rugbyunion
Latest News:
Come On You Warriors!

This message board is for all things Warriors' and Rugby.
When posting please be aware that posts may be read by youngsters and respect other posters.
Click Here for the Message Board Rules

MESSAGES->author
Latest Worcester News on DoR.......
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
08 November, 2017 14:19
Is it just me who finds this sentence confusing? BB is quoted as saying, re Alan Solomons,

““When Gary is away Alan does assume the role of director of rugby but Hogg is running the rugby side””

If BB really did say this I don’t follow his logic.

[www.worcesternews.co.uk]

BrumBrum
Re: Latest Worcester News on DoR.......
BrumBrum (IP Logged)
08 November, 2017 14:54
Was very against him initially, but heard good things about him as a consultant bring different strengths to the organisation. Thus saw the logic
But would not want him as DOR, he just does not inspire & at 69 is not fresh with a desire to make a name.
He also cocked up Edinburgh and plays boring rugby.

usa warrior
usa warrior (IP Logged)
08 November, 2017 14:56
I think I get it... in that Alan will deal with the matters off of the field - meaning contract renewals, logistics, managing people, etc.

Let Hogg get on with coaching the players and getting the game plan right I suppose.

FlipFlop
FlipFlop (IP Logged)
08 November, 2017 15:02
BB seemed to suggest that AS will do the job EG did as a Consultant, and GG/Hogg will focus on the playing matters.

Olivier was praising of AS suggesting he brought a direct approach to the players which had energised the players again.

My point on this, was that this is the same kind of line which was published when GG arrived too. Gold leaving won't have improved the player buy in on tactics and approach for sure, but i tend to think that once EG was jettisoned, it was only a matter of time before GG looked elsewhere, as they had arrived as a pair.

northstand warrior
northstand warrior (IP Logged)
08 November, 2017 15:11
Do we take it that the rest of the DoR applications were not up to much then?

FlipFlop
FlipFlop (IP Logged)
08 November, 2017 16:35
Northstand,

Earlier in the week BB said he was impressed with the quantity and quality of some of the applications already received, proving that many Coaches regard us as a "sleeping Giant".

A38
A38 (IP Logged)
08 November, 2017 17:34
I wonder if Bolsover isn't caught sometimes between trying to be as open as possible but knowing that he can't divulge anything which is subject to confidentiality factors. As a result, we get things like the "possible move away from Worcester" story.

The interpretation I put on this is that Donald has (as yet at least) shown no interest in replacing Gold - but that he could of course put his hat in the ring.

Meanwhile, Hogg cannot do the D of R role whilst Gold is away as he has his hands full with coaching and he and Gold need assistance with dealing with various ancillary matters. Hence the work which Donald has taken on.

After all when Ryan left, his various responsibilities were divided out within the remaining team and we all know how that worked out.

And as FF says above, Bolsover seemed genuinely pleased with the quality of the applications coming in and with this addressed the scepticism which many on here had voiced. Having said that, I'm not too sure about the "sleeping giant" title. Worcester is far more about - or should be about - potential rather than something like "sleeping giants" which points to past glories. We haven't had any - at least at the very top level.

usa warrior
usa warrior (IP Logged)
08 November, 2017 17:45
I would guess that was a direct response to a question from a reporter; which he answered honestly. Only news as it's, potentially, the only DOR name that is known!

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
08 November, 2017 17:55
Quote:
usa warrior
I think I get it... in that Alan will deal with the matters off of the field - meaning contract renewals, logistics, managing people, etc.
Let Hogg get on with coaching the players and getting the game plan right I suppose.

That would fit with what B.B. said at the Q&A for sure, but for those who weren’t there the inference might well be that Solomons, as DoR, would surely be in overall charge of strategy on the rugby side, that’s what D’s o R do.

If I were Hogg I think I’d be confused by now.

northstand warrior
northstand warrior (IP Logged)
08 November, 2017 18:10
I’m still confused

The headline ”Ball is in Alan Solomons' court to go for top job at Worcester Warriors, says chairman Bill Bolsover” to me infers that BB would like him to apply, therefore hence why I asked if that means the other applicants aren’t up to scratch?

yellow450
Yeller (IP Logged)
08 November, 2017 18:12
It's a right old comedy. If I was employed in any capacity by this outfit, I would be looking at my options. I fail to see how anyone could see any future at all here, including Carl Hogg, who it could be said, has had more than a fair crack of the whip.

dkexile
dkexile (IP Logged)
08 November, 2017 18:24
It's still a job at one of the top 13 clubs in the country, let's face it there's always more people who'd like to work for a top rugby club that positions available.

