rugbyunion
Latest News:
Come On You Warriors!

This message board is for all things Warriors' and Rugby.
When posting please be aware that posts may be read by youngsters and respect other posters.
Click Here for the Message Board Rules

Patgadd
3 Warriors in Flatman's team of the week
Patgadd (IP Logged)
07 November, 2017 17:14
(Premiership Rugby)

Nick Schonert, CSW and Bryce Heem all make Flats' top 15

dkexile
Re: 3 Warriors in Flatman's team of the week
dkexile (IP Logged)
08 November, 2017 09:03
3 of our stars imho. Just curious but am I still alone on here in thinking CSW should be starting ahead of DOC?

usa warrior
usa warrior (IP Logged)
08 November, 2017 09:14
Besides being captain, i think DOC offers other things around the field. Calling the lineout for instance.

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
08 November, 2017 09:50
Chalk and cheese.

A promising youngster against a world class player in his last season.

DoC brings captaincy and attitude as well as ability, although clearly slowing down from his best. CSW brings youth and physicality and has yet much to learn .

While we’re in the mess we are currently in, I’d prefer to see DOC start, and let him call on CSW when he sees fit, be that minute 30 or minute 60. When you hire in a player such as DoC, you’re hiring his all round experience not just his on-field performance.

I’d hope that DoC (and Strings for that matter) are listened to by the coaching team, and their views about strategy taken strongly in mind.

There’s a difference between “player-power” as practised by people like Sanderson and using the overall knowledge of our only 2 full time world class players. FH would obviously also have a lot to offer if only he were here and avaliable.

Past their best they may be, but they still know more about the game than the rest of our lot put together. And I include the coaching team, with the possible exception of Mefin, in that view.

Whispering_Death
Whispering_Death (IP Logged)
08 November, 2017 11:14
CSW has enormous potential but he isn’t going to realise that until he puts in high level performances on a more consistent basis. He was absolutely immense last year in the Bristol away game, and while he’s had good performances since, nothing like that.

Spencer on the other hand is consistently outstanding. Along with Lewis our most valuable player. Every game he stands out, our best carrier, regularly breaking the gain line, and offering himself up to carry and carry all game. This is what CSW needs to aspire to, and along with DOC he couldn’t ask for better mentors.

DOC’s value has been discussed above so he doesn’t start for me just yet.

ROLLO on tour
ROLLO (IP Logged)
08 November, 2017 11:44
USA Warriors I don't think that DoC calls the line-out, that was Barry's job against Sale and is normally Spencer's.
Given a run of games CWS will prove his potential and is one of the players we need to keep.
I think that Flatman is always very fair to Wuss, unlike one or two others.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/11/2017 11:45 by ROLLO .

FlipFlop
FlipFlop (IP Logged)
08 November, 2017 11:51
Hogg spent a lot of time with CSW last year mentoring him re the Line out, so if there is anything in that, it is that CSW is being primed for the future in the calls role, IMO.

DOC is a legend, but are always likely to play one game too many trying to live up to that billing game after game, and sometimes are kept on the pitch and on contracts, beyond time, at the expense of A N Other who has been kept to one side while the legends continue.

DOC is Captain, but in most games we do also have GJVV on the field to deputise or start if required.

Anyway, nice of Flats t acknowledge us in some form, and for the Legend to play for the Barbarians in his recognition.

Whispering_Death
Whispering_Death (IP Logged)
08 November, 2017 12:39
Flats is good, he’s very honest and doesn’t sit on the fence like some pundits. Mentioning no names, Ugo.

dkexile
dkexile (IP Logged)
08 November, 2017 18:09
Quote:
Whispering_Death
CSW has enormous potential but he isn’t going to realise that until he puts in high level performances on a more consistent basis. He was absolutely immense last year in the Bristol away game, and while he’s had good performances since, nothing like that.

I don't think he will reach his potential without regular starts.

I like doc and I'm glad he's in the squad and I hope our other locks are taking in all he can teach but for me he no longer is the physical presence we need from our pack.
He doesn't cover the ground fast enough so goes missing when the game breaks up even if he is giving his all.

He might be our best leader but as we haven't won a league game this season I'm not sure that counts for much, for me if you're losing each week you might as well lose with young players who might just learn and improve from it.

I don't think doc calls the lineout btw I think Rollo is right.

He's still a legend though.

I also think Spencer is a brilliant lock, he's so unlucky that England are arguably the strongest they've been at lock in over a decade otherwise he'd be an England regular.

usa warrior
usa warrior (IP Logged)
08 November, 2017 18:54
Probably right. More of an example that Doc is more valuable than alluded to.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net