rugbyunion
Latest News:
Come On You Warriors!

This message board is for all things Warriors' and Rugby.
When posting please be aware that posts may be read by youngsters and respect other posters.
Click Here for the Message Board Rules

hairyicecream
Ryan Mills
wusstawizard (IP Logged)
25 November, 2017 16:58
Is there a better ball-playing 12 in the country at the moment? His performances seem to be improving week-on-week, and his skill-set is pretty exceptional. Must surely be on Eddie's radar.

WorcesterSauce
Re: Ryan Mills
WorcesterSauce (IP Logged)
25 November, 2017 17:10
In a word - no. Shame he'll have to go to 10 in January.

Whispering_Death
Whispering_Death (IP Logged)
25 November, 2017 17:14
I think Jamie will move into 10 in the new year.

dkexile
dkexile (IP Logged)
25 November, 2017 17:48
Quote:
Whispering_Death
I think Jamie will move into 10 in the new year.

I do hope so, with mills outside him I think they'll compliment each other nicely.

centrethere
centrethere (IP Logged)
25 November, 2017 19:05
Looked like Mills put Adams through for his brace, and noted Mills giving the team talk at the end (although most of the team looked too happy to be listening seriously)

FlipFlop
FlipFlop (IP Logged)
25 November, 2017 19:24
He was in the frame for series v Pumas. Selfishly, I hope there are others selected first at present until we get a steady 10 and 12.

Certainly a different feel since Ryan and Francois and some of the injured players have returned. Now to take Sale and Irish to give impetus into New Year.

MESSAGES->author
Teme Dream (IP Logged)
25 November, 2017 19:41
Agree with Whispering_Death (great name BTW) - if we have a fit fly half then I think Mills will stay at centre - he's done enough in these last 2 games to show that his desire to play at 12 must be supported.Looking forward to seeing him play with Wynand.

NW2
NW2 (IP Logged)
26 November, 2017 09:36
Did Mills get MOM? He certainly deserved it, closely followed by Faosiliva.
Having said that, a great team performance, with brilliant support play, and, at last, some sublime handling!
Keep it up lads!

WorcesterSauce
WorcesterSauce (IP Logged)
26 November, 2017 09:44
Mills was involved in 4 tries and the main architect in 3 of them. His delayed pass and bit of skill which ultimately set up his own try was brilliant, although he made it look effortless.

Underdog
Underdog (IP Logged)
26 November, 2017 14:58
Mills is my favourite player for all the reasons stated by others. He and Spencer are definitely international class, but unfortunately play positions that England have good depth in.

Cynically, they should start digging out their Grannies' birth certificates as plan B.

hairyicecream
wusstawizard (IP Logged)
28 November, 2017 16:30
Just read that on top of his excellent game ball-in-hand, Millsy also put in 23 tackles on Saturday. That's a quite ridiculous number, and a worryingly big workload for him considering he's not the biggest bloke.

fozzie66
fozzie66 (IP Logged)
28 November, 2017 17:50
Admittedly I was only watching the tv highlights but did I notice Mills not trussed up with miles of strapping.......

Whispering_Death
Whispering_Death (IP Logged)
28 November, 2017 18:07
Yes he’s had it off for the last few games

MESSAGES->author
knightstemplar (IP Logged)
28 November, 2017 18:23
Quote:
Whispering_Death
Yes he’s had it off for the last few games
I say ding dong

MESSAGES->author
Faithful_City (IP Logged)
28 November, 2017 18:44
WW, Mills is 1.88m(6ft 2in), 97kgs(15st 4lbs) that is not small, he is bigger than Olivier and Willison., same height as Te’o but 9 kgs lighter.

He is not small or in anyway lightweight.

JP

MESSAGES->author
Teme Dream (IP Logged)
29 November, 2017 09:01
Was thinking the same JP. He's a big lad.

Ronster
Drahm for England (IP Logged)
29 November, 2017 09:03
Is he out of contract at the end of the season? Absolutely vital we get him signed up IMO

usa warrior
usa warrior (IP Logged)
29 November, 2017 09:49
Yes he is.

