rugbyunion
Latest News:
Come On You Warriors!

This message board is for all things Warriors' and Rugby.
When posting please be aware that posts may be read by youngsters and respect other posters.
Click Here for the Message Board Rules

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sophstar
Re: Parking tickets
Sophstar (IP Logged)
21 December, 2017 20:45
Sooooo, as an away supporter where are the best places to park then?? And is the park and walk actually 10 mins and suitable for an evening game?? Thanks

Tony Warrior
Tony Warrior (IP Logged)
21 December, 2017 21:30
Follow the official signs for parking.
The walk is tarmac and well lit, there will be plenty of company both there and back.
Drive safely.

welsh
welsh (IP Logged)
21 December, 2017 21:59
Not entirely Tarmac and well lit, but mostly. And there certainly will be plenty of friendly company.

sabrina
sabrina (IP Logged)
21 December, 2017 23:14
Perhaps a PA announcement during the match giving the registration numbers of the illegally parked vehicles and an instruction to move them would have been a better option?

Abmatt
Abmatt (IP Logged)
22 December, 2017 08:05
They used to do this.

Or just donít park illegally and save the announcer the time.

gmem
Garym (IP Logged)
22 December, 2017 08:22
Quote:
sabrina
Perhaps a PA announcement during the match giving the registration numbers of the illegally parked vehicles and an instruction to move them would have been a better option?

It is not the club's resresponsibility, but the drivers. The club does announcements typically for events within the ground. They have done their bit by telling you the council will be out and about. Given the numbers moaning on here, it could take all match, if they were to read out all the numbers.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 22/12/2017 08:51 by Garym.

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
22 December, 2017 09:31
In defence of those who got Wainwright Rd tickets, and it now turns out I know 3, they certainly didnít know they were parking illegally. There are no signs or road markings other than some double yellow sections, and none of them were anywhere near those.

All 3 were on grass verges beyond the pavement, obstructing no-one.

There is a difference between making a mistake and pig ignorance.

gmem
Garym (IP Logged)
22 December, 2017 09:47
Quote:
TeflonTed
In defence of those who got Wainwright Rd tickets, and it now turns out I know 3, they certainly didnít know they were parking illegally. There are no signs or road markings other than some double yellow sections, and none of them were anywhere near those.
All 3 were on grass verges beyond the pavement, obstructing no-one.

There is a difference between making a mistake and pig ignorance.

As far as I am aware, ignorance is not a defence in a court of law. I would like to see you try that on with HMRC!

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
22 December, 2017 09:50
Ah, self assessment time looms, thanks for the reminder!

gmem
Garym (IP Logged)
22 December, 2017 10:04
Quote:
TeflonTed
Ah, self assessment time looms, thanks for the reminder!

Just done ours smiling smiley

misunderstood
misunderstood (IP Logged)
24 December, 2017 09:13
Unfortunately the wardens were not out on Friday night, i cant post piccys on here but have several of cars blocking pavements
The funniest was watching a Merc driver trying to reverse across the kerb/pavement onto the grass and not being able to do so with rear wheel drive.
Pedestrians having to jump out of his way as he revved it up several times

In essence park where you are supposed to and you wont get a ticket, its that simples

(Sm142)

Always misunderstood

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 24/12/2017 09:37 by misunderstood.

WorcesterSauce
WorcesterSauce (IP Logged)
24 December, 2017 10:24
Some of the parking you see on Wainwright Road is some of the most idiotic, selfish parking you'll see anywhere (completely blocking pavements) and people wouldnt do it anywhere else but for some reason feel it's acceptable to do it when they go to the rugby... why?

p1umb
p1umb (IP Logged)
24 December, 2017 12:14
Couldn't agree more Saucie.

