rugbyunion
Latest News:
Come On You Warriors!

This message board is for all things Warriors' and Rugby.
When posting please be aware that posts may be read by youngsters and respect other posters.
Click Here for the Message Board Rules

MESSAGES->author
The Wednesday Team Prediction
Faithful_City (IP Logged)
29 November, 2017 08:49
Big game this one, home game against one of the less fancied clubs having just beaten Tigers & Saints. A lot of expectation and hope.

15. Pennell
14. Adams
13. Willison
12. Mills
11. Heem

10. Lance
09. Hougaard

01. Waller
02. Singleton
03. Schonert
04. Spencer
05. O’Callaghan
06. Fao’siliva
07. Lewis
08. Denton

16. Williams
17. Bower
18. Milanisavic
19. CSW
20. Duratalo
21. Dowsett
22. Hammond
23. Humphries

JP

usa warrior
Re: The Wednesday Team Prediction
usa warrior (IP Logged)
29 November, 2017 08:54
Expect Olver will get a bench slot and isn’t Joe back as well, but otherwise as above.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 29/11/2017 08:54 by usa warrior.

w4rriorz1980
w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
29 November, 2017 08:55
Taufete'e for Williams?

MESSAGES->author
Faithful_City (IP Logged)
29 November, 2017 09:04
I left Williams in because I wanted to reward the winning team and he is still available and deserves his place. Duratalo in because GJ injured and Denton moves to Start

JP

w4rriorz1980
w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
29 November, 2017 09:11
Quote:
Faithful_City
I left Williams in because I wanted to reward the winning team and he is still available and deserves his place. Duratalo in because GJ injured and Denton moves to Start

JP
Fair enough regarding Williams JP.

MSR-Worcester
MSR-Worcester (IP Logged)
29 November, 2017 09:37
Williams didn't actually get on the pitch against Northampton and it was actually Kurt Haupt who was on the bench v Tigers. Saying that I would stick Joe T on the bench for Sale.

Shillcock also may make a return to the bench. Plus Durutalo fighting it out with Phillips and Huw Taylor for the final bench spot.

MESSAGES->author
Fiver (IP Logged)
29 November, 2017 09:50
I'd have Joe on the bench as Sale possess a big front row, especially when Aulika trundles on.

Any ideas as to which minute it will be when Mike Haley strolls through our midfield, or have we sorted that problem out yet?

usa warrior
usa warrior (IP Logged)
29 November, 2017 10:49
Is Shillcock training? That's good news if so!!

gmem
Garym (IP Logged)
29 November, 2017 11:14
Quote:
Fiver
I'd have Joe on the bench as Sale possess a big front row, especially when Aulika trundles on.
Any ideas as to which minute it will be when Mike Haley strolls through our midfield, or have we sorted that problem out yet?
Or on a positive note, which minute our midfield strolls through their defence

usa warrior
usa warrior (IP Logged)
29 November, 2017 11:24
Their game plan will be simple. Attempt to slow the game down and kill the speed of the ball at every opportunity.

They did that pretty effectively when they beat us a few weeks back. They'll play some negative rugby and we have to counteract that with speed and forward strength.

An intriguing game!!

Whispering_Death
Whispering_Death (IP Logged)
29 November, 2017 12:47
We also need to kick well. Against Tigers we generally did, finding space and not giving Veainu ball and space. Need to do the same with the Sale wingers.

centrethere
centrethere (IP Logged)
29 November, 2017 13:20
I would also give Olver a rest, and go for this Hammond / Humphreys double - we need to score more tries than Solomona. As Sale are our next up the table, this game is a big one and also to do with our momentum. I predict an 81st minute win.

w4rriorz1980
w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
29 November, 2017 13:28
Quote:
centrethere
I would also give Olver a rest, and go for this Hammond / Humphreys double - we need to score more tries than Solomona. As Sale are our next up the table, this game is a big one and also to do with our momentum. I predict an 81st minute win.
I hope not! I may not have any fingernails by then!

