rugbyunion
Latest News:
Come On You Warriors!

This message board is for all things Warriors' and Rugby.
When posting please be aware that posts may be read by youngsters and respect other posters.
Click Here for the Message Board Rules

Old Col
Great to see Tigers know how to lose ! I don't think!
Old Col (IP Logged)
30 November, 2017 13:59
Still complaining at this time because we took the conversion too quickly .They lost because of a missed forward pass from lance to Josh Adams . Really ? Lance turned his body back towards the oncoming Josh and had both arms turned backwards .Oh ! and he only scored due to weak tackling---nothing to do with speed ,swerve ,sidestep and a brilliant hand off.
I remember a blatant Ben Youngs put in to a scrum on our line that went into their second row without touching the ground and gained them the result that year at Sixways about two seasons ago. I don't remember us complaining in the press 5 days later. Actually what this ongoing stuff from Tigers really shows is that they would now like to re-write the rules to confirm they really beat us but were robbed. Pathetic . Not to say however that the law about taking conversions should not be looked into---didn't saracens take a quick drop out recently--did their opponents complain ?
I expect the game against Sale to be tougher than either of the last two . Let's hope the guys dig in and do not give penalties away .

Ronster
Re: Great to see Tigers know how to lose ! I don't think!
Drahm for England (IP Logged)
30 November, 2017 14:51
Without taking anything away from Josh's talents in the try, there was some incredibly poor tackling for it, as well!

Whispering_Death
Whispering_Death (IP Logged)
30 November, 2017 15:14
It was forward hence why we drop kicked the conversion before the TMO could check, and the winger at the end being in touch was also dubious. We had some luck and letís be fair we deserve some. The Fos shoulder charge looked pretty blatant too.

The Leicester players said the loss was all down to them. If Exeter has scored tries like that I guarantee there would have been more respect. But that is the reality of where we are as a club and the lack of genuine respect we have amongst other clubs. Keep playing like we are for the rest of the season and that will go a long way to changing that view.

jgmorgan100
The Mailman (IP Logged)
30 November, 2017 15:37
We all moan about ref decisions from time to time. It's also natural for supporters to look at their own team's failings rather than the merits of the opposition.

However, the fact that the penalty count was something like 13-1 in Tigers' favour (I can't recall exactly) suggests that the officials weren't biased in Worcester's favour overall.

And who cares if we had a bit of luck in the end (the winger was clearly NOT in touch at the end) ... we've had so much bad luck over the years that it's bound to even out sooner or later!

Abmatt
Abmatt (IP Logged)
30 November, 2017 15:53
Quote:
Whispering_Death
The Fos shoulder charge looked pretty blatant too

I did until I watched it again. To me it appeared as if he was going to put his right arm round, but such was the ferocity of the impact the guy just bounced off his before he could.

A 50/50 decision that in games past would have gone against us and we would have gone on to lose the game.

This time it didnít.

I just think some supporters donít like losing to us, and when they do have to blame everything else other than the 15 on the pitch.

MESSAGES->author
Master Warrior (IP Logged)
30 November, 2017 16:54
If we are going to get picky what about the penalty before Tigers last try, wrong call by the ref, Alfie was not the tackler therefore did not have to release, good turn over that was penalised wrongly by the ref. Calls go for you and against you. We got the rub this time and we played the better rugby, praise where itís due please Tigers.

WorcesterSauce
WorcesterSauce (IP Logged)
30 November, 2017 18:19
Penalty count was 16-1 in Leicester's favour, including one very very harsh one in a Foasaliva turnover at the end of the first half which led to the Leicester try.

Was adams try forward? Possibly, but we took the conversion quickly - it's the rules of the game they have an issue with.

Whispering_Death
30 November, 2017 18:50
Iím not sure about others who were there but we talked to some Tigers supporters behind us after the game and they didnít give us one single complient. It was all about how they were poor and had loads of guys out. Only a fraction of the crowd of course but was still disappointing.

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
30 November, 2017 18:57
Iíve just had a good search around the subject of checking validity of trys.

It isnít in the Laws as such, itís a trial, as defined in World Rugby protocols, ďTMO Global Trial Protocolí

At 2.1 the wording is clear,
ďIf, after a team in possession of the ball has touched the ball down in their opponentsí in- goal area (including after a try is awarded and before the conversion is struck), any of the match officials (including the TMO) have a view that there was a potential infringement, within the list of offences (see 2.3) before the ball was carried into in-goal by the team that touched the ball down, they may suggest that the referee refers the matter to the TMO for review.Ē

[laws.worldrugby.org]

Itís clear and unequival, smart teams will be aware, and will use the tactic of a quick conversion as they see appropriate.

B-road
30 November, 2017 20:45
Adams first try definitely a forward pass.