Southstand(again)
Southstand(again) (IP Logged)
24 December, 2017 12:41
Agree with Saucie, it's selfish.
One of my lads is partially-sighted and it isn't unusual for him to be sporting the odd livid bruise due to nighttime pavement parkers.
That said, he isn't always blameless as his social habits do occasionally add meaning to the term "Blind drunk"

worcestawarrior
worcestawarrior (IP Logged)
25 December, 2017 10:11
Quote:
WorcesterSauce
Some of the parking you see on Wainwright Road is some of the most idiotic, selfish parking you'll see anywhere (completely blocking pavements) and people wouldnt do it anywhere else but for some reason feel it's acceptable to do it when they go to the rugby... why?
Probably because they live in our street and park on the pavement all the time without getting a ticket. No double yellows just double standards by the council

MESSAGES->author
That Councillor! (IP Logged)
03 January, 2018 14:03
It is a popular misconception that so long as you don't park on the highway i.e. the verge, where the are yellow lines (set by a parking order), you are ok to park. The restrictions put in place by the yellow lines apply all the way to the curtilage of the property in front of the highway, in this instance the hedge. If anyone feels they were wrongly ticketed then the Traffic Penalty Tribunal is the independent appeals panel for England and Wales.

Many of the parking orders were set before Worcester Warriors became a Premiership side and were put in place to alleviate problems caused by commercial vehicles and other vehicles (cars) causing obstructions on the roads in the business park.

p1umb
p1umb (IP Logged)
05 January, 2018 08:14
from the offy matchday hub: Important Notice: Warriors ask all supporters who attend matches at Sixways to park only in designated and authorised parking areas as directed by the Club. Supporters are asked not to park on verges and along inappropriate roads on and around Pershore Lane. We take our commitments to ensure spectator safety very seriously at Sixways and, although we cannot control areas outside of the stadium complex, we appeal to supporters not to park in undesignated areas as there is no safe access to the stadium from these points. The Club would also like to make clear that the Apex Motocross track car parking facility on the Sixways island is in no way affiliated with Worcester Warriors and is not an endorsed car park facility for the stadium. Thank you for your co-operation with this matter.

Parking enforcement is in place along Wainwright Road, where cars are parked dangerously or illegally following continued issues experienced by the local businesses and noted by local police.

WorcesterSauce
05 January, 2018 09:54
Interesting post p1umb.

Southstand(again)
Southstand(again) (IP Logged)
05 January, 2018 10:05
A road as defined under s. 192(1) of the Road Traffic Act 1988:

....any highway and any other road to which the public has access, and includes bridges over which a road passes...

When it comes to what a Highway is relating to obstruction or parking dangerously case law is used.

In Worth v Brooks (1959) it was considered that a "road stretches to the boundary fences or grass verges adjacent to it, ancluding any pavements."

And in Randall v Motor Insurers' Bureau (1969) it was decided that "If a vehicle is partly on a road and partly on some other privately owned land it can be treated as being 'on a road' for the purposes of road traffic legislation."

Put simply - for the purpose of the law "The Highway" extends "From Hedgerow to Hedgerow"

The clear message is - Park on the verge at your own peril....and

If you do get a ticket, don't bother whinging on this board.

vigorniensis
vigorniensis (IP Logged)
05 January, 2018 12:09
Quote:
worcestawarrior
Quote:
WorcesterSauce
Probably because they live in our street and park on the pavement all the time without getting a ticket. No double yellows just double standards by the council

Totally random performance of enforcement by Traffic Wardens within Worcester (as highlighted by 'worcestawarrior'). 'people wouldn't do it anywhere else but for some reason feel it's acceptable to do it when they go to the rugby' BUT.... pavements everywhere, every night, in Worcester with cars parked on them and the Council maintain there is no law forbidding the parking on pavements in Worcester. And this matters because the police will inform you that it is the Council's job and not theirs.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/01/2018 12:11 by vigorniensis.

Villages12
Villages12 (IP Logged)
05 January, 2018 12:57
Worcester, Hereford and Exeter are three authorities who have their own Acts of Parliament making it illegal to park on the pavement at any time !

I'm sure it's too much effort to enforce it all the time but they have the powers if they choose to use them, mostly that's not the case. It's for the local council to enforce this.

