rugbyunion
Latest News:
We are The Warriors! The Mighty Worcester Warriors!

This message board is for all things Warriors' and Rugby.
When posting please be aware that posts may be read by youngsters and respect other posters.
Click Here for the Message Board Rules

MESSAGES->author
Mills extends contract
drifter (IP Logged)
03 January, 2018 12:59
on offy

Devonianwarrior
Re: Mills extends contract
Devonianwarrior (IP Logged)
03 January, 2018 13:01
Fantastic news.

dudleywarrior88
dudleywarrior88 (IP Logged)
03 January, 2018 13:03
[www.bbc.co.uk]

Stringer is off

Warr-i-ors!
Warr-i-ors! (IP Logged)
03 January, 2018 13:03
Excellent.

Warriordad
Warriordad (IP Logged)
03 January, 2018 13:08
That is a huge step in the right direction smiling smiley

MESSAGES->author
Faithful_City (IP Logged)
03 January, 2018 13:08
****** ABSOLUTELY BLOOMIN MARVELLOUS!!! ******

MSR-Worcester
MSR-Worcester (IP Logged)
03 January, 2018 13:13
Excellent news! He has been one of our best players this year and a huge part of our change in form.

MESSAGES->author
Powick Eastander (IP Logged)
03 January, 2018 13:13
Love this news.... He is so integral to our current run of form..

http://v4admin.sportnetwork.net/upload/130/130_0_1418121803.jpg Warriors Rugby Supporters Club http://v4admin.sportnetwork.net/upload/130/130_0_1418121803.jpg

Abmatt
Abmatt (IP Logged)
03 January, 2018 13:15
More news to come hopefully regarding signings

MESSAGES->author
03 January, 2018 13:17

Patgadd
Patgadd (IP Logged)
03 January, 2018 13:20
Wonderful news

Whispering_Death
Whispering_Death (IP Logged)
03 January, 2018 13:20
Brilliant news, Im not sure there are many better 12s in the prem at the moment in terms of all round game and his leadership. Captain next year.

Whispering_Death
03 January, 2018 13:25
Interesting he also alludes (like Lewis did I think) to being loyal to the club who has supported him. Now for Spencer please...

MESSAGES->author
West Brom Warrior (IP Logged)
03 January, 2018 13:31
Ace news

A38
A38 (IP Logged)
03 January, 2018 13:35
Key point for me is "long term contract". Never quite sure what that means in the rugby world these days but assume 3 years? If I remember correctly Mills only signed a one year contract last year and therefore this is quite a statement of intent.

However as he says, there is a need to keep the core of players and coaches together if aspirations of moving up the table are to be realised.

[www.worcesternews.co.uk]

Blue&GoldWarrior
Blue&GoldWarrior (IP Logged)
03 January, 2018 13:58
Great news, turned into a key player and IMO more important to us at the mo than Hougaard.
Really feels like we have turned a corner on the rugby side, players happy, playing well and clear direction from a DOR.

From what I understand Millsy is a key play in the dressing room so hopefully it will help to persuade other players to stay.

With all this positivity surely a Local multi-millionaire will buy the club to secure its future (Sm100)

AJWarriors
AJWarriors (IP Logged)
03 January, 2018 14:20
Brilliant news! If he stays injury free and on current form it wont be too long before hes in the England squad as a ball playing 12. In my opinion hes the best inside centre in the country at the moment and has all the skill and physical attributes to be an international player.

As for us he has to be next seasons captain. Right age,consistently plays very well and has shown commitment to the club

halfback09
halfback09 (IP Logged)
03 January, 2018 14:36
The question with England is, will the axis of Farrell and mills be better than ford and Farrell.

Suffolk-Warrior
Suffolk-Warrior (IP Logged)
03 January, 2018 14:42
Great news and in my mind Ryan is a "shoe in" for Captain next season. Lets hope other key individuals such as Jackson and Will follow the lead of Sam & Ryan and commit themselves to Warriors shortly.

GoofyWarrior
GoofyWarrior (IP Logged)
03 January, 2018 15:16
Mills has been inspirational on the field this year, so this is really excellent news (Sm42)
And if what is being said about his off-field rile is coirrect, then it also bodes very well for other potential re-signings.

@Halfback09 - I honestly think that Farrell/Mills at 10 & 12 would be a better combo than Ford/Farrell for England,cdespite the fact that RM is currently uncapped.

