rugbyunion
Latest News:
Come On You Warriors!

This message board is for all things Warriors' and Rugby.
When posting please be aware that posts may be read by youngsters and respect other posters.
Click Here for the Message Board Rules

gmem
Lance out for 6 weeks
Garym (IP Logged)
27 December, 2017 15:56
according to the press conference. On that basis, we do with him what SA does with Hougarrd with us - send him back, injured (harsh but fair!)

MESSAGES->author
Re: Lance out for 6 weeks
knightstemplar (IP Logged)
27 December, 2017 16:29

usa warrior
usa warrior (IP Logged)
27 December, 2017 16:52
Or it infers we’re keeping him for at least that long. I suspect longer.

22miles
The Third R (IP Logged)
27 December, 2017 17:45
Sounds like we get to keep him then - and of that 6 weeks, only two of them are premiership games, so that's OK.

usa warrior
usa warrior (IP Logged)
27 December, 2017 18:09
Olver is going to need a big game against Sarries. Was always going to be tough however.

Nice to have FH and Mills beside him though.

MESSAGES->author
Faithful_City (IP Logged)
27 December, 2017 19:17
Bath is the bigger game for us.

JP

halfback09
halfback09 (IP Logged)
27 December, 2017 20:20
This is absolutely unbelievable! Such incredible bad luck

usa warrior
usa warrior (IP Logged)
27 December, 2017 21:24
Quote:
Faithful_City
Bath is the bigger game for us.
JP

Certainly the more winnable game.

MESSAGES->author
Faithful_City (IP Logged)
27 December, 2017 21:35
Absolutely and therefore a bigger game.

JP

usa warrior
usa warrior (IP Logged)
27 December, 2017 21:36
At the same time I’d rather we didn’t come unstuck and get hammered at Sarries. It’s also a big game to get right.

usa warrior
usa warrior (IP Logged)
27 December, 2017 21:46
Couple people saying that, now he’s injured, Lance will be going back to Aus and we have a replacement already lined up.

Cue Quade Cooper rumours...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 27/12/2017 23:27 by usa warrior.

halfback09
halfback09 (IP Logged)
27 December, 2017 22:37
Quote:
usa warrior
Couple people saying that, now he’s injured, Lance will be going back to Aus and we have a replacement already lined up.
Queue Quade Cooper rumours...

I can really see how that'd make sense for both parties! He needs to play and he's not got a contract elsewhere

worcestawarrior
worcestawarrior (IP Logged)
28 December, 2017 15:24
Quote:
halfback09
Quote:
usa warrior
Queue Quade Cooper rumours...

I can really see how that'd make sense for both parties! He needs to play and he's not got a contract elsewhere

Who are you on about HB09 Lance has a contract elsewhere and a loan spell with us whilst QC is basically redundant if this artical is anything to go by. QC Link

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 28/12/2017 15:30 by worcestawarrior.

halfback09
halfback09 (IP Logged)
28 December, 2017 16:00
[quote worcestawarrior][quote halfback09][quote usa warrior]Couple people saying that, now he’s injured, Lance will be going back to Aus and we have a replacement already lined up.

Queue Quade Cooper rumours...[/quote]

I can really see how that'd make sense for both parties! He needs to play and he's not got a contract elsewhere[/quote]

Who are you on about HB09 Lance has a contract elsewhere and a loan spell with us whilst QC is basically redundant if this artical is anything to go by.

I should have made that more clear, I was referring to QC. He has no contract in Australia. Even if his future lies elsewhere, right now we would be a great option for him. We need a fly half, he needs to play and if he signed for another prem club for next season it would be good for him to get used to the league. Win win in my eyes

TVM Rides Again....Again
TVM Rides Again (IP Logged)
28 December, 2017 17:25
Quote:
usa warrior
Or it infers we’re keeping him for at least that long. I suspect longer.

It implies, you infer smiling smiley

Sorry smiling smiley

usa warrior
usa warrior (IP Logged)
28 December, 2017 22:19
Really? Are you that bored?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 28/12/2017 22:46 by usa warrior.

usa warrior
usa warrior (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 22:14
Safe to suggest he won’t be back...