Also, the last play of game wasn't in touch and arguably a (faint) deliberate knock-on on the pass out wide.

w4rriorz1980
w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
30 November, 2017 21:37
Quote:
KenDoddsDadsDogsDead
Adams first try definitely a forward pass.
Also, the last play of game wasn't in touch and arguably a (faint) deliberate knock-on on the pass out wide.
The ball went out of touch,though not on the ground.
Don't think Heem meant to knock on.Trying to catch the ball.
I maybe wrong on all of the above!

just got into rugby
Big Bird Warrior (IP Logged)
01 December, 2017 00:22
I finally got around to watching the full match replay and, given the penalty count, made notes of each one awarded (I know, I should get out more).

We were actually awarded 2 - 1 in each half (Sm152)

1st for us on 36 mins for Sam Lewis getting over the ball (holding on)
2nd on 41 mins - high tackle from No 8 on Hougaard
Oh, and we also had a free kick from the 1st scrum on 10mins

Tigers penalties:
8 mins - deemed to be holding on yet Thackers hands clearly went on the floor beyond the ball beforehand.

17 mins - holding on
25 mins - Spencer clear barge in the lineout
34 mins - 1 deemed to be side entry to ruck
40 mins - 6 deemed to be not releasing (as the tackler) - complete b0ll0cks as he was clearly 2nd man in.
41 mins - 20 collapsing the maul

Half time - ref's arm had a rest!

51 mins - 9 High tackle
53 mins - 12 deemed to be side entry
54 mins - 20 tackle in the air at the lineout
59 mins - kicking the ball through the ruck
62 mins - offside
63 mins - 3 in at the side of the maul - NS yellow card
64 mins - 14 offside (think this was when Bryce tried the intercept!

74 mins - 2 entry to ruck
80 mins - off feet then 10 mtrs for chat

Oh and they got the free kick at a scrum on 45 mins (thanks ref that resulted in the run for the fab try!)

Even more unbelievable that we won (Sm151)

Won't comment on how many times Tigers could have been pinged for similar offences!!

w4rriorz1980
w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
01 December, 2017 00:33
A flurry of late posts BBW.Do you work nights?! ;-)

just got into rugby
Big Bird Warrior (IP Logged)
01 December, 2017 00:34
Nah, just a night owl!

[how come the posting time is 30 mins earlier than the ACTUAL time?]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/12/2017 00:36 by Big Bird Warrior.

w4rriorz1980
w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
01 December, 2017 01:26
Quote:
Big Bird Warrior
Nah, just a night owl!
No idea.I blame Trump!

dkexile
dkexile (IP Logged)
01 December, 2017 06:53
I plan to watch the game again, your post was an interesting read big bird, I thought several of the penalties against us at the time were harsh but wondered if it was just in the heat of the moment.

Schonerts yellow card when it looked a perfectly good stoppage of the maul to me, the tackle in the air and the tackler not releasing one you mentioned all stood out to me at the time.

Mind you some, like Spencer's line out barge was just silly and we need to cut out and hopefully that should be easily done.

vigorniensis
vigorniensis (IP Logged)
01 December, 2017 07:56
"Mind you some, like Spencer's line out barge was just silly..."

I thought at the time, but haven't checked back, that Leicester line-out had pushed themselves to where the Warriors had started off from, and so Warriors were only pushing back to regain their rightful position.

MESSAGES->author
Skipper (IP Logged)
01 December, 2017 08:19
I think they need to be reminded of the win they got off a dodgy put in at the scrum a few years ago which I believe was one of the games we received an official apology for?

They were beaten by the better side and there was plenty of decisions that didn't go our way as well. I suspect the whingeing is to try and get a bit of sympathy from the officials in their next game.
With regards to WDs comments about the fans behind we had similar however when leaving the ground a number of their fans said congratulations, that we were the better team and it was thoroughly deserved etc so they are not all bad.

B-road
01 December, 2017 08:43
I wonder if the quick conversation p!ssed the ref off. It's a nonsense rule anyway, I can understand no TMO after the restart, but allowing teams to prevent a TMO with a drop goal conversion makes no sense to me.

It just makes them (the officials) look stupid.

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
01 December, 2017 09:05
Quote:
Big Bird Warrior
Nah, just a night owl!

Been like it for months.....I have mentioned it (as have others) but hey ho, I expect folk have more interesting things to fix!!

Time posted, (according to the BBC) 0933hrs.

Edit....post shows as 0905hrs.

Is there a TimeLord in the house?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/12/2017 09:07 by TeflonTed.

kceWarrior
kceWarrior (IP Logged)
01 December, 2017 09:55
Quote:
KenDoddsDadsDogsDead
I wonder if the quick conversation p!ssed the ref off. It's a nonsense rule anyway, I can understand no TMO after the restart, but allowing teams to prevent a TMO with a drop goal conversion makes no sense to me.
It just makes them (the officials) look stupid.