Outside of London a couple of English local authorities also ban pavement parking through private Acts of Parliament. In Exeter, section 30 of the Exeter City Council Act 1987, footway and verge parking on urban roads is prohibited. The Exeter Act makes parking on the footway or verge a criminal offence. However, the enforcement of pavement parking has transferred to Devon County Council although these provisions are still yet to be transferred but were expected by the end of 2012 [1] . In Worcester parking on the pavement is illegal due to a private Act of Parliament. The councilís website sets out all the different Ďcontravention codesí that can be used to enforce parking Ė and pavement parking is one of them. However, Ďloadingí is permitted while parked on the pavement

BrumBrum
BrumBrum (IP Logged)
05 January, 2018 13:31
This may sound daft, but where are people to park?
If you are coming from the North, West or East the Park'nRide adds a good hour arriving then again leaving. Or do you park in the Motocross Carpark and risk your life or do you park in one of the companies offering their car parks which again adds a good 30-45 mins each way.
Or do you give up coming to the matches and watch the damn thing on the TV?

Would love to find out where the majority of our support live & thus travel from.
Believe the minority live in Worcester City as most around me seem to come from Bridgnorth, Evesham, Birmingham, Hereford, Warwick & Dudley.
They must park somewhere, they can't walk, public transport is a joke and the Park & Ride requires to travel into the City & traffic to access and then back again to get out.

Since returned to Warriors, Wainwright Rd looked a reasonable offer/compromise.
Never saw the numerious disabled, blind, old or infirm struggling to walk along the road due to ignorant parked cars and have never seen the pavement fully blocked by any car.
Games are played on Saturday or Friday night & the road is mainly a commercial highway where long distance lorries park up over night.
Around most sporting events a bit of understanding is usually granted to parking on Sport nights. Would think the Council would allow the same for Warriors, as long as there is no ignorant selfish parking - which again I have never seen.

Still surprised by some of the glee shown by some on here at others misfortune & sorry don't believe the numerious stories of the blind, disabled being blocked on Wainwright Rd by these ignorant Rugby Parked Cars.
We are struggling to attract supporters as it is, this sort of petty council ticketing will cause more to ask "what's the point in supporting Warrior".
The council need to cut people some slack & only ticket those that are really blocking the pavement and not those bending the rules 15 times a year for a couple of hours on a road few use outside 9-5 and certainly not 7.00-10.00pm Friday & 2-6.00pm Saturday.

Patgadd
Patgadd (IP Logged)
05 January, 2018 15:10
BrumBrum, that's not all. The car parks offered by companies not only take ages to exit, but I am informed that they now fill up long before kickoff. (For the record, I now travel with somebody who has a car park ticket, but I parked on Wainwright road for many years and hardly ever killed anybody)

A38
A38 (IP Logged)
05 January, 2018 15:14
My experience for a Saturday game - if there isn't too much in the way of injury delay - is that I am back in my car in the Blackpole Park and Ride at about 5.00 pm. or not long after. I don't regard that as too bad at all given the time it does take to get away from many sporting and cultural events.

And of course at my age it's free.

Blackpole is readily accessible from the A449 / M5 / my namesake and from the north and the east of the city itself.

WorcesterSauce
05 January, 2018 15:40
Brum Brum have you really never seen any of the cars blocking the pavement? I see them every single week. If youve never seen it I can only conclude that perhaps you are one of the blind people who uses The road to get to the ground.

Joking aside - you raise a valid point.... where are people meant to park? Main point of the issue is that Sixways is in a dreadfully poor location in regards to accessibility. People don't park illegally because they want to - it is because there is no other alternative. If there was a 20000 space multi storey car park on Wainwright Road would people park on the verges? Of course not, in the same way that they don't in town.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/01/2018 15:42 by WorcesterSauce.

