rugbyunion
Latest News:
Come On You Warriors!

This message board is for all things Warriors' and Rugby.
When posting please be aware that posts may be read by youngsters and respect other posters.
Click Here for the Message Board Rules

Northwick
Play on a Saturday and win
Northwick (IP Logged)
19 November, 2017 22:45
So the Friday nighters need to think again. Why has the second half of the season now moved to f $$$$$$$$g Friday nights

usa warrior
Re: Play on a Saturday and win
usa warrior (IP Logged)
19 November, 2017 22:48
Youíre right. Mills, Schonert, Hougaard, Pennell, Van Velze and Heem had nothing to do with it.

Tarbert RG
Tarbert RG (IP Logged)
19 November, 2017 23:06
Quote:
Northwick
So the Friday nighters need to think again. Why has the second half of the season now moved to f $$$$$$$$g Friday nights

Has it? Warriors site fixture list shows Fri-Sun for all home fixtures, or have you seen different elsewhere Northwick?

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
19 November, 2017 23:14
Swallows and summers come to mind.

If we lose at Welford Rd next week I assume Northwick will re-evaluate the stats.

Northwick
Northwick (IP Logged)
19 November, 2017 23:41
No Ted , I just like to watch rugby in the daylight and on Saturdays

Northwick
Northwick (IP Logged)
20 November, 2017 06:36
Go to the website and see the sCheddleton

Eternal optimist
Eternal optimist (IP Logged)
20 November, 2017 07:39
So there isnít one Saturday premiership game between now and the end of the season, I canít make fridays as I have to work to pay for our season tickets which we now canít use. What a total waste.
Not that the club gives a dam anyway.

Ronster
Drahm for England (IP Logged)
20 November, 2017 07:57
Erm, where has it said no Saturday matches? Suggest one or two should read Gus Mackay's comments in Saturday's programme!

Tarbert RG
Tarbert RG (IP Logged)
20 November, 2017 08:05
Quote:
Northwick

Uhh?

gmem
Garym (IP Logged)
20 November, 2017 08:39
Quote:
Northwick

It quotes the whole weekend - it does not say the match is on a Friday night, it's not that difficult to see. Gus said on Saturday the bath game is Friday night (TV) and the Newcastle game is, all others on Saturday subject to TV

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
20 November, 2017 08:42
Quote:
Northwick
No Ted , I just like to watch rugby in the daylight and on Saturdays

Ah, so itís got nothing to do with ďPlay on a Saturday and winĒ, Iím with you now.

Oh, and Gary is right about the fixture list, it really isnít rocket science.

FlipFlop
FlipFlop (IP Logged)
20 November, 2017 09:21
Only the 3rd highest Prem gate of the season though.

Where were all of the 'Saturday's for Rugby' Crowd?

Perhaps they all stayed at home to watch England instead of getting ripped off by the club?

Of course that'll change when we win a few more games, and First Bus is swapped out for Glory Bus Travel(Sm159).

gmem
Garym (IP Logged)
20 November, 2017 10:30
Quote:
FlipFlop
Only the 3rd highest Prem gate of the season though.
Where were all of the 'Saturday's for Rugby' Crowd?

Perhaps they all stayed at home to watch England instead of getting ripped off by the club?

Of course that'll change when we win a few more games, and First Bus is swapped out for Glory Bus Travel(Sm159).

Are you WS in disguise? I think you may have taken over the mantle of the most negative person on here

FlipFlop
FlipFlop (IP Logged)
20 November, 2017 10:43
Ha Ha,

No WS can and does fight his own battles.

The first line is a fact.

The second was referring to WS's observation last week regarding Warrior match and England match timing. WS's view on this issue was not one i subscribed to, and nor did it detract from my enjoyment of both games, and i didn't feel obliged to have to stay at Sixways either.

The final line, is my view, as it has been seen over many seasons. Some will say that success will undoubtedly bring in more followers, but when we are averaging 7k-ish so far, it is difficult to understand how 4-5k others can suddenly manage to turn up, when we're on a winning run, and although JOT got pelted for suggesting local support was fickle, he was correct IMO, based on past attendance change, when the wins turn up.

