rugbyunion
Latest News:
We are The Warriors! The Mighty Worcester Warriors!

This message board is for all things Warriors' and Rugby.
When posting please be aware that posts may be read by youngsters and respect other posters.
Click Here for the Message Board Rules

BantamWarrior
Should we accept casual dismissal?
BantamWarrior (IP Logged)
29 December, 2017 13:27
In today's Times Stuart Barnes casually dismisses the Warriors when talking about Saracen's recovery from their loosing streak.

"They have a home game against 11th placed Worcester Warriors tomorrow. Nobody expects them to lose. Two consecutive wins: crisis over."

Maybe it's the festive spirit talking, but I'm not sure he's right. Sarries are good, but they are having a wobble and I suspect that they may do exactly what we did against Sharks; i.e. breath a sigh of relief after winning a good game and then go out and play at 90% against a team they believe they should beat.

Conversely, we've had our kick up the backside (v Sharks); we've got players who want to impress Solomons; we've broken our away hoodoo; we've got a bit of momentum; and we've nothing to lose.

I'm off to put my money where my mouth is and slip a crafty fiver on us at 18/1

Highbury Saracen
Re: Should we accept casual dismissal?
Highbury Saracen (IP Logged)
29 December, 2017 13:33
Even in the games weíve lost recently,we never underestimate the oppo,Barnes talking out of his a**e as usual!
Looking forward to tomorrows game safe journey to all who are travelling down ):

European champions 2016 & 2017

Whispering_Death
Whispering_Death (IP Logged)
29 December, 2017 13:42
Barnes is a waste of space. We will give them a game tomorrow as long as Olver is solid enough and our scrum holds up.

OverTheBoarder
OverTheBorder (IP Logged)
29 December, 2017 13:54
Thanks HS.

Can you advise on the best place to park down there. With the family so looking for the closet spot if you can help?

Highbury Saracen
Highbury Saracen (IP Logged)
29 December, 2017 14:12
Near Mill Hill Broadway station
Look at respective parking signs but I know there is free parking in that area
You can then catch free shuttle buses to ground from near to station

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 29/12/2017 14:16 by Highbury Saracen.

OverTheBoarder
OverTheBorder (IP Logged)
29 December, 2017 14:17
Many thanks HS Iíll give it a go.

(Sm128)

BrumBrum
BrumBrum (IP Logged)
29 December, 2017 15:33
It's a strong Sarries team & not the strongest we have fielded.
Thus not expecting anything and would not be surprised if we get a bit of a drubbing.
For me the Bath game is more important and winnable.

ROLLO on tour
ROLLO (IP Logged)
29 December, 2017 16:27
Barnes who is a big pal of Richard Hill is not one of my favourite rugby "experts" but realistically he has a valid point. Without Schonert, Spencer and Lance we are very much weakened and Sarries have returning players.
A LBP would be a great result but perhaps we should be looking at the performance to see how we are progressing and where that could take us.

Abmatt
Abmatt (IP Logged)
29 December, 2017 16:49
Sarries are one of the best teams in Europe.

If we lose I am not too fussed, but as Iíve said before for me itís the manner in which we do it that Iím interested in. Iíd rather we went down with a fight, competing and trying to play. Not capitulating, conceding needless penalties with a smattering of cards thrown in.

dkexile
dkexile (IP Logged)
29 December, 2017 17:56
Quote:
Abmatt
Sarries are one of the best teams in Europe.
If we lose I am not too fussed, but as Iíve said before for me itís the manner in which we do it that Iím interested in. Iíd rather we went down with a fight, competing and trying to play. Not capitulating, conceding needless penalties with a smattering of cards thrown in.

I agree with this.

I don't think there is anything wrong with what Barnes said, if we win it will be a huge upset.

FlipFlop
FlipFlop (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 07:54
Thereís only one way to counter casual dismissal- beat teams expectantly. Maybe starting today, but certainly next week against Bath given the recipe dismissing us in this article.

BantamWarrior
30 December, 2017 12:48
The Mr Logic in me tends to agree with the comments above, but the eternal optimist in me says this is the start of a resurgent Warriors. I've upped the crafty fiver to a sneaky tenner on the Warriors. Fingers crossed and best wishes to all the travelling fans and home supporters.

FlipFlop
FlipFlop (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 13:47
BW,

From a supporter perspective, hope a result for Warriors comes off, and from a wager perspective, good luck if it comes home too.

BantamWarrior
31 December, 2017 07:55
Better stick with logic next time - never mind, it was a valiant performance.

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 09:49
BW, re. the wager, have you ever met a poor bookmaker?

MESSAGES->author
Fiver (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 10:56
Quote:
TeflonTed

Apparently my great great uncles used to like going to Romford Dogs many moons ago (doesn't exist anymore). They wrote down all of their bets and at the end of each year totted it all up. They lost 20% every year, give or take. So, they decided to set up as bookies instead. Guess what, they made 20% every year, give or take. Hence the phrase back then, "you never see a bookie on a bike". They bought themselves a car.

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 14:39
Quote:
Fiver
Quote:
TeflonTed

Apparently my great great uncles used to like going to Romford Dogs many moons ago (doesn't exist anymore). They wrote down all of their bets and at the end of each year totted it all up. They lost 20% every year, give or take. So, they decided to set up as bookies instead. Guess what, they made 20% every year, give or take. Hence the phrase back then, "you never see a bookie on a bike". They bought themselves a car.

Yep, which is why I never bet for money.

I learned young, my dadís best pal had 3 bookies shops, and told many a tale about the financial state of most of his best customers.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net