maybe I a man very much in the minority, I have never really rated him as good enough to play for England. There must be better props out there.

MESSAGES->author
West Brom Warrior (IP Logged)
06 November, 2017 08:53
Dean Ryan is not going to return to any club I wouldn't think. He has a job which requires him to watch rugby but doesn't have to coach or have the stress of relegation to worry about. It is a nice cushy job which allows him to spend a lot of time with his family. As for the Marler incident Ryan has gone up in my estimations if he gave him a kick after Marler slapped him, Joe clearly has issues in his mind and finds it tricky to control himself.

TVM Rides Again....Again
TVM Rides Again (IP Logged)
06 November, 2017 09:53
Quote:
Abmatt
Why is he shallow? If you are unhappy in a job or circumstances under which you took employment change why shouldn’t you leave?

Because we have to get angry and militant over everything now apparently

kceWarrior
kceWarrior (IP Logged)
06 November, 2017 10:13
Dean Ryan, I'd take him back. Mainly because I don't see any real top class DoR coming on board with us at the minute. I'd actually be tempted to get him in until the end of the season. Let GG go and focus on USA. DR can do the bit that Solomons is supposedly doing at the minute. He also knows the players and might provide some familiarity to settle them a little (albeit only short-term).

All of that of course is only if he left on relatively good terms with the players and didn't leave all in the club with a bad taste.

R.E Marler. I've never liked the bloke, he thinks he's hotter than **** and talks a game he can't back up. HOWEVER, he's the kind of guy I'd rather have behind me going into a scrap than on the other side. If he could bottle that loose edge, he'd actually be a half decent asset in terms of winding up and unsettling the oppo.

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
06 November, 2017 10:19
Marler.

Just not the brightest.

End of interest.

ROLLO on tour
ROLLO (IP Logged)
06 November, 2017 11:23
Dean Ryan is history:
He lives locally so Sixways is an easy venue for him
He had a rolling contract , the only one in the AP, and left us at the poorest of times.
He thinks only of himself ( some may look upon that as a virtue)
If I never seem him again it will be too soon he is, as described by a senior figure in the club , a real sh@t.

MESSAGES->author
Faithful_City (IP Logged)
06 November, 2017 17:01
Yes but, what do you really mean...

Warr-i-ors!
Warr-i-ors! (IP Logged)
06 November, 2017 18:51
Dean Ryan has had the last laugh.

Turnover
Turnover (IP Logged)
06 November, 2017 19:36
Rollo , I could not have put that better myself. Regrettably he (Ryan) couldn’t give a
Sh—-.

Patgadd
Patgadd (IP Logged)
06 November, 2017 20:55
Let's ask his dad. Over to you, Ted...

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
06 November, 2017 20:58
I’m in Ireland. Can’t think straight, can barely stand upright.

Turnover
Turnover (IP Logged)
07 November, 2017 10:25
And for what it's worth , I wouldn't want him next to me in the Trenches when the going got tough either.

ROLLO on tour
ROLLO (IP Logged)
07 November, 2017 11:14
Not to be trusted.

MESSAGES->author
drifter (IP Logged)
07 November, 2017 11:56
perhaps he could see what was happening and did not want to go along with it and therefore did the right thing. just a thought. he is not a yes man and therefore I don,t blame him at all.

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
07 November, 2017 12:45
I don’t think there’s much doubt about what happened, DR was unhappy about the pitch, and lack of consultation, but the main reason was simply an unexpected and high profile job offer from the RFU driven by his old mate Nigel Melville.

I thought we’d done this to death at the time.

And I have no problem with him turning up at 6Ways, in fact I’d be very happy to ask him a couple of very pointed questions.....

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net