rugbyunion
Latest News:
Come On You Warriors!

This message board is for all things Warriors' and Rugby.
When posting please be aware that posts may be read by youngsters and respect other posters.
Click Here for the Message Board Rules

Mikey40
Positive
Mikey40 (IP Logged)
01 December, 2017 22:15
Even though the sense of disappointment hangs large tonight, surely we'd have taken
11 points over 3 matches a month or so ago... onwards and upwards!

w4rriorz1980
Re: Positive
w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
01 December, 2017 22:22
Quote:
Mikey40
Even though the sense of disappointment hangs large tonight, surely we'd have taken
11 points over 3 matches a month or so ago... onwards and upwards!
Most definitely!Especially since Sale got out of jail.Talk about giving the game away!
And it could be worse.We could be Saints!

ROLLO on tour
ROLLO (IP Logged)
01 December, 2017 22:29
How many points have Saints got?

MESSAGES->author
Faithful_City (IP Logged)
01 December, 2017 22:32
1980, I wish we were Saints.

Tonight is a disaster, Irish will be flat out tomorrow - win at all costs and then go for our jugular on the 22nd.

JP

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
01 December, 2017 22:36
“Positive”?

Are you kidding?

How much time v 14?

Positive?

Positive disaster more like.

MESSAGES->author
drifter (IP Logged)
02 December, 2017 09:22
agreed teflon. we played 14 for most of that match

w4rriorz1980
w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
02 December, 2017 09:36
Teams do make more of an effort when down to 14 especially defensively.

Southstand(again)
Southstand(again) (IP Logged)
02 December, 2017 09:53
Don't normally post the day after a game. Perhaps it's the drugs but I'm not feeling too negative.

When the fixture lists came out at the start of the year I was pretty fed up. We hadn't recruited well. We had blatant holes in the squad and I was more or less convinced we were about to be put up for sale. On top of that I didn't see us picking up a win much before Christmas.

We've picked up 13 points, that's 13 points in our last four games and we stand 6 points ahead of Irish.

Yes, I'm disappointed with the result last night but the emotion I am feeling is frustration rather than despair.

There isn't a massive difference between ourselves and Sale (apart from Sale probably having spent more on recruitment this year)

It was four points at the end. We made loads of mistakes and didn't take the chances on offer. Sale defended well, but still, We could, and should, have won. Perhaps on another night we would have.

MESSAGES->author
knightstemplar (IP Logged)
02 December, 2017 10:14
Injuries werent great Schonert looked a bad knock to the hip. Hougaard was hobbling in the end and Lewis went off

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
02 December, 2017 12:18
I’m not interested in league points discussion when considering how we played.

We were utterly clueless for large parts of last night, how can that be from the same group of players I watched at Welford Rd last Saturday.?

Bemused.

BrumBrum
BrumBrum (IP Logged)
02 December, 2017 13:32
Find myself agreeing with Ted & SouthStand.
Last night was a terrible game & a terrible performance from us, shocking.
I was hoping to see the FH/Lance/Mills combo click as they would have had more time together, but they seemed to get worse.

But If we are going to F-Up it's nice to do it with 2 bonus point wins against Saints & Tigers in the bank. Just hope we don't repeat the F-Up against LI, as that would be the wrong time with no silver lining no matter how hard you look.

Baffled why the FH/Lance/Mills combo is not working as good as it could or should.
Was hoping we could hang onto Lance for a week or two extra, but unless we see an improvement from him, would like to see him on the bench when Shilcock returns.

Southstand(again)
Southstand(again) (IP Logged)
02 December, 2017 13:34
Quote:
TeflonTed
We were utterly clueless for large parts of last night, how can that be from the same group of players I watched at Welford Rd last Saturday.?

Bemused.

Do me a favour and re-post your first paragraph after the Irish game TT.

I don't care what the fat one in the shiny bin bag says, we haven't suddenly become world beaters

Reality check. Leicester were missing five key players and had a ten who was playing at Leeds last season

As with the Saints game, how we play weakened sides during Autumn international and Six nation periods will always define our season until we have an owner who is seriously interested in investing in our squad again.

Ake1985
Ake1985 (IP Logged)
02 December, 2017 13:35
A lot of credit has to go to the Sale defensive work! They were very good!

They forced a lot if errors, slowed our ball down and were quick off the line.

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
02 December, 2017 14:48
Quote:
Southstand(again)
Quote:
TeflonTed

Bemused.

Do me a favour and re-post your first paragraph after the Irish game TT.

I don't care what the fat one in the shiny bin bag says, we haven't suddenly become world beaters

Reality check. Leicester were missing five key players and had a ten who was playing at Leeds last season

As with the Saints game, how we play weakened sides during Autumn international and Six nation periods will always define our season until we have an owner who is seriously interested in investing in our squad again.

Yes we’ll all be checking league points later today as well as the 22nd.

I just detected some feeling that our performance could be in some way excused since we stretched our points gap above Irish by a lbp.

And I can see no excuses for a dreadful performance last night.

Offa
Offa (IP Logged)
02 December, 2017 18:26
I too thought that we were awful. We had no penetration, and could not break them down as a team. We were reliant only on individual breaks from our back three. Our lineout continues to be terrible (we miss GJ here). Our handling was really poor.
On the plus side, I thought Sale were Good, and a better team than their league position. I hope that performance was a blip.

usa warrior
usa warrior (IP Logged)
02 December, 2017 18:45
We were tired. Those 13 points were hard fought and winning with 38% possession last week took it out of us.

No reason to worry. Irish got stuffed and we have been humbled. We’ll be better for it.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net