rugbyunion
Latest News:
We are The Warriors! The Mighty Worcester Warriors!

This message board is for all things Warriors' and Rugby.
When posting please be aware that posts may be read by youngsters and respect other posters.
Click Here for the Message Board Rules

A38
Bresler Arrives - confirmed
A38 (IP Logged)
28 December, 2017 09:42
[warriors.co.uk]

"Warriors have completed the signing of lock Anton Bresler from Edinburgh Rugby with immediate effect.

The Namibian-born second row formerly played for the Sharks in South Africa from 2011 to 2014 where he made 42 Super Rugby appearances and 44 matches in the Currie Cup.

Bresler then moved to Scotland in 2014 where he has since made 61 appearances for Edinburgh, helping them to the European Challenge Cup final in 2015.

Standing at 6ft 6ins, the giant 29-year-old joins up with his new teammates this week to provide competition for places in the second row.

Bresler said: “I’m genuinely excited at the prospect of playing Aviva Premiership rugby and can’t wait to get out on the field to show what I can do.

“Having played alongside Nick Schonert before, he told me about how great the atmosphere and facilities were at Sixways and that helped me make my decision in making the move.”

Warriors Director of Rugby Alan Solomons added: “Anton is a big powerful unit who will add physicality and experience to the pack.

“Having worked with him at Edinburgh, Anton is a great character and a team man who will fit in very well at Sixways.”

Rumour machine has been very accurate / well informed to date, it seems.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 28/12/2017 09:44 by A38.

BrumBrum
Re: Bresler Arrives - confirmed
BrumBrum (IP Logged)
28 December, 2017 11:04
From what seen on YouTube, Edinburgh often used him as an impact sub just like we were with CSW. Thus very good replacement.
Expect a few more players to be released by Edinburgh as Cockers not happy with some of his "name/experienced" players performance. With the Soloman connection they could be a quick fix for us.
However need to remember a lot of these under performing name/experienced were brought in by Soloman & they never really clicked with Edinburgh.

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
28 December, 2017 11:12
Quote:
BrumBrum
From what seen on YouTube, Edinburgh often used him as an impact sub just like we were with CSW. Thus very good replacement.
Expect a few more players to be released by Edinburgh as Cockers not happy with some of his "name/experienced" players performance. With the Soloman connection they could be a quick fix for us.
However need to remember a lot of these under performing name/experienced were brought in by Soloman & they never really clicked with Edinburgh.

Careful BB, you’ll get scolded for mis-spelling our DoR’s name, just like I did a few days ago.

SolomOn.

w4rriorz1980
w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
28 December, 2017 11:26
Is that you Bertie? Aka Brum Brum?

Latecomer
Latecomer (IP Logged)
28 December, 2017 12:06
Quote:
BrumBrum

Indeed BB, AS did bring in Bresler to Edinburgh in 2014.
Described him at the time as a 'front of the line' jumper and an 'Enforcer' type of player. Sounds a bit like WS dont you think ??
Hope that's not too ominous, dont want our Will going anywhere !!

By the way BB, I find if you just use initials when speaking of players, coaches and the like, you can't get critiqued for incorrect spelling of their names...........
Unless you've got their names completely wrong !

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
28 December, 2017 12:10
LC, it wasn’t so much a critique as an aide memoir.

And no, W4 1980, Brum Brum is not Bertie.

Malvern Man
Malvern Man (IP Logged)
28 December, 2017 12:26
Interesting to see the emphasis on personality and character.

Latecomer
Latecomer (IP Logged)
28 December, 2017 12:28
Very good TT, certainly wasn't implying that you were one of our resident name spelling critics.

However, have to confess I do get exasperated (silently) with some of the spelling/grammar on this forum - it can't all be blamed on predictive text, can it ?!?!

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
28 December, 2017 15:07
No, predictive text is only one factor.

Mine seems to have finally accepted that my youngest granddaughter is called Isla, not Islamist.

Southstand(again)
Southstand(again) (IP Logged)
28 December, 2017 18:06
Will we be signing his loosehead mate ? (Sm14)

BrumBrum
BrumBrum (IP Logged)
28 December, 2017 22:25
Would be nice, but I am sure he said he would retire with the Sharks.
Don't know his age & tried and failed to spell his name enough to wiki it, but isn't he about 34ish or even older? Seems have been around for years.

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
28 December, 2017 23:03
Here you go,

[en.m.wikipedia.org]

He’s only 32, young enough!

BrumBrum
BrumBrum (IP Logged)
29 December, 2017 00:16
Bloody hell, spring chicken at 32.
He is also smaller & lighter than I imagined.
Coming up for 11 years with one club.
Now that's rare these days.

worcestawarrior
worcestawarrior (IP Logged)
29 December, 2017 03:05
Welcome Anton may the force be with you!

w4rriorz1980
w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
29 December, 2017 11:37
Mixed reviews on the Edinburgh forum.
Some say not a "Cockerill" player,others sad to see him go.
We shall wait and see.

Brummagem Bertie
Brummagem Bertie (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 12:47
Solly seems to like him and the respect seems mutual, so hopefully he will produce the goods on the park.

I remember Dave Denton talking about why he left Bath - he talked the situation through with Todd Blackadder and they agreed that the style of rugby that TB wanted the team to play and the role he wanted Dave Denton, as a back rower, to fulfil, didn't fit as well as it could with DD's strengths and particularly what Scotland would want, affecting his chances of earning an international recall.

It was agreed, therefore, that it made good sense for both club and player for Dave to move on, hence his arrival here.

If Anton is not the type of player that fits Dick's game plan and the style that he wants to play then it is easy to see how he then becomes "not Cockerill's type of player". Doesn't mean he can't do a very good job for us: Solly knows exactly what he is getting and presumably it is what he wants for the way he wants the team to play.

Welcome Anton and looking forward to seeing what you can do in Blue and Gold.

Whatever you do, do it safely!

Brummagem Bertie
Brummagem Bertie (IP Logged)
01 January, 2018 20:25
Yellow carded in the Cavs game - fitting right in already! (Sm100)

Whatever you do, do it safely!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net