J6/7
J6/7 (IP Logged)
05 January, 2018 18:55
The fact is the illegal parking is regarded as a source of revenue. If you park on a verge in (for instance) Wainwright road there is no way you will cause an obstruction, in fact, if you parked anywhere on Wainwright road, other than across a driveway, there is no way you will cause an obstruction any more than if you parked on the same road in the areas designated as available to park! The road is the same width throughout its length and it is ludicrous to state that if you park in one part of the road there will be no obstruction but if you park a bit further down the same road you cause an obstruction! If you park completely off the road you will still contribute to the cities finances, immoral though it undoubtedly is! This particularly applies to the extensive verges (small fields) opposite the club access.There are no safety issues parking over the road from the club despite the vociferous minority who are the usual coterie of smug self appointed guardians of the moral high ground and we all know who they are! It is small wonder club attendances are dropping off - And as previously stated, Pikeys park anywhere they like and never receive tickets, how fair is that?

p1umb
p1umb (IP Logged)
08 January, 2018 10:36
J6/7 try "the fact is" IMVHO

A38
A38 (IP Logged)
08 January, 2018 11:15
Going off topic and into the general topic of traffic movement - and linking with the Friday rugby debate - was I right in thinking that the congestion around the J6 island was greater than usual and that one of the reasons related to the David Lloyd car park?

Through the fogged up windows of the bus it looked like that the queue to get into David Lloyd stretched back to the main road and in turn caused a slow moving tailback to the motorway island. I certainly got to the ground far later than I would have expected. There had not been similar difficulties on previous Friday nights.

There were a number of late-ish arrivals near to where I sit and there were mutterings of apology blaming late buses and traffic problems.

And, to bring this post back to the thread, there must be a temptation if one is caught up in unexpected traffic delays - and the game is due to start very shortly - to ditch one's car where it may not be wise to do so.

I'm not excusing this - but it may well be a factor.

But with all that said, having experienced traffic problems getting to a sporting venue in the centre of a town where parking is far greater an issue than at or around Sixways, I'm grateful that Worcester do not play in the middle of the City.

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
08 January, 2018 11:34
Spot on A38, the David Lloyd queue was stationary when we arrived at around 1915hrs.

Mrs Tedís taxi was severely inconvenienced.

Brummagem Bertie
Brummagem Bertie (IP Logged)
09 January, 2018 14:15
My own view on this is that the Council were a bit sneaky in suddenly enforcing the rules.

When Wychavon decided to start enforcing the rules on the clearway on Pershore Lane, I seem to recall that there were warnings issued via the club beforehand, which have been repeated numerous times. This means that people who get ticketed really have very little excuse, nor receive much sympathy.

With Wainwright Road, it would appear that this came very much out of the blue, with warnings only issued after the event, for the next game.

I think it would have been much fairer for those warnings to be issued beforehand, together with a statement that made it clear that the verges were part of the highway and subject to the same parking restrictions. Whilst I understand that the verges may form part of the highway, people could be forgiven for thinking that the verges on Wainwright Road were private land, part of the industrial estate, and not part of the adopted highway.

All that said, enforcement is long overdue, especially if things have not improved since we used to park on Wainwright Road. That was a number of years ago and there were always plenty of examples of pure selfish, not to mention dangerous, parking at every home game.

One thing I do disagree with is, is the argument that the stadium is inaccessible. It is very accessible, especially by car, which is part of the problem.

That said, it has got plenty of parking compared with similar stadia: over 1,000 on site, more at David Lloyd (used by Warriors supporters who are members there), several hundred more over the road, at WRFC. I guess a couple of thousand more at the two park and rides, a thousand or so more (?) at the private companies that open up for games, as well as several hundred more along Wainwright and neighbouring roads, within 20 minutes walk of the ground.

That's on top of the buses direct from the town centre and being part of a network of cycle lanes from Warndon, the Villages and Ronkswood, and the canal towpath serving Perdiswell, Barbourne and the City Centre.

Whatever you do, do it safely!

WorcesterSauce
09 January, 2018 15:49
The most accessible mode of transport to the stadium is, I agree, by car. Does that therefore make it accessible? I would argue no.