We took the quick penalty after they showed the replay on the screens and the fans started booing and calling forward pass. If the crowd had time to see it and react, the ref/assistants/TMO all obviously did too. All it would have taken was for one to say the try was being reviewed and our quick conversion would not to count. Therefore in my eyes, the officials saw it and had no problem with it.

Smart move from us regardless. Play to the rules. No team in the world would wait and say "yeah ref you can check that one if you like, we think it looked 50/50 so its only fair you take another look and prevent the try if you feel like it".

TVM Rides Again....Again
TVM Rides Again (IP Logged)
01 December, 2017 10:13
I think may he without sin cast the first stone on this issue.

When Worcester lose games, the overwhelming majority on here look exclusively inwards and criticise failings internally rather than giving credit to the other side. It's human nature, you focus on what you can control.

It is seldom that we dish out compliments to the opposition, so in fairness it only sounds like Tigers are doing what the majority of us are guilty of doing too.

Whispering_Death
01 December, 2017 10:54
To be fair TMV a huge majority of the time when we loose we play terrible rugby, it isnít just the opposition being better. I feel a bit for the players as they really played some outstanding rugby but it doesnít really seem to have been recognised. Not that they care Iím sure.

TVM Rides Again....Again
01 December, 2017 11:08
In fairness, WD, it has - we have all acknowledge it and even the media are doffing the cap. Except David Flatman who has gone from his usually effusive to a higher plain altogether.

They are usually pretty complimentary about teams that beat Worcester as well.

I still maintain it is in human nature to look to your flaws. I am certain that this part

Quote:
WD
when we loose we play terrible rugby, it isnít just the opposition being better.

rings very true in the minds of Tigers fans this week - its all about your point of perception. The winners want to believe they beat a team playing well, the losers want to believe that they were playing below their best as therein lies consolation and hope.

Tigers are merely behaving in the same way as the vast majority of other fans (the exceptions in my experience being a couple of notable Saint's fans).

If we are seeking validation from these quarters, I suggest we look elsewhere.

Whispering_Death
01 December, 2017 11:14
If the media are doffing the cap I havenít seen it.

FlipFlop
FlipFlop (IP Logged)
01 December, 2017 11:58
As Warriors followers, we've become very experienced in a comparatively short time at accepting defeat with good grace.

Other more successful clubs, when losing unexpectedly have to seek other issues like Ref standards, debatable scores etc to try and justify defeat against lesser teams.

It is rare that we have been given credit for victories when they have arisen- other teams have generally had 'an off day'.

Well hopefully, if we can muster another win tonight, it may be that other clubs and the media need to alter their perspective playing Warriors,

TVM Rides Again....Again
01 December, 2017 12:21
[www.bbc.co.uk]

BBC are pretty complimentary

As are the Torygraph in this quite nice article

[www.telegraph.co.uk]

Planet rugby

[www.planetrugby.com]

pretty positive.

I checked the Guardian and Independent websites, but they don't seem to have even covered the premiership. I am sure they are there somewhere. And I am sure they would be as positive as the other 3.

I know that it probably isn't an exclusive thing - and maybe the relentless pessimism shown on here by some is applied to the rest of life too - but Worcester and its fans, can from time to time in my opinion have a bit of a 'poor little me' syndrome - hence the general harrumphing that Tigers fans haven't been endlessly effusive in praise

We need to back ourselves a bit

MESSAGES->author
Powick Eastander (IP Logged)
01 December, 2017 12:28
And David Flatman loves us (Sm128)

http://v4admin.sportnetwork.net/upload/130/130_0_1418121803.jpg Warriors Rugby Supporters Club http://v4admin.sportnetwork.net/upload/130/130_0_1418121803.jpg

kceWarrior
kceWarrior (IP Logged)
01 December, 2017 12:49
I know a good few Warriors posters on this forum that go onto opposition boards and get their backs up when we lose, telling them how many injuries we have and that the ref was shocking and we'll be better when we know our owner and DoR, etc etc.

We have had a few compliments, which make us feel nice, but realistically I don't care what other fans or pundits say about us.. Nice comments don't get points on the board. It might actually help if teams are underestimating us, as we'll have more chance of catching them complacent.

FlipFlop
FlipFlop (IP Logged)
01 December, 2017 12:51
I don't expect fawning after 2 defeats, but maybe a little less one eyed when defeat darkens the door, might be a little sporting. After all, isn't that one of the bedrocks of Rugby supporting culture, that alleges to differentiate it from Footballs supporting culture?

That said, there were a few of Tigers ranks pretty quickly on the post match thread on this forum, congratulating Warriors our performance.

Anyway, let's hope Warriors can cause Sale to suffer 'a bad day at the office' tonight.

TVM Rides Again....Again
01 December, 2017 13:41
Quote:
Powick Eastander
And David Flatman loves us (Sm128)

If the law is ever changed to make it legal to marry an institution and not a person I reckon would be round with a ring within the hour.... we could do worse...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net