rugbyunion
Latest News:
Come On You Warriors!

This message board is for all things Warriors' and Rugby.
When posting please be aware that posts may be read by youngsters and respect other posters.
Click Here for the Message Board Rules

w4rriorz1980
Kitto
w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
13 November, 2017 20:25
I'm bored so I'd thought that I'd share the fact that said player has joined Quins on a short term deal.
He deserves a permanent contract somewhere.He's class.

I'd welcome him here again with open arms!

kiddykid
Re: Kitto
kiddykid (IP Logged)
13 November, 2017 22:18
What the hell is going on? We sign him on a short term deal - but this is SHORT!!!!!! Have we suddenly become inundated half backs? Have all our injured players suddenly become fit again? Has someone lost their marbors?

Signed

Confused from Kidderminster

Latecomer
Latecomer (IP Logged)
13 November, 2017 23:04
Quote:
kiddykid
Has someone lost their marbors?

Kk, if I once has some 'marbors' I would happily admit to having now lost them !

MESSAGES->author
knightstemplar (IP Logged)
14 November, 2017 06:01
Is it painful?

FlipFlop
FlipFlop (IP Logged)
14 November, 2017 06:07
Isn’t Marbors a Spanish coastal resort?

Brummagem Bertie
Brummagem Bertie (IP Logged)
14 November, 2017 07:39
Quote:
w4rriorz1980
I'm bored so I'd thought that I'd share the fact that said player has joined Quins on a short term deal.
He deserves a permanent contract somewhere.He's class.

I'd welcome him here again with open arms!

Well, he's certainly surplus to requirements at Tigers if there's no chance of him getting a game there even when Ben Youngs is away with England.

Edit: just read the story on the Beeb and it seems Tigers have released him, so was without a club and will be again once he's finished at Quins.

Whatever you do, do it safely!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 14/11/2017 07:46 by Brummagem Bertie.

usa warrior
usa warrior (IP Logged)
14 November, 2017 07:50
Rumour was that he is heading back closer to home once the season begins in Jan.

ROLLO on tour
ROLLO (IP Logged)
14 November, 2017 07:53
It would work if FH wasn't with us next season. Equally if we release Stringer at Christmas maybe he could fit in that slot ? Will Dowsett and Baldwin make the grade? Could a partnership between Lance and Dowsett develop? Who will the new DoR want?
Answers on a post card please.

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
14 November, 2017 08:03
Quote:
kiddykid
What the hell is going on? We sign him on a short term deal - but this is SHORT!!!!!! Have we suddenly become inundated half backs? Have all our injured players suddenly become fit again? Has someone lost their marbors?
Signed

We’ve not just become anything.

We’ve always been, and continue to be, a club that struggles with recruitment and retention against clubs which are more successful, have greater history and profile, and are nearer London.

He’s a young Ozzie, where would you rather be, Twickenham or Tollerdine?

MSR-Worcester
MSR-Worcester (IP Logged)
14 November, 2017 10:23
Quote:
kiddykid
Signed

1. We signed Kitto when we had 1 fit scrum half. Now we have 5 fit.

2. Harlequins are missing all first team scrum halves so have picked him up.

Not sure I understand the outrage myself.

TVM Rides Again....Again
TVM Rides Again (IP Logged)
14 November, 2017 12:13
Quote:
MSR-Worcester
Quote:
kiddykid
Signed

A thing happened didn't it? You forget the rule is 'criticize club first, seek clarification later. Maybe'

WorcesterSauce
WorcesterSauce (IP Logged)
14 November, 2017 15:55
Quote:
TeflonTed
Quote:
kiddykid
Signed

We’ve not just become anything.

We’ve always been, and continue to be, a club that struggles with recruitment and retention against clubs which are more successful, have greater history and profile, and are nearer London.

He’s a young Ozzie, where would you rather be, Twickenham or Tollerdine?

