rugbyunion
Latest News:
Come On You Warriors!

This message board is for all things Warriors' and Rugby.
When posting please be aware that posts may be read by youngsters and respect other posters.
Click Here for the Message Board Rules

Whispering_Death
Pressure or Complacency
Whispering_Death (IP Logged)
01 December, 2017 21:18
Which is it because weíve gone from the sublime to one of the worst performances Iíve seen. Against a very average team who played 35 mins with 14 men. What happened!!

FlipFlop
Re: Pressure or Complacency
FlipFlop (IP Logged)
01 December, 2017 21:29
Couldnít make territory or extra man count.

More likely pressure.

Abmatt
Abmatt (IP Logged)
01 December, 2017 21:32
Two previous games that we werenít expected to win. No pressure just go out and play. And look what happened.

Then come up a team evenly matched on paper, at home that I think they would have expected to beat.

Pressure.

Irish will be real pressure as it will make or break our season I think.

usa warrior
usa warrior (IP Logged)
01 December, 2017 22:01
Neither. Fatigue. We we're a step behind everything today. Last week took a lot out of us.

the barbarian
01 December, 2017 22:11
Poor decisions too. There were at least two penalties that were kickable that were kicked into touch instead and ended in no points at all.

MESSAGES->author
Faithful_City (IP Logged)
01 December, 2017 22:29
We had lost 50% of our lineouts, why on earth go for that final lineouts 5 meters out???

Take the Scrum they were 1 short in the backs get it wide FAST!

A very poor lack luster performan

They wanted the win more than we did, simples

JP

WorcesterSauce
WorcesterSauce (IP Logged)
01 December, 2017 23:01
Sale were very good and tactically beat us with ease.

Hallowed Warrior
Hallowed Warrior (IP Logged)
01 December, 2017 23:06
Sale were very good at deliberately knocking on when we threatened their try line and also very good at bringing their support staff on every two minutes in the final quarter of the game. Streetwise.....

warrioroli
WarriorOllie (IP Logged)
01 December, 2017 23:20
100% Fatigue. I thought we were slow off the line from the kick off onwards. When you are unable to at least challenge for the ball from decent high/hanging restarts you know last week took it out of us.

Hougaard also wasn't at his best and we need to stop expecting Adams and Heem to perform miracles from sloppy passes and broken play, can't recall them running onto the ball at speed once.

I also thought CSW was great in the loose and in defense when he came on, however our line out continues to be an absolute shambles.

Finally hats off to AJ Macginty he pretty much single handedly took the game away from us with his kicking and distribution. But anyway.. Onwards and upwards, I rarely say this but looking forward to the European break, allowing the senior guys a well earnt rest after claiming 11 points from the last three premiership games.

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
01 December, 2017 23:28
Ollie, wish it was that simple.

Sale played last week as well. Why arenít they fatigued?

No, thereís more to it than that.

Why we played like a bunch of female reproductive organs is beyond me, but Iím not going to accept fatigue as an excuse.

MESSAGES->author
knightstemplar (IP Logged)
02 December, 2017 00:38
Sale defence was very good. Running rugby didnt work the grubber kicks were effective in the conditions. Lineout totally disfunctional. They put pressure on first 20 mins. Handling not good first 30. Sale had best tactics. Attacking off loading rugby in the conditions wasnt best. Pennell kicked well. Should have made the red card count. Bad loss

Whispering_Death
Whispering_Death (IP Logged)
02 December, 2017 07:52
For me it was pressure. Lance and Mills for the first time looked clueless in attack, not sure what to do, hesitant. That then affected Lanceís kicking which was probably the worst Iíve ever seen at this level.

I clearly got ahead of myself forgetting that after taking a few steps forward we always immediately go seventeen steps backwards.

WorcesterSauce
WorcesterSauce (IP Logged)
02 December, 2017 08:23
Lance had a stinker, but i still think massive credit is due for Sale. They wanted it more than us. I've rarely seen such a dominant defensive display - it was brilliant.

I thought our downfall was tactically we were out thought and in the first 20 minutes we came out thinking we could play like the all blacks and could score a try of the season off every phase. Not beating a team with 14 for 35 minutes at home is undoubtably poor... the european break has come at the right time.

ROLLO on tour
ROLLO (IP Logged)
02 December, 2017 08:35
Maybe we prefer playing on Saturday afternoon, we would also have had a little more recovery time?
I especially liked the pre-planned move at the start of each half for Lance to kick straight to a waiting Sale player - genius(Sm161)

MESSAGES->author
knightstemplar (IP Logged)
02 December, 2017 08:51
Sale turned quite a bit of our ball over which surprised me

BrumBrum
BrumBrum (IP Logged)
02 December, 2017 13:43
Nothing seemed to click for us.
Nearly all our players didn't look confident, silly knock ons, some strange turn overs and just terrible performances from all.
It happens, just need to make sure it doesn't happen against LI.

Prior to the recent run of games, I wanted a win against Sale & Irish, with LBP against Tigers & Saints.
We got 2 BP wins against Tigers & Saints and a LBP against Sale. Thus we are up.
Just hope we get the win against LI.
Maybe that loss will actually work in our favour as it makes a win against LI vital.
God, I am looking hard for that silver lining.

dkexile
dkexile (IP Logged)
02 December, 2017 13:57
I don't think it was either, they had a commited and cynical defence and on the night we had no answers.

The last two weeks have shown what we can do but let's not kid ourselves that we're suddenly a complete side.

A poor performance, hopefully we'll be better again against Irish.

Ronster
Drahm for England (IP Logged)
04 December, 2017 14:54
We lost the physical battle, pure & simple.

Sale were very, very good defensively & also played right on the line (and sometimes beyond) deliberate knock ons, falling in front of mauls, flankers leaving the scrum before the ball is out etc. Good coaching that & someone on our side needed to be even stronger with the ref.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net