Firstly, you are limited to a restricted number of on site parking (1,000). Other than that, the closest (legal) car parking spaces available to the general public (not WRFC or David Lloyd members) are located at minimum of a 10/15 minute walk away (although these spaces go up to 2 hours before the game), at most, probably a 30 minute walk away and in reality, probably 40 minutes from the time you actually get to your seat and even longer after games, especially with big crowds. Because of this, fans find the need to park illegally on verges as near to the 10/15 minute cut through as possible. If there was plenty of legal parking available people wouldn't park on the verges in order to a- park for free and b- get as close to the ground as possible. I'm not disputing what is an acceptable walking distance to Sixways, but clearly, there are 1000s who feel that legal car parking spaces are too far.

Also - pernickety as it may be, I cant see that theres 2,000 on the park and ride and for night games (i.e most matches) I imagine the number of cyclists to and from the games is tiny, not helped by the fact that the population are generally lazy (see above) and the number of bike racks provided is also tiny, not to mention the fact that sporting events are just in general not cycle friendly places.

The ground is therefore, I agree, accessible by car to those who can park at the ground/have a DL membership/have a WRFC membership. However it is proven every week that 100s of drivers who cannot park at the ground will transport 1000s of fans illegally in order to avoid parking costs/walking time. As said above, if the ground was accessible this simply would not happen. What compounds this is the fact that the tickets do not seem to have detracted fans from parking on the verges in the two games since they were put on cars (Oyonnax). If repeated ticketing did come into force, and there is a reasonable possibility this could happen, where exactly would these 1000s of fans park?

If I compare it with other leisure activities I can do in Worcester, it would come out last for accessibility against virtually every one. If I compare with other sports venues I've been to it also comes right down the list. I just don't buy the fact that it is accessible or in any way sustainable unless some radical changes happen, especially if we genuinely do want to be able to attract 15-20,000 at some point in the future, given that the current arrangement is clearly already creaking. If the Council found the need to ticket cars at Oyonnax and there has also been a subsequent announcement by the club (as p1umbs post shows), there is clearly a worry that whenever a rugby game is staged at Sixways, there is a threat to highways safety. If this is the case when there is 5,000 (im guessing this was the approximate attendance for Oyonnax), then how do we expect to cope when there is 15-20,000?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/01/2018 15:49 by WorcesterSauce.

Brummagem Bertie
09 January, 2018 16:28
Quote:
WorcesterSauce
However it is proven every week that 100s of drivers who cannot park at the ground will transport 1000s of fans illegally in order to avoid parking costs/walking time. As said above, if the ground was accessible this simply would not happen.

Based on the argument that a shortage of legal parking spaces, leading to people parking illegally and being ticketed, means inaccessible, Franklin's Gardens is also inaccessible: they had lots of problems with illegal parking in residential roads around the ground, which led to ticketing.

Any time I walk around Birmingham City Centre I can find cars that are parked illegally and ticketed. That must mean Birmingham City Centre is also inaccessible. (Sm16)

The fact that there are people who would park in the East Stand bar, if they could, are too lazy to walk another 500 yards, or will bend/ignore the rules if they think they can get away with it, doesn't make somewhere inaccessible.

Whether somewhere is accessible is a question of objective fact, not opinion. Are there good quality roads, is there parking, are there paths and cycle routes, is there public transport, etc? Sixways ticks all these boxes.

Oh, and moving it into the centre of town, Pitchcroft say, wouldn't make it more accessible, based on your criteria, but less: there simply aren't 3,000 legal parking spaces available within a 20 minute walk.

Villages12
Villages12 (IP Logged)
09 January, 2018 16:50
Isn't this just a bit of an over-reaction ?

People have been ticketed before in previous seasons, mostly for parking in silly places. As far as I know, no-one knows how many people were ticketed on Wainwright Road but I'm told that most of the ones who did get a ticket were either obstructing entrances or committing double yellow line offences and so deserved their punishment.