Ive been making this point for many years, but was continuously shot down as it being nonsense as players wouldnt care where they lived as they would all be too professional and just want to be fully focussed on their rugby. Perhaps that is true for a very small % of players, but to most, they want to have a good social scene for them to spend their fairly decent wages whilst they are young. Living in a small city in the wildnerness can be partly made up for if the team is successful, but we unfortunately have neither the succesful club or big city 'vibe' (hate that word).

For whatever reason Worcester just isn't a big draw for outsiders to come and live. There are many well publicised examples with current and ex players and their families and god knows how many more examples with those who we have attempted to sign but have never come.

MESSAGES->author
knightstemplar (IP Logged)
14 November, 2017 16:11
A lot of Warriors live/lived in Cheltenham. Same as Gloucester players

MESSAGES->author
West Brom Warrior (IP Logged)
14 November, 2017 17:07
Quote:
MSR-Worcester
Quote:
kiddykid
Signed

Me either MSR. What I would say is that if Kitto was available at the end of the season I would sign him for a couple of years, next year Stringer won’t be playing and I suspect 1 or 2 of our 9s maybe leaving and if FH plays for South Africa then Kitto would be an excellent signing.

FlipFlop
FlipFlop (IP Logged)
14 November, 2017 18:16
We, or Tigers only permitted a one month loan for Kitto. If there had been full dialogue with both clubs and player, surely it would have been clear that Kitto would be free quite soon. Personally would have loved to see him in our ranks.

Warriors chose to play the lad for just 20 minutes in 3 weeks though.

As for Worcester’s nightlife, it’s been done. The draw of Quins? More like a guaranteed start with their current injuries as a major draw for any player worth their salt. If he’s moved for the nightlife, you just have a salaried knobby imo.

There are players that will move to Exe at the end of the M5. Anyone tasting the nightlife in Exe will know it’s not what a player has moved, or stayed down there for imo. Much more a winning environment and big game opportunities. We can provide neither

MESSAGES->author
West Brom Warrior (IP Logged)
14 November, 2017 19:03
FF as already said by others we signed Kitto when we had one fit 9, until this week now have 3 (possibly 4 if FH is fit) so there would be no need for him. I think he could be a useful player for us next season as we will have no Stringer and I see possibly 2 other 9s leaving during the summer meaning we have a place for at least one more 9.

Simba
Simba (IP Logged)
14 November, 2017 19:21
Just maybe, Kitto tasted life at Warriors and thought “no way”!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 14/11/2017 19:22 by Simba.

J6/7
J6/7 (IP Logged)
14 November, 2017 19:39
London may be a draw, but that does not explain the attraction of, not only Chiefs but also Bath, Gloucester, even Bristol, not to mention Sharks & Falcons! Not even Wasps either! I lean towards having a well respected DOR as boss being a significant advantage.This was evidenced when Ryan came to us although he turned out to be fairly useless from our point of view as well as losing any credibility he may have once possessed, however he did once have a certain amunt of persona!

WorcesterSauce
14 November, 2017 20:29
FF going on a night out in their down time isn't the only thing players like doing in their spare time (although if you go into Worcester on a Friday/Saturday night it certainly seems as though it's their favourite) there will be A number if other things that worcester simply cant offer, or can only offer a limited amount of compared with other places.... i've spoken to two current players on this very subject. It would be unfair to name them, especially given they told me to keep it quiet, but their answers combined with the fact that so many players families/girlfriends do not want to relocate here tells me all i need to know about one of the main reasons as to why we find it so difficult to recruit.

Being a good team will undoubtably massively help, but until that point it will remain a significant obstacle. We aren't loaded, aren't good, haven't got history and are from a relatively run of the mill insignificant small town in the unfashionable west midluns. We love it but not sure many outsiders who are 18-30 would....

FlipFlop
FlipFlop (IP Logged)
14 November, 2017 20:45
Out of interest WS, what are the things Worcester doesn’thave, or only a limited supply of per your criteria, or that of said players?

