rugbyunion
Latest News:
We are The Warriors! The Mighty Worcester Warriors!

This message board is for all things Warriors' and Rugby.
When posting please be aware that posts may be read by youngsters and respect other posters.
Click Here for the Message Board Rules

Hill Warrior
Gary Gold
Hill Warrior (IP Logged)
28 December, 2017 09:58
I want to put on record that I personally think he had done a tremendous job especially in difficult circumstances. He didn't leave us in the sŁ@t like the DOR before and has set in place some good building foundations for the future.
A good honest man
Thanks Gary

neiljk
Re: Gary Gold
neiljk (IP Logged)
28 December, 2017 10:14
Hear hear. Given the relatively short time he has had with us, big impact and conducted himself with integrity throughout.

Wah-RE-or
Wah-RE-or (IP Logged)
28 December, 2017 12:04
+1

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
28 December, 2017 12:10
+2

MESSAGES->author
West Brom Warrior (IP Logged)
28 December, 2017 13:05
+3

Patgadd
Patgadd (IP Logged)
28 December, 2017 13:32
+ 4

just got into rugby
Big Bird Warrior (IP Logged)
28 December, 2017 13:56
For those not on Twitter

Gary Gold
‏
@GaryGoldrugbyiq

Gary Gold Retweeted Lorraine Britt *Lori
I love them also, more so because they know how important giving back means so much to others. Such a great bunch of men. @WorcsWarriors @AcornsHospice

In response to this "The players took some time out earlier this week to deliver presents and make crafts with the children at @AcornsHospice…"

Humps for 1 Mile
Humps for 1 Mile (IP Logged)
28 December, 2017 15:37
+ 5

brianhadley
28 December, 2017 16:17
+ 6

MESSAGES->author
Northstand dolly (IP Logged)
28 December, 2017 16:23
+7

Underdog
Underdog (IP Logged)
28 December, 2017 16:34
Completely agreed. His tactics may not have always suited us but under his leadership we became harder to beat and more professional in attack in my opinion. The team also seem very cohesive and have done for a while, despite off pitch goings on.

Well done and thanks Gary. I'm glad our parting was done with dignity and all parties looked after properly. Best of luck.

MESSAGES->author
Faithful_City (IP Logged)
28 December, 2017 17:59
Spot on!

Forget DR was the man who could move us on - he didn’t.

GG has and I am very grateful for him being our DoR no matter how short.

JP

Sheldon
Sheldon (IP Logged)
28 December, 2017 19:38
+8

FlipFlop
FlipFlop (IP Logged)
28 December, 2017 20:26
Ditto

Will be interesting to see what happens with USA in the near future too and how he can mould them.

centrethere
centrethere (IP Logged)
28 December, 2017 20:55
Gold has done an excellent job, including his succession, which I doubt, if Solomons wasn't now in place we would be getting the results and re-signing which are mostly expected. This is surely in considerable part due to the trust GG built up with players including introducing and allowing Alan Solomons to work with the players. Spot on Gary - the best Warriors DoR to date, and not least for the fantastic positive outlook / vibe he brought.

centrethere
centrethere (IP Logged)
28 December, 2017 21:29
Lest not forget the Gold revolution in February 2017 with the win against Saracens. My overriding memory was Gold behind the South Stand posts putting the players through his tunnel of engagement. That was his way.

w4rriorz1980
w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
29 December, 2017 02:59
+ 9!

worcestawarrior
worcestawarrior (IP Logged)
29 December, 2017 03:03
+ 10

Offa
Offa (IP Logged)
29 December, 2017 07:50
I, like most on here, think very highly of GG.

He was just what we needed, and instrumental in keeping us up last year.

The only comparison to be made with DR is a stark one. The one did, and did it with dignity, the other didn't. I thank DR for bringing back our Accadamy, but that is as far as my gratitude extends.

I like everything about GG, including his willingness to say it as it is. He was always happy to say that we were battling relegation, and admit that the big matches were just that - none of this "it is just another match; we are only looking up the table" hogwash.

Above all I think Underdog puts it well: he has conducted himself with "dignity" and no ego.

Thank you Gary. You will be fondly remembered here. Good luck with USA and you will be welcome when you return to watch your USA players.

MESSAGES->author
drifter (IP Logged)
29 December, 2017 08:22
do we really know why dr left? NO . I would put money on it that it was something very serious indeed. And perhaps all of us that could find employment very easily would have chosen to move on and not stir up a hornets nest

p1umb
p1umb (IP Logged)
29 December, 2017 09:25
Nothing like scratching an old itch is there Drifter? Get over it and move on.

Whispering_Death
Whispering_Death (IP Logged)
29 December, 2017 13:45
Presumably everyone having a pop at DR needs to get over it and move on then.

GoofyWarrior
GoofyWarrior (IP Logged)
29 December, 2017 14:11
Odd, thought this thread was about GG...whom I also believe did a great job of work for us.

Thanks you Gary, and good luck for the future in all areas of your life.

Offa
Offa (IP Logged)
29 December, 2017 18:19
Agreed. But the two are linked. GG worked a minor miracle pulling us out of a whole pile of poop. I for one will be forever grateful.

p1umb
p1umb (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 10:08
WD, yes it's ancient history now.

Southstand(again)
Southstand(again) (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 11:28
Disagree plumb,

Totally relevant to the situation we found ourselves in when Gary joined us and totally relevant to to the behaviour of an owner, and DOR who, arguably, contributed to destabilising the Club.

Gary Gold was the "right man at the right time" in that the playing squad and us fans bought into his honesty and likability. His "Back to basics' strategy of minimum risk, territorial Rugby was exactly what was needed to avoid the drop.

Gary succeeded, in spite of everything going on in the background and I wholeheartedly thank him for doing the job he did and wish him well for the future.

That doesn't stop me being blyddy angry at the decisions and mis-management that could very well have destroyed our club.

Yes, I still have an itch.

centrethere
centrethere (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 12:48
Don't want to let the truth get the way of a good story, but didn't Dean Ryan take us down and then when we returned, we were struggling to the extent that his reputation and job were riding on him conjouring some wins from bringing a too expensive standoff that the board said no to, and he was offered / found another job.

MESSAGES->author
Faithful_City (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 14:43
Some numbers for you

http://www.sixwaysrugby.co.uk/Images/2017-18/Stats/CopnDors.jpg

Solomons has had a pretty good start

JP

Brummagem Bertie
Brummagem Bertie (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 14:57
Thanks JP. What's interesting about those stats is that Hoggy's record isn't that bad compared to Gold's especially considering he didn't have Hougaard and lost his captain during the first game of the season.

Whatever you do, do it safely!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net