rugbyunion
Latest News:
Come On You Warriors!

This message board is for all things Warriors' and Rugby.
When posting please be aware that posts may be read by youngsters and respect other posters.
Click Here for the Message Board Rules

usa warrior
Club Sale Imminent
usa warrior (IP Logged)
07 December, 2017 06:51
And CD still waits in the wings, if necessary.

[www.worcesternews.co.uk]

MESSAGES->author
Re: Club Sale Imminent
drifter (IP Logged)
07 December, 2017 08:03
I would like to think that Cecil will still be around at the club for many years to come. Great Bloke!!

usa warrior
usa warrior (IP Logged)
07 December, 2017 08:07
His stepping back is, hopefully, an indication that he feels that this bid is a good one.

FlipFlop
FlipFlop (IP Logged)
07 December, 2017 08:27
I doubt that the sale is quite as imminent as expected with all the legal and number stuff to resolve, funds etc. It is promising that there is a plan B if the main bid doesn't come to bear. I'm still thinking this will be a January 2018 announcement, perhaps with a sprinkling of signings stardust to kick start the second half of the season...hopefully.

Interesting that BB is part of CD's consortium if that needs to be the plan B.

MESSAGES->author
Faithful_City (IP Logged)
07 December, 2017 08:38
"deep pockets" "ambition" "top 4 club" are all great words to read!

Invest in both playing AND facilities.

Build a very good team and GREAT facilities. make us THE sporting and entertainment center in the West Midlands.

Think and act BIG! Don't pusseyfoot around or we will go nowhere, this is a great mantra.

"Build it and they will come"

Long gone are the days of "Rugby Club", it is now a full blown business which needs lots of income streams to fund its main reason for being, "a PROFESSIONAL Rugby Club"

We as long time supporters may feel a little put out that the cosy club atmosphere of days gone by have gone, but we can create that with the Supporters Club!

As the game progresses a vibrant and healthy Supporters Club becomes more important.

Lets all pull together and make that step change we know is now needed to make us successful on and off the field

Build the North Stand, Develop the West Stand, make them income generating 365 days a year - build them big enough!

JP

TVM Rides Again....Again
TVM Rides Again (IP Logged)
07 December, 2017 08:41
It wouldn't surprise me if an announcement was soonish.

As FlipFlop says there is a lot of due diligence to conclude with this sort of thing, but reading between the lines I think this has been going on for a while.

I would say that the reason information is starting to come out is that it looks like everything is going to check out legally.

usa warrior
usa warrior (IP Logged)
07 December, 2017 09:21
I firmly believe that it is imminent. The "tomorrow" CD references is, in fact, tomorrow, so the deadline for completion is then.

We're close.

ROLLO on tour
ROLLO (IP Logged)
07 December, 2017 09:31
I think also that the longer is goes on the more chance that news will slip out rather than being announced, would expect logically an announcement sooner rather than later.
When however does logic apply in such circumstances?

FlipFlop
FlipFlop (IP Logged)
07 December, 2017 09:56
"several interested parties".

My interpretation on the "tomorrow" line was that interest had to be registered by then, rather than a done deal completed.

However, there has been no news for so long, interpretation can become more hopeful than factual if we're not careful.

Still going with Jan 2018 for me, but happy to be proved wrong by the club.

MESSAGES->author
07 December, 2017 09:58
Salient points which indicate it is a done deal with all the required boxes now ticked.

Quote:
CD

the club director has revealed a “small group” of investors with “deep pockets” have now come forward with an ambition to make Warriors successful.

Quote:
CD

“There is a deadline of tomorrow so we are hoping to have it concluded.”

Quote:
CD

“It could be put together if the current interest is unsuccessful but we all believe it will be now so that’s not necessary.

“At the moment it’s on hold.”

Finally

Quote:
CD

“We are pretty optimistic that it would be all sorted in the next week or so,” Duckworth said.

“We are majoring on the potential buyers who have put a lot of work in.

“They have apparently got deep pockets so we have got to see how that exactly pans out.

“They are ambitious and want to take the club forward.”

Duckworth said Warriors were “on schedule” and “optimistic” about getting “everything sorted” by Christmas.

“It’s dragging on a little longer than we would like it to have done," he said.

“But people take time and you always want a bit more information.

“We want to be a top-four club.

“The lasting ambition is still there and we believe it will be reinforced when we get this matter sorted out.”

JP

MSR-Worcester
MSR-Worcester (IP Logged)
07 December, 2017 10:15
It's interesting when you listen to Flats and Shanks they say facilities never made a difference in their careers. You looked first at the club's success, who else plays there, their culture, etc. before facilities.

I think if we are to rise to the top under new ownership we need a new approach, a la Saracens. Gold creating links to EQPs in SA is a good start, interesting to see where it goes.

MESSAGES->author
07 December, 2017 10:57
Flats and Shanks were different times.

Clubs have to make money or go out of business and where would the players be playing then - back in amateur land.

Facilities create income streams.

The better the facilities, the bigger the income, the better players you can afford.

Primary - the team and the players!

Facilities- long term investment, have to be prepared to build and spend on top of the primary role. Likely to be a loss in the short term but profitable medium to long

JP

MESSAGES->author
Powick Eastander (IP Logged)
07 December, 2017 11:15
I think that the facilities they are referring to are those for players. Like our cryo chamber, indoor pitch, gym etc etc etc Don't think the quality of the corporate facilities are of much interest to a player when picking a new club.

http://v4admin.sportnetwork.net/upload/130/130_0_1418121803.jpg Warriors Rugby Supporters Club http://v4admin.sportnetwork.net/upload/130/130_0_1418121803.jpg

MESSAGES->author
07 December, 2017 11:24
More than Likely PE but some may take a long view and the stability of their employment, income and family.

JP

MESSAGES->author
Fiver (IP Logged)
07 December, 2017 13:53
I remember speaking to Carl Kirwan when he first arrived. Having come from Welsh he was amazed at our facilities. I think players will say facilities don't make a difference, but once you've experienced what we've got, would you want to go back to a club without all those things? I think many have caught up with us, but certainly not all and so comprehensively.

With all of the injuries we see now, I think players will be drawn to clubs who can get them playing again quicker.

MESSAGES->author
West Brom Warrior (IP Logged)
07 December, 2017 14:44
Was told today that good news is coming for Worcester from a very well connected rugby man which would line up nicely with this story.

usa warrior
usa warrior (IP Logged)
07 December, 2017 15:26
Certainly deserve some good news after the past few months. Lets hope it's soon!!

Ronster
Drahm for England (IP Logged)
08 December, 2017 08:19
I'd heard that the people coming in will 'steady the ship' but won't be investors with bottomless pits of money!

usa warrior
usa warrior (IP Logged)
08 December, 2017 08:30
Cecil seems to think they have deep pockets.

“They have apparently got deep pockets so we have got to see how that exactly pans out."

Eastrrr Bunny
Eastrrr Bunny (IP Logged)
08 December, 2017 09:11
Deep pockets and short arms! It must be a Scottish connection

A38
A38 (IP Logged)
08 December, 2017 09:54
Quote:
Drahm for England
I'd heard that the people coming in will 'steady the ship' but won't be investors with bottomless pits of money!

That could well be right but it would fit with CD's consortium - which has now stood back and let the "deep pockets" group have "first refusal".

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net