However, the only person's view that really currently matters is Eddie Jones...thankfully, he has proven himself to be very "decisive" and willing to back in-form players over those we might consider the established players in their position. I think RM therefore has a great chance for England selection....I just hope it comes after he has helped us secure an even larger gap to Oirish !

AJWarriors
AJWarriors (IP Logged)
03 January, 2018 15:19
Quote:
halfback09
The question with England is, will the axis of Farrell and mills be better than ford and Farrell.

Im not saying he will start,but he should be in the squad

MSR-Worcester
MSR-Worcester (IP Logged)
03 January, 2018 15:32
Quote:
AJWarriors
Quote:
halfback09

Certainly in better form than Piers Francis who seems to make the squad no matter how badly he plays!

halfback09
halfback09 (IP Logged)
03 January, 2018 15:41
Quote:
AJWarriors
Quote:
halfback09

In that case when fit he'll have to displace teo who we know is highly regarded as an impact player for England. The way he's been playing I believe he can start but as stated above it's up to EJ to make that call

MESSAGES->author
03 January, 2018 15:49
Teo is a 13, Mills is a 12.

I feel for us that would be dynamite.

JP

AJWarriors
AJWarriors (IP Logged)
03 January, 2018 15:52
Quote:
halfback09
Quote:
AJWarriors
Quote:
halfback09

In that case when fit he'll have to displace teo who we know is highly regarded as an impact player for England. The way he's been playing I believe he can start but as stated above it's up to EJ to make that call

Teo can also play 13 and as MSR said hes better than Piers Francis who covers 10/12 which Millsy can do too

Warrior7
Warrior7 (IP Logged)
03 January, 2018 15:54
@GoofyWarrior

Not sure we share the same opinion of Jones, for me he picks far too many average players/players on reputation, not form.

Youngs, Ford, Te'o, Francis, Haskell, Brown, Cole etc.

Are either of Charlie Ewels/Nick Isiekwe better than Will Spencer/Jonny Hill?

Are either of Denny Solomona and Nathan Earle anywhere near as good as Alex Lewington?

He's included Newcastle's Gary Graham so he doesn't play for Scotland, but keeps leaving out Don Armand who is probably the best forward in the country IMO.

Also what will Dan Robson ever need to do to get in? He's been the best 9 in the country for multiple seasons.

AJWarriors
AJWarriors (IP Logged)
03 January, 2018 15:56
Quote:
Faithful_City

JP

Mouthwatering backline once everyone is fit to play. Hopefully Jono comes back and then that backline would be amazing. Teo is back in the next couple of weeks.

9. Francois
10. Jono (if he comes back)
11. Adams
12. Millsy
13. Teo
14. Heem
15. Pens

That backline is one of the best in the Prem. Millsy re-signing is a massive plus for us going into next year. Shame Jono has signed with the Rebels

Warrior7
Warrior7 (IP Logged)
03 January, 2018 15:56
Would also agree 12. Mills and 13. Teo would be a centre partnership to trouble most teams. Didn't Mills and Farrell play together in the same Eng U20s team? I think Mills might have even kept Farrell out of the team at somepoint playing at 10.

halfback09
halfback09 (IP Logged)
03 January, 2018 15:57
Quote:
AJWarriors
Quote:
halfback09
Quote:
AJWarriors
Quote:
halfback09

Teo can also play 13 and as MSR said hes better than Piers Francis who covers 10/12 which Millsy can do too

He can but I believe he stated that he prefers to play 12, also im not sure how many of his England appearances came at13. Millsy is certainly playing much better than piers Francis is but I can't comment on Francis' potential. If picked on form RM should definitely be in the squad ahead of him

AJWarriors
AJWarriors (IP Logged)
03 January, 2018 16:01
Quote:
Warrior7
Would also agree 12. Mills and 13. Teo would be a centre partnership to trouble most teams. Didn't Mills and Farrell play together in the same Eng U20s team? I think Mills might have even kept Farrell out of the team at somepoint playing at 10.

You very correct Warriors7 they both played in the same U20 squad as Shorty and Kevesic when he was here.

I agree with your post on Eddie Jones picking players too. Will Spencer is at least better than Ewels thats for sure. Offers more physically and would certainly add to Englands outstanding pack as it is already.

Blue&GoldWarrior
Blue&GoldWarrior (IP Logged)
03 January, 2018 16:22
Quote:
AJWarriors
Quote:
Faithful_City

JP

Mouthwatering backline once everyone is fit to play. Hopefully Jono comes back and then that backline would be amazing. Teo is back in the next couple of weeks.