MSR-Worcester
29 November, 2017 13:48
Quote:
usa warrior
Is Shillcock training? That's good news if so!!

I haven't seen any confirmation. However on the 25th October he was reported to be out for 4-6 weeks. Today marks 5 weeks so he can't be far off!

SOUTHSTANDWARRIOR
SOUTHSTANDWARRIOR (IP Logged)
29 November, 2017 20:39
Quote:
Fiver

And what minute will Bryce smash through their line for a barnstorming try, or speedy Josh to score another spectacular effort. I predict within the first 5 minutes for either...or both!

TVM Rides Again....Again
TVM Rides Again (IP Logged)
29 November, 2017 21:20
It's great to see the fans go from slitting wrists to almost dismissive of rivals so quick

But

- Sake are second only to Exeter as a bogey team for us
- they beat Northampton just like us
- they have effective forwards who can control the pace
- they have incisive backs - especially out wide

Gary Gold had it just right. We need to stay humble and work hard.

There are no freebies

Underdog
Underdog (IP Logged)
29 November, 2017 21:31
First and foremost we need to get the performance right. The side have got to be confident, but Donncha and GG will need to be good at focusing that in the right way so it doesn't become complacency.

It won't be a disaster if we lose, but I am expecting a win.

Warrior7
Warrior7 (IP Logged)
29 November, 2017 22:24
Sale have a great team on paper, but I think one of the reasons why they are not further up the table is O'Connor at 10, Jennings at 12 and having just pure finishers on the wings.

They can place some nice rugby but have reverted to slowing it down, but for that you need a 10/12/15 or wings who have good kicking boots for territory and a tight defence. Their backs are pretty awesome in broken field but maybe lack a bit in a bit more structured game but I could be very wrong.

It's potentially like how we were at the start of the season until we settled into our natural gameplan, so in theory they could change at any point like us so it could go either way and I don't think we can be anywhere near confident of a win.

MSR-Worcester
30 November, 2017 09:06
Quote:
Warrior7
Sale have a great team on paper, but I think one of the reasons why they are not further up the table is O'Connor at 10, Jennings at 12 and having just pure finishers on the wings.
They can place some nice rugby but have reverted to slowing it down, but for that you need a 10/12/15 or wings who have good kicking boots for territory and a tight defence. Their backs are pretty awesome in broken field but maybe lack a bit in a bit more structured game but I could be very wrong.

It's potentially like how we were at the start of the season until we settled into our natural gameplan, so in theory they could change at any point like us so it could go either way and I don't think we can be anywhere near confident of a win.

Sale could well put out a backline of:

9. de Klerk
10. O'Connor
11. Yarde
12. van Rensburg
13. James
14. Solomona
15. McGuigan

21. Cliff
22. MacGinty
23. Addison/Haley/Jennings

Pretty attacking minded if you ask me. However not sure I'd back Yarde or Solomona defensively. Sam James provides a good kicking option and de Klerk seems to be taking kicks at goal of late.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 30/11/2017 09:29 by MSR-Worcester.

TVM Rides Again....Again
TVM Rides Again (IP Logged)
30 November, 2017 09:57
That's a good point actually - Yarde turns like an oil tanker, getting in behind him will give Heem a yard....

Heem v Solomona at any point would be a worry. Bryce isn't the most nimble defender....

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
30 November, 2017 10:41
No, but Adams v Yarde will be a revelation to some, Josh by a short head. (Or maybe a country mile).

Both Yarde and Solomona have a habit of popping up on the wrong wing, we could be in for a very open game as long as the weather holds...which it is forecast to do.

Sale will keep it tight and rely on breaks, not long kicks. They’ve never fully replaced Cips for territorial kicking.

Warrior7
Warrior7 (IP Logged)
30 November, 2017 13:26
MSR, I meant the team as a whole isn't too attacking minded or hasn't been bar the odd game this season, yet they should be considering their personel.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net