MSR-Worcester
MSR-Worcester (IP Logged)
29 November, 2017 10:02
I'm a bit worried about Mills because it was intimated last year when he signed a new deal that him staying was dependent on our success. So if we finish 10-11-12th he will be off.

gmem
Garym (IP Logged)
29 November, 2017 11:11
Quote:
MSR-Worcester
I'm a bit worried about Mills because it was intimated last year when he signed a new deal that him staying was dependent on our success. So if we finish 10-11-12th he will be off.

So is that fact or supposition?

kceWarrior
kceWarrior (IP Logged)
29 November, 2017 11:11
Mills could well be future captain as I see it. He's in the Farrell mould in terms of having the full squads respect, slightly on the cocky side (I like that) and he can dictate our whole game.

Hopefully, by moving him into his preferred position at 12 (that is dependent on finding a more permanent option at 10) and the chance of being the club captain, we could retain him. It may require a slight pay rise though if others are sniffing around.

usa warrior
usa warrior (IP Logged)
29 November, 2017 11:26
Can't fault the guys commitment as seen in the huddle at the end of last game.

It comes down to the same thing. Who is coming in as DOR and what is their/new owners ambition for the club.

w4rriorz1980
w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
29 November, 2017 13:26
Mills is best acquisition from Glaws IMHO.
Cox is another albeit he came through our academy.

MSR-Worcester
MSR-Worcester (IP Logged)
29 November, 2017 14:10
Quote:
Garym
Quote:
MSR-Worcester

So is that fact or supposition?

Not fact, but given when he re-signed last year he said the following:

"I’m very happy to have re-signed for the club. There have been recent changes behind the scenes which have really boosted the confidence of the squad,” said Mills.

“These changes show the club still have the ambition to keep moving forward, which was massively important in me making my decision to stay.

“I’m extremely happy off the field, and on the field we’ve been making big progress in recent weeks.

“Now we’re all focused on finishing the season strongly to give us a great platform going into next year,” he added.

If off-the field issues are critical to Mills then surely this season has been terrible. Griffiths has gone who was popular amongst the players, Gold will be off at the end of the season with no current replacement and we are up for sale!

If Mills was loyal to us, why would he only sign a 1 year deal? Surely we would've offered him longer?

usa warrior
usa warrior (IP Logged)
29 November, 2017 14:35
Quote:
w4rriorz1980

Delport?
Garvey?

He's up there, but yet to reach those heady heights. Re-signing might just see him do it though!!

MESSAGES->author
29 November, 2017 14:47
Tony Windo!

JP

MESSAGES->author
29 November, 2017 14:54
Chris Firtey, Andy Gommersall, weren’t too shabby either.

What about Craig Gillles, he was out on loan but still from Glaws I believe.

JP

Ronster
Drahm for England (IP Logged)
29 November, 2017 15:23
Get him signed, increase his wages & make him club captain, no brainer as far as I can see unless he doesn't want to stay!

Albionwarrior
Albionwarrior (IP Logged)
29 November, 2017 15:33
Keep playing the way we have been and we will put ourselves and him in a better position to make the right choice..... But until we are ......

"In a position as a club to keep who we want and attract who we want (in the main)"

This will always be a problem ..... until that day arrives !!!!

So for the time being we should enjoy the ride and I am afraid whatever happens will happen.

w4rriorz1980
w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
29 November, 2017 16:25
Quote:
usa warrior
Quote:
w4rriorz1980

Delport?
Garvey?

He's up there, but yet to reach those heady heights. Re-signing might just see him do it though!!
Forgot about those two! Delport was class,Garvey didn't reach his potential with us.
Windo definitely!

A38
A38 (IP Logged)
29 November, 2017 17:48
Quote:
usa warrior
It comes down to the same thing. Who is coming in as DOR and what is their/new owners ambition for the club.

Absolutely right - key issue.