9. Francois
10. Jono (if he comes back)
11. Adams
12. Millsy
13. Teo
14. Heem
15. Pens

That backline is one of the best in the Prem. Millsy re-signing is a massive plus for us going into next year. Shame Jono has signed with the Rebels

Would you have Te'o in over Willison atm though? Just a question.

We never seem to see the England or Lions Te'o or the one that played at Leinster. I always feel he's a player that need to play in a top team, he doesn't drag a team along like FH or RM.

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
03 January, 2018 16:23
Anyone else see Eddie defending Naughty Dylan on the telly earlier? Basically saying it doesnt matter how poorly hes playing for Saints, he knows what to do in the England shirt.

Once Eddie's made his mind up, its made up. Ill bet Jamie George is delighted.

And Warrior 7, Graham isnt tied until hes capped, and I dont think EJ can afford to be so petty as to pick him just to deny Scotland.

FlipFlop
FlipFlop (IP Logged)
03 January, 2018 16:49
Great news about Mills.

Agree Captaincy would be good or at least Club Captain.

England aspirations are good, but club first and International stuff to follow and not the other way around.

Yes, pieces of silver will have been exchanged, but it is nice to see a player who actually thinks and believes we are worth being loyal too, as he knows he's had his injury lay offs since arriving from Glaws.

Gone up another notch in my opinion in line with Lewis.

AJWarriors
AJWarriors (IP Logged)
03 January, 2018 16:59
Cant really say. Bennie hasnt played but think of it like this. Hes an international and a Lion and you dont become a player like that for no reason,without being disrespectful to Jacko either as hes a class player too,but in the 13 channel Teo would be devastating.

Also Bennie always played in a below strength team when we were going through that injury nightmare and always on the back foot. We have only just started playing our near full strength team for the last few months,which he has yet to play in. I think if he was to play in a team on the front foot which we now are then youd see a completely different Teo who would add even more to our already potent attack

*this post was a reply to Blue and Golds question by the way

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/01/2018 17:00 by AJWarriors.

Whispering_Death
03 January, 2018 17:07
On the front foot with Millss distribution and the threat of Heem and Adams outside of him, we would then see just how good Teo can be. He can then help keep us up before he moves on to Bath next year.

woodywuss
woodywuss (IP Logged)
03 January, 2018 17:23
Brilliant news. Ryan is wonderful player to watch. One of a small group that always seem to have time to execute things. Outstanding vision and a desire to try things and keep the opposition guessing. Hopefully this is a catalyst for more positive announcements by the club.

MESSAGES->author
Fiver (IP Logged)
03 January, 2018 18:30
Fantastic news and much needed.

I just wonder how influential Dave Denton has been in persuading players to sign extensions.

Underdog
Underdog (IP Logged)
03 January, 2018 18:42
Superb news. One of our best players and someone who should be in the England squad. He's got exactly the sort of temperament we need in that you'd hate to have him angry at you.

Good to have a bit of feel good around the club at the moment!

Warrior7
Warrior7 (IP Logged)
03 January, 2018 19:03
I agree on that Fiver, Denton has been very active in interviews etc recently and is playing his best rugby for a long time.

Mills is probably the favourite for captain next year, but Denton (and VV if he re-signs(?)) both provide further options along with Sam Lewis who is pretty much undroppable.

AJWarriors
AJWarriors (IP Logged)
03 January, 2018 19:16
I think Will Spencer would be a great captain or leader too. Consistently plays well and is an intelligent players. We are starting to put together a good crop of leaders in the team

Leaders in the Backs

Millsy
Francois
Pens
Jono (if he comes back)

Leaders in the forwards

GJ
Denton
Spencer
Lewis
Schonert

NW2
NW2 (IP Logged)
03 January, 2018 20:41
Fantastic news, hopefully followed by more re-signings very shortly.
As far as Eddie Jones is concerned, for me he can do no wrong.
After the shambles at the last World Cup, I don't care who he picks as long as he keeps getting the results - and there's no question that he's done that.
If any of us truly could pick a better team, surely we would be doing his job?

centrethere
centrethere (IP Logged)
03 January, 2018 22:18
Nice one Ryan

Terrywb
Terrywb (IP Logged)
03 January, 2018 22:36
Fantastic news and hopefully this will encourage and facilitate other players to follow.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net