rugbyunion
Latest News:
We are The Warriors! The Mighty Worcester Warriors!

This message board is for all things Warriors' and Rugby.
When posting please be aware that posts may be read by youngsters and respect other posters.
Click Here for the Message Board Rules

thatguythere
Coaches
thatguythere (IP Logged)
27 December, 2017 11:10
A lot of the blame for always being in the bottom 2 seems to escape Carl Hogg, he's worked under DR, he was dor himself for a while, then worked under GG and now AS. I personally hope solmans mixes the coaching staff up abit, would be good to refresh the current lot and give solomams a chance to bring people in he likes. And IMO Carl Hogg hasn't done a good job, and I think we need to be a bit more ruthless, how many chances can he get?

Worcester Way
Re: Coaches
Worcester Way (IP Logged)
27 December, 2017 11:21
I think that assessment is harsh. I think we must keep site of how competitive the AP is. Every effort to retain continuity is key to warriors building up a run of momentum and consistency. IMO Solomonís was chosen for his ability to work with the core coaching team in place. So in summary, understand your arguments fully but politely and wholeheartedly disagree. Hogg and Vesty are the future of warriors.

shrewsburyman
shrewsburyman (IP Logged)
27 December, 2017 11:29
He wasnít a great success at Gloucester either and would probably have been moved on if he hadnít come here.

Worcester Way
27 December, 2017 11:38
The negativity towards the coaching staff is not helpful. Warriors play and exciting brand of rugby and have a young coaching team that are learning all the time.

Iíll ask you all just this. Who would you replace them with?

usa warrior
usa warrior (IP Logged)
27 December, 2017 11:38
Not sure he's the future but don't agree that he's been the main issue either. Don't forget that when Carl has had a decent squad to choose from we've played some very good rugby.

Granted he isn't a DOR yet but he was thrust into that role far too early.

thatguythere
thatguythere (IP Logged)
27 December, 2017 11:45
Like pointed out above, was a great success at Gloucester. Our forwards haven't been great in the set piece lately. I think we need a new head coach/forwards coach. Vesty had a very promising future and is doing great things with the backs. Asking who I would have is a stupid question. It wouldn't be my decision so it's irrelevant. But in terms of the personality And style I'd like to see, someone like Sanderson or Ackerman.

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
27 December, 2017 11:47
In these discussions thereís always a point missing.

We have serious recruitment difficulties with both players and coaches, itís all,very well to say we need a world class DoR, Head Coach, 10, or whatever, but the best people , generally, just wonít come.......at any price.

Realism is needed.

I was not keen on Solomons when he arrived, but must recognise a definite step up in performance, overall, since then.

If Hoggie and Sam V are refreshed and reenergised under Solomons, then all should be left in place.

Worcester Way
27 December, 2017 11:48
Quote:
thatguythere
Like pointed out above, was a great success at Gloucester. Our forwards haven't been great in the set piece lately. I think we need a new head coach/forwards coach. Vesty had a very promising future and is doing great things with the backs. Asking who I would have is a stupid question. It wouldn't be my decision so it's irrelevant. But in terms of the personality And style I'd like to see, someone like Sanderson or Ackerman.

Asking who you would have is not a stupid question. Keeping them or replacing them wouldnít be my decision either. However I would stick with them and see how they go for a period of time under Solomonís stable leadership.

Debate is a key and important part of this forum and all opinions are valid and welcome, however when theyíre questioned see the question as an opportunity to grow and diversify your point rather than a personal affront.

FlipFlop
FlipFlop (IP Logged)
27 December, 2017 23:19
Hoggís contract is up in the Summer.

Solomans will have been asked to work with existing resource until then I expect.

MESSAGES->author
slysheep (IP Logged)
28 December, 2017 00:18
I seem to remember Richard Blaze is at a loose end...

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
28 December, 2017 00:21
Quote:
Worcester Way
Quote:
thatguythere

Asking who you would have is not a stupid question. Keeping them or replacing them wouldnít be my decision either. However I would stick with them and see how they go for a period of time under Solomonís stable leadership.

Debate is a key and important part of this forum and all opinions are valid and welcome, however when theyíre questioned see the question as an opportunity to grow and diversify your point rather than a personal affront.

+1

usa warrior
usa warrior (IP Logged)
28 December, 2017 01:04
Quote:
slysheep
I seem to remember Richard Blaze is at a loose end...

Joined the England U20ís setup a few weeks back.

worcestawarrior
worcestawarrior (IP Logged)
28 December, 2017 11:35
I believe that C Hogg is available in the summer so sign him on. Oh forgot he is already here extend then continuity is key. I personally don't think he has had a bed spell less the temporary run as director.

What exactly does a head coach do, there are directors of rugby, forwards coach, back, attack coach, defence coach, kit men ball boys and medical staff easy to pick on one when their seems to be a team effort with regards to non playing staff as well.

having said that we are getting very South African orientated all we need is EG back

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
28 December, 2017 12:02
WW, Iím pretty sure that is now a total deal duck.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net