“Successfully surprised the parents back in aus but now I can thank @WorcsWarriors for an amazing 3 months. Great opportunity was given and I hope I did #sixways proud ... #coyw #chelts #warriors”

w4rriorz1980
w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 22:20
Quote:
usa warrior
Safe to suggest he won’t be back...
“Successfully surprised the parents back in aus but now I can thank @WorcsWarriors for an amazing 3 months. Great opportunity was given and I hope I did #sixways proud ... #coyw #chelts #warriors”
Chelts?
Did he reside in Cheltenham?

AJWarriors
AJWarriors (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 22:27
Yes he did. I’m hopeful we have a replacement lined up for him considering he was in talks to stay before he injured his hand.

Underdog
Underdog (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 23:25
Best wishes to JL. I really enjoyed watching him play in blue and gold and will keep an eye out for him in future. I'd love to see us sign a ten as good as him in attack.

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 00:19
Quote:
Underdog
Best wishes to JL. I really enjoyed watching him play in blue and gold and will keep an eye out for him in future. I'd love to see us sign a ten as good as him in attack.

Won’t need to if Jamie stays fit.

Brummagem Bertie
Brummagem Bertie (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 00:24
I think we still need to, TT.

Not saying that Jamie isn't the real deal, as I think he could be excellent, but we need two quality 10s and a decent back-up, because it's likely that one will always be injured, due to the nature of the position.

Thanks Jono, and good luck.

Whatever you do, do it safely!

usa warrior
usa warrior (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 09:27
And we’ve still got 4 different competitions to play in. Definitely need a 3rd. Even if just academy.

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 09:46
Agree we need a 3rd gents, but it’s my feeling that we simply can’t attract a full time world class show stopper, and will be better off bringing Jamie through as long as he stays fit of course.

MESSAGES->author
Fiver (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 10:59
I often have to remind my children of the difference between need, and want. Do we need a top 10 to come in? Well, I would have to say yes, we do.

Underdog
Underdog (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 11:19
I think JS is the future for us too, but I'd still like to see us sign an older ten who can take some of the pressure off. It's also not entirely clear where the coaches see Jamie playing as he seems to do well in the outside backs too.

AJWarriors
AJWarriors (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 11:38
I think Jamie is the future too. He just needs to add consistency and prolonged concentration to his game. I think having Jono with him would have helped his game a lot,but I like the fact Jamie will take the ball to the line and go for a gap or try to put someone through it,which suits our attacking game more. Sammy likes to sit back and dictate which isn’t bad but it just becomes more predictable.

With Jono he kept defences guessing and that’s what Jamie does too,but he has the running game and that’s what impressed me yesterday with his try because he stepped Farrell,went around him on the outside and handed off an attempted tackle from Nathan Earle to finish.

I look at Quins with Marcus Smith and see what he’s doing and we have the same with Shilly. My cousin Collin Osborne is the first team coach at Quins and they want an experienced head with Smith to take the heat off him and bring him on...I’d like that here with Shilly too maybe until the end of the season or longer

A38
A38 (IP Logged)
01 January, 2018 15:00
Confirmation from Worcester News:-

[www.worcesternews.co.uk]

Warrior7
Warrior7 (IP Logged)
02 January, 2018 13:11
It's a difficult choice between Olver and Shilly, as I think some may have missed the game on Saturday where when there was a gap Olver to it to the line and sent a couple of players (Denton for his crazy run) clean through with fantastic offloads. Shilly definitely is more physical and is more of a running threat, and Saracens did target Olver on 2 ocassions I think winning a turnover.

MESSAGES->author
Fiver (IP Logged)
02 January, 2018 17:08
I'd still like to see Olver and Shilly have an older, more experienced 10 to learn from. Sending Jono a text message/tweet doesn't really count for much IMHO.

Brummagem Bertie
Brummagem Bertie (IP Logged)
02 January, 2018 20:51
Agree wholeheartedly.

Whatever you do, do it safely!

A38
A38 (IP Logged)
02 January, 2018 21:00
Surely Messrs Vesty and Ross know something about being a No 10? If either of Olver and Shillcock are playing and need a word in the ear during a game then won't Gordon Ross' water bottle be a suitable communication medium?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net