Why the rant about accessibility ? I think we have enough to worry about on the pitch without using up energy on a relatively unimportant issue like parking.

Latecomer
Latecomer (IP Logged)
09 January, 2018 17:16
For the sake of balance here, today (Tuesday - definately not a match day !) I had cause to go to the Post Box in Wainwright Road (by the Sorting Office)
There were several cars parked on the grass verge on either side of the Post Box, at least two of them had parking tickets stuck on the windscreens.

It would seem the authorities are not just 'targeting' the rugby fans on match days.

For what its worth, I park (legally) in this area on match days, and on at least a couple of occasions I have had to jump smartly out of the way of some pillock reversing across the pavement trying to extracate their vehicle from the grass verge, totally unaware of my presence on the footpath. Unfortunately some drivers live in their own little bubble and are oblivious to what is happening around them.

But there again you don't have to be a rugby fan to qualify for the title of pillock !!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/01/2018 17:21 by Latecomer.

Al the Warrior
Al the Warrior (IP Logged)
09 January, 2018 17:57
Hereís 2 points I would like to convey;

1) I work in Birmingham city centre and drive to games, so accepted on Saturdays this is point is of no concern however with all the Friday night games it is not uncommon that it can take over an hour and abit on a Friday to get home, then get changed and head out. Circa 7.15/ 20 by the time I get to near the ground. This can mean you have missed the last bus from blackpole, car parks are full. So what do you do go home? Or park on wainwright road and as such see point 2.

2. Numerous supporters park so poorly on wainwright road leaving such large gaps between other cars a space that can fit 10 cars say is taken up with 5 or 6, creating more scarcity of parking.

I accept these pompous or high and mighty comments are fine for the retirees or people based in Worcester but not necessarily for all.

I canít say I want to park on the verge (& out of choice I donít) but Iíd sooner do this than miss the game.

WorcesterSauce
09 January, 2018 18:42
Quote:
Brummagem Bertie
Quote:
WorcesterSauce
However it is proven every week that 100s of drivers who cannot park at the ground will transport 1000s of fans illegally in order to avoid parking costs/walking time. As said above, if the ground was accessible this simply would not happen.

Based on the argument that a shortage of legal parking spaces, leading to people parking illegally and being ticketed, means inaccessible, Franklin's Gardens is also inaccessible: they had lots of problems with illegal parking in residential roads around the ground, which led to ticketing.

Any time I walk around Birmingham City Centre I can find cars that are parked illegally and ticketed. That must mean Birmingham City Centre is also inaccessible. (Sm16)

The fact that there are people who would park in the East Stand bar, if they could, are too lazy to walk another 500 yards, or will bend/ignore the rules if they think they can get away with it, doesn't make somewhere inaccessible.

Whether somewhere is accessible is a question of objective fact, not opinion. Are there good quality roads, is there parking, are there paths and cycle routes, is there public transport, etc? Sixways ticks all these boxes.

Oh, and moving it into the centre of town, Pitchcroft say, wouldn't make it more accessible, based on your criteria, but less: there simply aren't 3,000 legal parking spaces available within a 20 minute walk.

Think you may have got the wrong end of the stick BB - i was responding to your comment saying that Sixways was accessible to car users, which i agree with, if you can park at Sixways/WRFC/DL.

Of course a lack of parking is not the only factor in what makes Sixways inaccessible. A lack of walking and cycling options also contribute to this along with limited public transport options whereby virtually everywhere in Worcester you need to get at least two buses to the ground.

Are there good quality roads - there is one road in and one road out of Sixways.

Is there parking? Clearly not enough to host a mere 5/6,000. If everyone parked legally and it was a sell out, some would find that they need to walk 40+ minutes to their car.

Are there paths and cycle routes? From a small suburb of the city there is the option to cycle although i maintain that sporting events are not cycle friendly. Sixways has a limited number of bike racks and Pershore Lane is unlit for the most part, muddy and extremely poorly surfaced. It is not what i would call a quality walking or cycle route, especially when dark and crowded with thousands of people. Neither the canal or Pershore Lane are easily workable options to cycle along for a match at night (and this includes mid winter 3pm matches like this Saturday) - i've tried!