The dream scenario would be for both matters to be resolved before Christmas. I can't help thinking that if there are indeed two prospective purchasers going through due diligence that the question of who would be the new DofR would be part of the parallel discussions.

usa warrior
usa warrior (IP Logged)
29 November, 2017 18:56
I expect DOR will be sorted in the next fortnight. Owners also before Xmas. Need to get signing!!

A38
A38 (IP Logged)
29 November, 2017 22:26
Fellow posters have commented on Ryan Mills not kicking at goal this season and the lack of strapping seen in previous seasons.

In this article there is confirmation that the two are linked:-

[www.worcesternews.co.uk]

TVM Rides Again....Again
TVM Rides Again (IP Logged)
30 November, 2017 04:58
[quote w4rriorz1980],Garvey didn't reach his potential with us.!/quote]

He had a quiet first season - but when he hit his straps he hit them hard - if he didn't hit his potential with us, his potential must have been incredible!

FlipFlop
FlipFlop (IP Logged)
30 November, 2017 06:00
Marcel was the ooh la la to Benjamin’s try scoring. Marcel got bums on and out of seats, but failed in his move to France.

TVM Rides Again....Again
30 November, 2017 07:27
They were highly complimentary wingers in my opinion.

Benjamin was a great finisher and a strong lad. Garvey was a handful, and kept defences guessing, which helps his teammates exploit disorganisation. Always remember how hard he was to stop.

Run into the tackle, get tackled, push then crawl. You had to virtually sit on his shoulders to stop him.

His Achilles heel was that he only played to his best when he was a happy bunny - he took a while to settle in Worcester and presumably did France

Brummagem Bertie
Brummagem Bertie (IP Logged)
30 November, 2017 07:34
FF, if I understand you correctly you are saying Marcel's flip t'other side of Channel was a flop?

Or

FlipFlop alleges Garvey flip flop.

:-)

Whatever you do, do it safely!

gmem
Garym (IP Logged)
30 November, 2017 08:47
Quote:
FlipFlop
Marcel was the ooh la la to Benjamin’s try scoring. Marcel got bums on and out of seats, but failed in his move to France.

Wasn’t he part of the squad that won the French championship?

FlipFlop
FlipFlop (IP Logged)
30 November, 2017 09:56
He may have been in the squad, but i am not aware that he played that much for the team while overseas.

TVM Rides Again....Again
30 November, 2017 10:01
Quote:
FlipFlop
He may have been in the squad, but i am not aware that he played that much for the team while overseas.

According to Wikipedia he made 48 appearances over 2.5 seasons scoring 45 points. So whilst not ever present, he wasn't sat in the corner and forgotten about.

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
30 November, 2017 10:37
Garvey was a naughty boy who was tipped for stardom until Glaws management of the day gave up on him.

He came to us and was pretty well sorted out by Wuss, John Brain if my memory serves me. I haven’t checked that out BTW!

FlipFlop
FlipFlop (IP Logged)
30 November, 2017 11:28
TVM, indeed Wiki tell us that, and that he amassed 230 points in six years with us, in circa 120-ish games.

He was part of a squad that won and finished second in T14. Whether the points scored/games played makes that a success or not, i'm not convinced, but that's personal opinion.

I note he's now working in IT, in Toulouse, so presumably the lifestyle suited Marcel and his family which is a good outcome no matter the interpretation of his rugby finale there.

MacWarrior
MacWarrior (IP Logged)
30 November, 2017 11:38
One of those players who created excitement every time he got the ball, I thought he was great when fit. I do remember he had a bad hip problem that kept him out for a while so this won't have helped the stats much.

MESSAGES->author
Powick Eastander (IP Logged)
30 November, 2017 11:46
Marcle got his IT degree while at the Warriors. Glad he is finding it of some use in rugby retirement

http://v4admin.sportnetwork.net/upload/130/130_0_1418121803.jpg Warriors Rugby Supporters Club http://v4admin.sportnetwork.net/upload/130/130_0_1418121803.jpg

just got into rugby
Big Bird Warrior (IP Logged)
01 December, 2017 00:24
Was amazed to see how many times Mills was involved in the ruck/tackle - thought it was Sam on a few occasions!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net