So GaryM, not looking to create or take any mantle. If i was, i don't think the above got even close.

gmem
Garym (IP Logged)
20 November, 2017 11:07
Fair enough, I think was the "getting ripped off" comment that attracted my attention. What are your thoughts on that or is this a case of missing irony in a post?

FlipFlop
FlipFlop (IP Logged)
20 November, 2017 13:04
Personally, i don't have an issue with the club trying to make a decent enough afternoon of Rugby at club and International level for those interested enough to want it. Not everyone does. Not sure if there would have been more or less comment on this issue if the club had not laid on the opportunity for those who did wish to take it up.

In recent weeks you will have seen 'Chipgate' and the flow from that. Some think its too expensive for mediocre fast food, and some think a pie for £8 is good value. I personally think the high priced food and drink isn't great for us, but i just don't buy it and that is a choice i make. Sometimes the impression given is that the club is holding supporters to ransom in these areas. Sadly, as the recent cost of football survey results at Championship level, let alone prem level showed, the pricing is pretty consistent with stadia at club level, so people can then make a choice.

In summary, i didn't see Bill Bolsover padlock the ground to stop supporters leaving on Saturday and nor did he pressgang me into buying what i regard as poor value food on matchday.

Brummagem Bertie
Brummagem Bertie (IP Logged)
20 November, 2017 19:41
FF, the pie at £8 is good value. It's not just a pie but mash, mushy peas and gravy. The pie is proper chunks of steak, not mince, and it is lean, well-cooked and tender. It's also freshly prepared in the Sixways kitchens, not mass produced factory fodder.

I've paid more for pie and chips in a pub, where both were much poorer quality.

Whatever you do, do it safely!

w4rriorz1980
w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
20 November, 2017 21:09
Quote:
Brummagem Bertie
FF, the pie at £8 is good value. It's not just a pie but mash, mushy peas and gravy. The pie is proper chunks of steak, not mince, and it is lean, well-cooked and tender. It's also freshly prepared in the Sixways kitchens, not mass produced factory fodder.
I've paid more for pie and chips in a pub, where both were much poorer quality.
Bit tight on the peas though!

vigorniensis
vigorniensis (IP Logged)
27 November, 2017 12:32
I had promised myself following last season's debacle at Gloucester that I would only return to watching Warriors when they could string two consecutive wins together.

Well now they have and I thought I might treat myself to a 'Ĺ Season Ticket'. Just as I was going to click on a West Stand ticket I remembered that trying to watch matches on a Friday night is a very miserable experience since the lighting is so poor I can hardly ever see where the pill is. Sadly, it appears to me that, on trend, most matches are likely to be on a Friday.

Imagine trying to follow the passing in Saturday's match in the near-gloom at Sixways on a Friday evening. In fact I would go as far as to predict that the passing we saw Saturday couldn't be maintained in the Sixways Friday gloom.

Why do the powers-that-be risk alienating home support and disenfranchising much of the away support, by selecting a Friday evening? Does all this extra TV money really improve our game? Not turned out terribly well for the national sport of football I would venture.

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
27 November, 2017 14:47
Quote:
vigorniensis
In fact I would go as far as to predict that the passing we saw Saturday couldn't be maintained in the Sixways Friday gloom.
Why do the powers-that-be risk alienating home support and disenfranchising much of the away support, by selecting a Friday evening? Does all this extra TV money really improve our game?

Vig, While appreciating that our lighting is certainly not the best, it does conform to required standards. These are fit young men with good eyesight, I really canít get worried about their ability to maintain Saturdayís handling form.

I donít follow your logic re. Friday evening koís either. Weíve been told that we choose Fridays if the opposition agree (and it seems many do) and this is nothing to do with TV money.

Itís been made equally clear that if broadcasters choose a game they have the absolute right to specify ko time, from Fri 1930hrs to Sun 1500 hrs.

So to link our preference for Fri ko to ďextra TV ď money I canít agree with.

Both Jolly Jim and Gus have confirmed publicly that we choose Fridays when we can to gain match advantage, due to disrupting opponents travel comfort level.

This may be seen as unsporting, but we donít choose Fri for TV money.......if broadcasters specify Fri I suppose itís a double whammy!