Patgadd
Patgadd (IP Logged)
14 November, 2017 20:57
Quote:
J6/7
London may be a draw, but that does not explain the attraction of, not only Chiefs but also Bath, Gloucester, even Bristol, not to mention Sharks & Falcons! Not even Wasps either!

Exactly. The nightlife in Worcester has nothing to do with it (and I don't live in Worcester). Anyone who thinks the attractions of Coventry outweigh those of Worcester is totally missing the point. Talk about the elephant in the room! Start winning and the players will come flocking.

WorcesterSauce
14 November, 2017 21:06
Said player didnt specify exactly what, was more a general 'i go back to my home city a lot, there isn't a lot here' comment. We can speculate as to what exactly that is and in this particular case nightlife was probably a fairly big one but also the lack of young people (and girls inparticular) seemed to be of an annoyance to this player.

If you were used to living in a big city it would inevitably be a big culture shock moving to a small place like Worcester where your normal leisure and social needs may not be on your doorstep.

Patgadd absolutely - winning and players will come far, far more easily although it even happens to the best. Ronaldinho chose Barcelona over Man Utd because he wanted to live in Barcelona rather than Manchester.... cant think why!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 14/11/2017 21:08 by WorcesterSauce.

MESSAGES->author
Fiver (IP Logged)
14 November, 2017 21:12
Does Leicester have a good night life? Is Northampton the cultural centre of England?

WorcesterSauce
14 November, 2017 21:24
Ironically Leicester, with 2 universities and 550,000 population probably does have a fairly good nightlife and a number of other things to do but that's besides the point as more importantly they have the history and success of Leicester Tigers. Similarly Northampton have the history and success of Northampton Saints.... we unfortunately don't have that. I'm not saying the size/location/limited leisure activities of worcester is a major factor as to why every single player doesnt sign for us, but it definitely is a factor. I've heard it first hand off two players.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 14/11/2017 21:24 by WorcesterSauce.

Brummagem Bertie
Brummagem Bertie (IP Logged)
14 November, 2017 21:26
Quote:
WorcesterSauce
Said player didnt specify exactly what, was more a general 'i go back to my home city a lot, there isn't a lot here' comment.

I work in Birmingham with someone who goes back home a lot, to a small town outside Darlington. It's not because the nightlife is a lot better or because there are a lot more girls than in Brum. If that's what your player friends want, Broad Street is not really that far from Worcester.

Whatever you do, do it safely!

usa warrior
usa warrior (IP Logged)
14 November, 2017 21:39
Horses for courses isn’t it. Sam Smith isn’t from Worcester, played in London, but chose to make Worcester his home. Goes both ways.

As above... we win games and get into Europe proper and signings become FAR easier.

WorcesterSauce
14 November, 2017 21:47
Quote:
Brummagem Bertie
Quote:
WorcesterSauce
Said player didnt specify exactly what, was more a general 'i go back to my home city a lot, there isn't a lot here' comment.

I work in Birmingham with someone who goes back home a lot, to a small town outside Darlington. It's not because the nightlife is a lot better or because there are a lot more girls than in Brum. If that's what your player friends want, Broad Street is not really that far from Worcester.

Good point although as someone who is in the age group, i dont know many who go for regular nights out on broad street, it's that bit too far away to do on a regular basis without being inconvenient. Also what ive noticed is the players go out in fairly big numbers which could turn into a logisticsl nightmare if going to brum every week. Perhaps the two players ive spoken to are simply wrong, and there are many ways that they can overcome their concerns.

FlipFlop
FlipFlop (IP Logged)
15 November, 2017 06:24
Brum 27 miles north, Glaws / Cheltenham 32 miles south, yet Glos / Cheltenham held up as the Vegas of the South in some instances, so logistics can’t be too bad unless none of them can drive!

Players would play in the dullest backwater if they were at a top 4 side in top comps. God forbid, hangers on from top 3 or 4 sides probably wander local streets like they are godlike, even after 3 Aademy games when looking to ‘pull’ due to their association with a big club.

We can’t offer that association

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net