rugbyunion
Latest News:
Come On You Warriors!

This message board is for all things Warriors' and Rugby.
When posting please be aware that posts may be read by youngsters and respect other posters.
Click Here for the Message Board Rules

MESSAGES->author
Teo is in the England training camp
Faithful_City (IP Logged)
29 December, 2017 17:01
For the new year in prep for the 6 Nations.

JP

FlipFlop
Re: Teo is in the England training camp
FlipFlop (IP Logged)
29 December, 2017 18:02
Not sure what this says to any other potential England Centre when youre not getting a look in versus a chap that although previously selected, hasnt played for 6 weeks and unlikely to for another 6?

That said, I did suggest that Uncle Ed would still call him up, so shouldnt be surprised.

Abmatt
Abmatt (IP Logged)
29 December, 2017 18:22
Doubt hell be in the 6 nations squad though

woodywuss
woodywuss (IP Logged)
29 December, 2017 19:20
Suppose EJ is keeping him involved. You would hope he would tell him to get games under his belt at his club and be selected for the Summer tour on the strength of his performances.

Abmatt
Abmatt (IP Logged)
29 December, 2017 20:00
Slightly O/T. Is there any current top 6 team that he could slot into and displace a current player?

I dont think there is. There is a lot of quality players in his position who are already established at club level, thus I think he might be better placed staying with us.

centrethere
centrethere (IP Logged)
29 December, 2017 20:07
I expect he will be glad of the change in atmosphere, after being injured (and still is). Good for us that he being kept busy mentally at least

misunderstood
misunderstood (IP Logged)
29 December, 2017 21:53
Good to see the T'eo fans are alive and kicking, never seen so much bad press for a current player, who is injured at present. Some posts on warriors forums suggested he was feigning it to save himself for the autumn internationals.
Must really help with good players coming to this club............

Always misunderstood

TVM Rides Again....Again
TVM Rides Again (IP Logged)
29 December, 2017 21:55
Quote:
misunderstood
Some posts on warriors forums suggested he was feigning it to save himself for the autumn internationals.

Aye.

Always makes me think of

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Music/WeirdAlYankovic

Abmatt
Abmatt (IP Logged)
29 December, 2017 23:35
Quote:
misunderstood
Good to see the T'eo fans are alive and kicking, never seen so much bad press for a current player, who is injured at present. Some posts on warriors forums suggested he was feigning it to save himself for the autumn internationals.

And how exactly has he endeared himself to the fans?

He slagged the club off right before a crucial championship game, had spent most of his time injured or away in international duty and hasnt really engaged with the fan base.

He is a bit of an anomaly. We see him on tv for England/lions but rarely for warriors. Seems to good for everyone else other than his employer.

FlipFlop
FlipFlop (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 07:22
Agreed Abmatt. Just as I am apparently blinkered to his good there are others who will carry him on their shoulders irrespective of whether he plays or not. Luxury car currently knackered in the garage but EJ will always try and give him a Sunday run out.

BrumBrum
BrumBrum (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 09:34
Think Misunderstood makes a very good point.
Many seem to dream about having an England player, now we have one we moan.
Is it not a wonder that those players with England aspirations move?

It's not Te'o's fault he is injuried & claiming a professional player is feigning an injury must be the ultimate insult to a player especially in this age of constant injuries.
As for slagging the club off, in hindsight his comments appeared to get things moving & it was a bloody mess.

I'm not his biggest fan, but think some may have been a touch unfair.
He is a great player, who makes things happen, we just have not seen that yet in a Warriors shirt. We should not resent him for it or get bitter.

NW2
NW2 (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 10:11
Quote:
BrumBrum
He is a great player, who makes things happen, we just have not seen that yet in a Warriors shirt. We should not resent him for it or get bitter.

And there's the rub BB, he hasn't done it for Warriors yet, and until he does he can't expect to get the same accolades from us, as he does for England.
Right now I wouldn't swap him for Olivier, Mills, or Willison, although it would be good to get him back as cover.
However, in reality I think he will be off at the first opportunity.

Eternal optimist
Eternal optimist (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 10:13
Spot on B.B. you cant criticise a player for injury or international aspirations. He hasnt played that well for us either but is that down to him, or the wa6 we use him.
If I were to have any negativity with him then i5 would be for his lack of off field involvement. Never appears in any of the charity stuff or the kids sessions etc which is a disappointment as others seem to openly embrace this side of the job. I know its not everybodys cup of tea but it does show empathy with the club.

ROLLO on tour
ROLLO (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 11:19
Teo is in the club but not of it.
Eternal optimist is spot on with the off field committent, I have yet to see him at Sixways when he is not playing ( maybe other posters can say that they have?) or at a Cav's game. It is this disengagement added to his lack of game time and mind blowing salary that entice supporters to expect more.
BrumBrum you are kidding yourself if you think that his untimely comments before the Bristol game got things moving , it was the Glos game that did that.

BrumBrum
BrumBrum (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 18:31
Rollo, just curious what players are "in the club & of it"?
And who in the squad is not?

FlipFlop
FlipFlop (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 19:45
BB, if he does the job for us first as his main employer and the mechanism for him to be in EJs thoughts then I doubt anyone, me included would give a brass razoo about him pulling on the England shirt. However although the stats folk on here can point me to him playing more for us than England and Lions, it is still a marginal difference. Given there are 22 games a season, Euro games and circa 12 for England, it shouldn't be that marginal imo.

We rarely get to see his full value.

MESSAGES->author
West Brom Warrior (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 20:00
Quote:
misunderstood

To be honest it has taken me a few days to bother reading this thread as I knew the moaners about Teo would be out in force

BrumBrum
BrumBrum (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 20:56
FlipFolp,
have a read of my post. It states 'I'm currently not a fan of Te'o'.
The reasons the same as most, he hasn't produced the goods .... yet.
Just don't like some comments about faking injuries, not giving a damn for the club etc. They are pretty personal, brutal & just not right.

FlipFlop
FlipFlop (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 21:11
BrumBrum,

Faking injury? Dont recall stating BT fakes injury.

BrumBrum
BrumBrum (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 21:33
Sorry wasn't meaning anyone in particular & certainly not you or for that matter Rollo.
Also it should have read feigning not faking.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net