Big T 15
Big T 15 (IP Logged)
27 November, 2017 16:26
To the club, for the 100th time, put a decent amount of games on a Saturday please.

Fans. Come. First.

Ps we've just won two on the spin on a Saturday as well.

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
27 November, 2017 18:49
No. They. Donít.

The prime objective of the club must surely be to run at the smallest loss possible, key to that is attendance, key to that is winning, the club believes Fri nights increases that possibility.

Thereís no data whatsoever to prove or disprove any view that Fri night games decrease attendance, Jim OíT certainly believed it increased numbers. There are too many external influences to draw any conclusions from the stats.

worcestawarrior
worcestawarrior (IP Logged)
27 November, 2017 20:43
I'm a fan and I like Friday nights. My preference anyway.

B-road
27 November, 2017 21:07
Quote:
TeflonTed
Thereís no data whatsoever to prove or disprove any view that Fri night games decrease attendance.

2 wins in a row, on a Saturday, is more than enough data to prove Saturdays are best. Some people just won't admit they're wrong.

FlipFlop
FlipFlop (IP Logged)
27 November, 2017 21:17
Just have a cursory look at attendances at Sixways so far this season to see that neither opposition faced or day played has had a significant affect on matchday attendance. 2 victories in the last 2 games leading to increased expectation of a win will probably make this Friday the highest attendance so far, or second highest, despite Sharks being the visitors, despite an apparent dislike of Friday games and despite less than glowing floodlights.

If we were 7 or 8 wins up after 10 games, the club could play on a Wednesday and probably sell out.

usa warrior
usa warrior (IP Logged)
27 November, 2017 21:49
According to the ticket Office, theyíve been very busy for Friday and also the Irish game.

FlipFlop
FlipFlop (IP Logged)
27 November, 2017 21:55
Must be all the Sale and Irish fans buying up tickets..,,,

w4rriorz1980
w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
27 November, 2017 21:59
Quote:
FlipFlop
Must be all the Sale and Irish fans buying up tickets..,,,
No....Mrs w4rriorz1980 will be joining myself and my daughter on the tenner ticket.Albeit I've had to change mine and my daughters seat for the Oirish game so all 3 of us can sit together!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 27/11/2017 22:19 by w4rriorz1980.

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
27 November, 2017 22:15
Quote:
KenDoddsDadsDogsDead
Quote:
TeflonTed
Thereís no data whatsoever to prove or disprove any view that Fri night games decrease attendance.

2 wins in a row, on a Saturday, is more than enough data to prove Saturdays are best. Some people just won't admit they're wrong.

So it follows that the next time we lose 2 Saturday games in a row itís Fridays Forever??

WorcesterSauce
WorcesterSauce (IP Logged)
27 November, 2017 23:10
There is probably an argument for ST holders buying tickets for a £10er as they expire after the irish game and make decent christmas presents

w4rriorz1980
w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
27 November, 2017 23:20
Quote:
WorcesterSauce
There is probably an argument for ST holders buying tickets for a £10er as they expire after the irish game and make decent christmas presents
IIRC they expire on the 31st of January.Same as the "free" ticket for any cup game.

Big T 15
Big T 15 (IP Logged)
28 November, 2017 07:41
Iím not saying put every game on a Saturday, but at least some.

The (seemingly) majority of fans on the Facebook group, twitter and on here are vocal about wanting more games on a Saturday, make it happen guys.

Keeping these fans happy and loyal is the difference between a full ground and empty ground when the going gets tough results wise.

Ronster
Drahm for England (IP Logged)
28 November, 2017 15:32
Bearing in mind that it's the Victorian Fayre this weekend, I can see why the club have shifted this one to the Friday night - transport in & around the city on the Saturday would be a nightmare if Warriors are playing as well!!

WorcesterSauce
WorcesterSauce (IP Logged)
28 November, 2017 17:59
DFE good point although from memory the victorian fayre is heaving on friday nights too

Turv32
Turv32 (IP Logged)
28 November, 2017 18:45
To put my 2 penny in I much prefer a Saturday match.
As not living in Worcester it can be a real struggle.
But I will be going this Friday and really hoping for another BPW.
That said, I have already decided that next season with much reluctance I will not renew...
I will just buy tickets for Saturday matches and try different parts of the ground..

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net