rugbyunion
Latest News:
We are The Warriors! The Mighty Worcester Warriors!

This message board is for all things Warriors' and Rugby.
When posting please be aware that posts may be read by youngsters and respect other posters.
Click Here for the Message Board Rules

w4rriorz1980
Supporters Coach
w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
30 December, 2017 22:06
I'd just like to say a big thank you to our new signing Anton Bressler for introducing himself after the Sarries game and to Donncha for also taking the time out to come on the coach and giving thanks to us for travelling down to Allianz Park to support them.
Top blokes!
Good luck in your A-League match at Saints tomorrow Anton.

FlipFlop
Re: Supporters Coach
FlipFlop (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 08:42
Fair play to both of them for this small, but meaningful gesture to travelling fans.

silver warrior
silver warrior (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 09:45
Ryan Bower and Jackson also popped on :-)

w4rriorz1980
w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 10:19
Quote:
silver warrior
Ryan Bower and Jackson also popped on :-)
I missed those two!

Touchliner
Touchliner (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 10:21
For me this post provoked a wave of nostalgia bringing back memories of "the old days" before and maybe for a while just after reaching the Premiership when Worcester players and coaches could regularly be encountered in and around the club bar post match.

I appreciate that for many reasons this is not going to be a routine occurrence in the modern day but the impression that the players may have started to recognise and seek out reasonable opportunities to interact with the fans rather than just heading for the door at the end of the match brings back a good feeling that has for me been sadly missed in recent years.

OK we have had "Meet the players" evenings but while positive these are more of a "duty" call than the kind of spontaneous occurrence that appears to have taken place yesterday.

Although I was not there I would like to thank the players involved for a gesture that cost nothing but had huge value.

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
31 December, 2017 17:55
Ah the good old days.

A fond memory of sitting pitchside at Rugby chatting to Werner Swanepoel (injured) and Chris Garrard (just been substituted), and laughing with them as Craig Gillies scored a try from somewhere in our own half and making it in about 10 strides. And no-one looked more surprised than him.

Happy New Year to all.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net