I still don't think it'd take much to turn us into a very competitive unit.

Warrior7
Warrior7 (IP Logged)
08 November, 2017 18:36
As much as we've seen (kind of) a temporary increase in form, if the job went to Solomons as permanent DOR then I reckon we'll be in real trouble and it will drive us into the ground. Bringing in a new coach will always see a temporary increase in form (for the most part), but I think we'll see it tail off quite dramatically if Solomons is given the job in the long term.

MESSAGES->author
West Brom Warrior (IP Logged)
08 November, 2017 20:09
I think people are reading too much into a small line in an interview. For me it says Solomons has not applied for the job yet and if he wants to that is up to him.

Whispering_Death
Whispering_Death (IP Logged)
08 November, 2017 20:30
That’s exactly how I read it too. Thankfully.

FlipFlop
FlipFlop (IP Logged)
08 November, 2017 21:47
Arguably it didn’t need to be said in the press.

Whispering_Death
Whispering_Death (IP Logged)
08 November, 2017 22:04
But if he was asked that direct question about Alan it seems a pretty straight forward response.

Latecomer
Latecomer (IP Logged)
08 November, 2017 22:55
Just more poor (or is it mischievous) journalism from the Worcester News for me.
The histeria created from their 'fake news' report about moving the club away from Sixways was quite ridiculous, even BBC Sport got sucked into it.
I quite feel for Bill Bolsover, in the current climate surrounding the club his every word is either being mis-reported or taken out of context.

usa warrior
usa warrior (IP Logged)
09 November, 2017 07:00
It must be pretty tough to be a Warriors reporter at the moment. There really isn't much to go on and clearly a bit of rehashing the same press conferences from different angles.

I think Bill is trying to be as open as he can be, and being reported accurately, but we are also quite desperate for news and are reading too much into things. It's going to happen while we're in this interim period unfortunately.

ROLLO on tour
ROLLO (IP Logged)
09 November, 2017 07:03
I think it says something when the Rugby Paper reports nothing on either the sale or DpR. There are some cards being played very close to the chest, or there really is not much happening.
This reporting is again another none story.

MESSAGES->author
knightstemplar (IP Logged)
09 November, 2017 08:45
I think if we had a couple of wins in the Prem people would chill out a bit more!

Worcester Warriors is going to be on going which is a start?!

It will take a while to find a new owner and hand it over.

It will take a while to agree terms with a DOR and could be subject to what a new buyer wants.

If no buyer is sorted they say they will appoint a DOR in a couple of months.

It is imperative we stay up now imho. Hougaard and Mills are back with Lance here till Christmas.The 6 nations is starting in the new year.

The next few games will define the season?

I think we need to chill out hopefully win a few games and let it play out but most importantly take the reporting with a big pinch of salt unless there is a club statement.

These things take time we have to trust Allen really is doing everything that is 'best' for the club?

The ball is actually in Allens court if he makes the wrong decision most supporters will walk away....

warrioroli
WarriorOllie (IP Logged)
09 November, 2017 09:19
knightstemplar is correct. who cares about the technicalities of who's head coach, director of rugby or senior "just looking after the rugby side" guy.. let's just hope we start winning games otherwise the only thing we'll be worrying about are the Ealing Trailfinders.

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
09 November, 2017 12:56
Quote:
WarriorOllie
knightstemplar is correct. who cares about the technicalities of who's head coach, director of rugby or senior "just looking after the rugby side" guy.. let's just hope we start winning games otherwise the only thing we'll be worrying about are the Ealing Trailfinders.

And while we’re waiting what you like to talk about?

MESSAGES->author
Teme Dream (IP Logged)
09 November, 2017 13:40
Quote:
A38
The interpretation I put on this is that Donald has (as yet at least) shown no interest in replacing Gold - but that he could of course put his hat in the ring.
Meanwhile, Hogg cannot do the D of R role whilst Gold is away as he has his hands full with coaching and he and Gold need assistance with dealing with various ancillary matters. Hence the work which Donald has taken on.

Donald who?
Trump?
Revie?
Duck?

A38
A38 (IP Logged)
09 November, 2017 14:04
I clearly didn't use wisdom.

TVM Rides Again....Again
TVM Rides Again (IP Logged)
09 November, 2017 15:07
Quote:
West Brom Warrior
I think people are reading too much into a small line in an interview. .

Surely not?! This place would never do that - let alone threaten a full blown insurrection basically over one which needs an official denial from the club....

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net