Is there public transport? There is public transport options although they aren't great. There is no train you can get for people outside Worcester and i believe (although i may be wrong here) no bus service from anywhere other than Worcester Bus Station/park and rides. As such most people will need to get two modes of public transport to get to Sixways. No necesarrily massively inaccessible in that regards, but certainly not the most accessible either.

To say it ticks all the boxes is IMO, quite obviously wrong.

The difference between being ticketed at FG and Sixways is that at FG you will have a far greater array of public transport options to get to the ground as well as the option to park that bit further away and, for many more than can af Sixways, the option of walking. Only one of the above options is reasonably available to the vast majority who park illegally at Sixways.

Also - for the record this isnt a rant, more a debate (id love to put a smiley face to 'prove' this, but iphones dont allow.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/01/2018 18:43 by WorcesterSauce.

Brummagem Bertie
09 January, 2018 20:52
"Of course a lack of parking is not the only factor in what makes Sixways inaccessible." - A lack of parking, if you are talking about needing to accommodate 5/6,000, is common to most grounds in the Premiership and makes most of them inaccessible.

"... along with limited public transport options whereby virtually everywhere in Worcester you need to get at least two buses to the ground." - How easy do you think it is to get to Quins, Sarries, Falcons, Saints, Coventry Wasps, Exeter, Sale, Bristol, by public transport? Certainly no easier than Sixways.

"Are there good quality roads - there is one road in and one road out of Sixways." - You can approach Sixways from the Sixways roundabout, which has 6 routes feeding into it, including a motorway, and a dual carriageway, or from Martin Hussingtree. How easy do you think it is to drive into the centre of Bath, or to Saints, or Sarries, or Tigers? Ask Sale fans how they feel about driving there on a Friday night.

"Are there paths and cycle routes? From a small suburb of the city there is the option to cycle although i maintain that sporting events are not cycle friendly. Sixways has a limited number of bike racks and Pershore Lane is unlit for the most part, muddy and extremely poorly surfaced. It is not what i would call a quality walking or cycle route ... - i've tried!" - It's funny, but I've walked to the ground from old Warndon any number of times and I think it's a really good walking route, where the paths are separated from the roads, well lit, and with dedicated crossing points. I certainly feel a lot safer walking to Sixways than I do to Castle Grim, Welford Road, Saints or Sale. As for cycle facilities at Sixways, raise it with the club.

"Is there public transport? ... As such most people will need to get two modes of public transport to get to Sixways." - I've travelled to Sixways from Brum by train and bus, without too much trouble. I can't see it would be worse than Falcons, Sale, Sarries, Quins, Bristol, etc. and not much different for Saints.

You're entitled to your opinion and your argument but when you try to argue that Sixways isn't on a good quality road network because there's only one road in and one road out, when it's 200 yards from a motorway and a dual carriageway, you're not only factually wrong but nonsensical; ditto dismissing old Warndon and the Villages as a small suburb.

Poolbrook
Poolbrook (IP Logged)
09 January, 2018 21:26
Is there somewhere to park tired old hobby horses at Sixways?

Brummagem Bertie
09 January, 2018 21:30
Next to the bikes. (Sm100)

WorcesterSauce
09 January, 2018 21:48
BB i'm well aware that this is/has turned into a one on one debate so i will reply via PM.

MESSAGES->author
Abberley (IP Logged)
10 January, 2018 08:47
Quote:
Brummagem Bertie
That said, it has got plenty of parking compared with similar stadia: over 1,000 on site,

How many of those will survive, and remain available for match-day parking, if/when new owners implement Livingstone's vision for the Hotel & 'other retail opportunities''?

just got into rugby
Big Bird Warrior (IP Logged)
10 January, 2018 13:30
I would imagine planning would only be agreed if enough parking remained - multi storey car park anyone?

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net