rugbyunion
Latest News:
Come On You Warriors!

This message board is for all things Warriors' and Rugby.
When posting please be aware that posts may be read by youngsters and respect other posters.
Click Here for the Message Board Rules

usa warrior
Friday Night Sir
usa warrior (IP Logged)
29 November, 2017 08:55
Worcester Warriors vs Sale Sharks
@ Sixways Stadium
Referee: Matthew Carley
Assistant referees: Paul Burton, Jonathan Healy
TMO: Graham Hughes

w4rriorz1980
Re: Friday Night Sir
w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
29 November, 2017 09:06
Know of MC but not familiar.Any thoughts please?

MESSAGES->author
Fiver (IP Logged)
29 November, 2017 10:00
I like Matt Carley, some players need to learn not to question a referee who deals in sarcasm.

Whinging George

FlipFlop
FlipFlop (IP Logged)
29 November, 2017 10:07
The ref will be fine.

Even if he's not, Dimes can't say anything about him, and hopefully neither will GG.

Southstand(again)
Southstand(again) (IP Logged)
29 November, 2017 10:35
Quote:
w4rriorz1980
Know of MC but not familiar.Any thoughts please?

Came through the referee academy. Interestingly, his first ever premiership game was us against London Welsh in 2013. He's since made the international list.

Not the worst.

GnB
GnB (IP Logged)
29 November, 2017 11:40
And if we need him I believe Graham Hughes is the best TMO around

Malvern Man
Malvern Man (IP Logged)
30 November, 2017 09:45
Interesting to see Gary Gold commenting in the Evening News about the 16 to one penalty count at Leicester. Interestingly it was the same referee who lost us the game at Sixways against Northampton last season. When he gave his first decision in favour of Worcester half way through the second half he got a sarcastic standing ovation.

This doesn't seem right.

FlipFlop
FlipFlop (IP Logged)
30 November, 2017 09:52
GG going along the observational tone of SD, but in print compared to post match TV.

TVM Rides Again....Again
TVM Rides Again (IP Logged)
30 November, 2017 09:55
Quote:
Fiver
I like Matt Carley, some players need to learn not to question a referee who deals in sarcasm.
Whinging George

Ha! Ace

kceWarrior
kceWarrior (IP Logged)
30 November, 2017 10:10
I said it after the match at the weekend.. Some of the calls from Greg Macdonald were unbelievably one-eyed. Marching us back 10m at the end, for players "complaining" about a penalty that was harsh to begin with, was outrageous.

The Leicester fans booing and heckling clearly got to him. I wouldn't ever want Sixways to become so arrogant and hostile against the away team, however there is no denying that a more vocal crowd can swing a refs decision. Its down to the fans to be making a hell of a lot of noise from minute 1 to 80. Allow the players to remain humble - We don't need to see Itoje style theatrics after every penalty award, but we can certainly make the noise for them.

Another little observation. At the weekend Greg told DOC to shut up and stop protesting at one point in the second half (to be fair it was after another shocking call). We've seen this before (against Newcastle I think?) where refs get fed up of DOC getting in their ears every 10 seconds. As passionate as he is, I wonder if him being so vocal sometimes plays against us?

usa warrior
usa warrior (IP Logged)
30 November, 2017 10:16
Pat was the same at times. No problem with the captain getting in the ear of the ref myself, so long as it's done respectfully of course.

gmem
Garym (IP Logged)
30 November, 2017 10:44
Quote:
kceWarrior
The Leicester fans booing and heckling clearly got to him. I wouldn't ever want Sixways to become so arrogant and hostile against the away team, however there is no denying that a more vocal crowd can swing a refs decision. Its down to the fans to be making a hell of a lot of noise from minute 1 to 80. Allow the players to remain humble - We don't need to see Itoje style theatrics after every penalty award, but we can certainly make the noise for them.

Actually I think that Tigers fans are like Liverpool fans, only sing when they are winning, or the referees gets it wrong (in their eyes)! The other half of the family are Tigers fans apart from brother in law who is neutral and his comment was that Welford Road was like a morgue for probably 75 minutes of that match, which was down to us playing well and stopping Tigers playing.

Malvern Man
Malvern Man (IP Logged)
30 November, 2017 11:32
I can't remember who it was, but one England player said to another during a match against Wales in Cardiff something like "There's no more beautiful sound than a silent Arms Park".

Whispering_Death
Whispering_Death (IP Logged)
30 November, 2017 13:04
We gave away some dumb penalties too. And if the players had a pop at the ref then he was right to march us back. Again, dumb. Whether or not it was the right decision is irrelevant. That could have cost us the game. There is too much back chat in rugby these days, Iím happy to see a ref penalising that.

dkexile
dkexile (IP Logged)
01 December, 2017 06:56
Quote:
Whispering_Death
We gave away some dumb penalties too. And if the players had a pop at the ref then he was right to march us back. Again, dumb. Whether or not it was the right decision is irrelevant. That could have cost us the game. There is too much back chat in rugby these days, Iím happy to see a ref penalising that.

Agreed.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net