rugbyunion
Latest News:
Come On You Warriors!

This message board is for all things Warriors' and Rugby.
When posting please be aware that posts may be read by youngsters and respect other posters.
Click Here for the Message Board Rules

usa warrior
Hogg's Future
usa warrior (IP Logged)
11 January, 2018 07:33
[www.worcesternews.co.uk]

To be revealed within the next few weeks. Any guesses??

dkexile
Re: Hogg's Future
dkexile (IP Logged)
11 January, 2018 08:13
He'll stay or he'll go, one of the two I reckon.

ROLLO on tour
ROLLO (IP Logged)
11 January, 2018 08:20
If you wan continuity he will stay. Is he right for the job, for me the jury is out , what has his 5 year achieved?

usa warrior
usa warrior (IP Logged)
11 January, 2018 08:24
If he does go I can't help but feel sorry for him. Hasn't exactly been the easiest of tenures for the guy.

Very rarely had an consistency of DOR or players. Could argue he's done well in the circumstances.

MESSAGES->author
knightstemplar (IP Logged)
11 January, 2018 09:08
Depends if the SRU has any involvement

FlipFlop
FlipFlop (IP Logged)
11 January, 2018 09:33
I'm guessing he'll leave and wouldn't be surprised to see him team up at HQ with Dean and his 'Project'.

MESSAGES->author
drifter (IP Logged)
11 January, 2018 09:35
well at the very least he has been loyal and you cannot ask for more than that.

jgmorgan100
The Mailman (IP Logged)
11 January, 2018 10:37
Sounds like he's off to me. Has something sorted but can't / doesn't want to announce it officially yet. Of course I could be completely wrong.

MESSAGES->author
West Brom Warrior (IP Logged)
11 January, 2018 10:42
Must be honest I am not fussed either way if he stays or leaves. Nothing much has changed in his time here in terms of results

w4rriorz1980
w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
11 January, 2018 10:53
Quote:
dkexile
He'll stay or he'll go, one of the two I reckon.
Wow! What are Saturdays lottery numbers? ;-)

brianhadley
11 January, 2018 12:25
I think he will go end of season. Sam to move up to Head Coach then DOR when Solomons contract ends?

Southstand(again)
Southstand(again) (IP Logged)
11 January, 2018 13:02
Quote:
ROLLO
If you wan continuity he will stay. Is he right for the job, for me the jury is out , what has his 5 year achieved?

I would have thought the last thing we wanted was "Continuity" ?

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
11 January, 2018 13:48
That’s a fair point SS, we do bemoan the lack of continuity, but do we want continuous mediocrity?

And calling our performance overall for the last decade mediocre is probably being kind.

woodywuss
woodywuss (IP Logged)
11 January, 2018 15:00
Job with Dean Ryan running his secret young player leadership camps, out of the RFU. Just a thought ?

centrethere
centrethere (IP Logged)
11 January, 2018 19:54
Hogg moving on and Vesty as head coach is a fair prediction, otherwise expect Sam V. to go

MESSAGES->author
knightstemplar (IP Logged)
11 January, 2018 21:15
In my limited knowledge Hogg was brought in by DR who left, who could, as suggested, see this current situation becoming reality, He must have known the ambitions and investment thoughts of the current owners. The rugby v Warriors village balance. The spending on playing staff and all.

Hogg has been loyal during that time. Premiership rugby is a hobby, like Cecil in his era, its not an investment to make money as Greg Allen has now found out. Its also obviously not easy to offload either when you realise that. Money men want a return. Its like flushing money down the toilet unless you have many millions/billions.

The future of Warriors is in the balance on many levels depending on who it is sold to and what their remit is with it, long term hobby or asset stripping or use as raising future funds on freeholds, and then future plans from there.

If the relegation battle continues through the current business model and a lack of hobbyist funding ( which looks ominous) who can blame Hogg if he gets the right offer to move on?

Its all down to who the new owners are (it may be just investment with the freehold retained) and their ambitions.

Very tricky times ahead on ownership, recruitment and funding as suggested.

WorcesterSauce
WorcesterSauce (IP Logged)
11 January, 2018 21:38
I like Hogg and think he's actually done an ok job for us in very difficult circumstances. One of those where, if we are chosing to let him go id understand but at the same time feel for him.

Peter
littlecolonel (IP Logged)
25 January, 2018 18:27
My bet is we see a full suite of South African coaches

usa warrior
usa warrior (IP Logged)
25 January, 2018 20:16
Anyone in particular? That would mean all of the current setup leaving.

At Edinburgh AS had: Duncan Hodge (Scottish), Stevie Scott (Scottish), and Peter Wilkins (English).

Doesn't seem to much mind having a diverse group.

worcestawarrior
worcestawarrior (IP Logged)
26 January, 2018 09:21
Hoggs Future I believe lies in the hands of the new owners. WN stated that my future will become clear in the next couple of weeks, that was on the 11th. I suggest that he thought the whole takeover etc would have been sorted by then.

Re Takeover
Although kept in the dark i'd like to believe that no news is good news. with only two biding for ownership it might have been a done deal, now that someone else has thrown their hat in, its all about a the best deal for the club and I have faith in Greg. well if not him his dad who has rugby flowing through his veins.

usa warrior
usa warrior (IP Logged)
26 January, 2018 09:51
That's really all we can do, just believe what we're told by BB that Greg is trying to broker the right deal for the clubs sustainability long term.

Interesting that you link Hogg's future to the sale. Honestly don't think the sale will be sorted within the next few weeks - expect it to draw out for a lot longer.

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
26 January, 2018 09:54
Just chatting with a non-forum (but long suffering Wuss supporter) friend about topics under discussion here.

When I said “Hogg’s Future” he said, “short conversation that one then”.

dkexile
dkexile (IP Logged)
26 January, 2018 13:06
Quote:
TeflonTed
Just chatting with a non-forum (but long suffering Wuss supporter) friend about topics under discussion here.
When I said “Hogg’s Future” he said, “short conversation that one then”.

Based on something he knows or because he doesn't rate him?

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
26 January, 2018 13:37
I think he’s truly amazed that Hogg is still in place given results over the last few years.

dkexile
dkexile (IP Logged)
26 January, 2018 15:41
I really can't decide when it comes to our coaches, part of me feels we should do better and new coaches might achieve that but an equal part thinks that with the players we've signed we're achieving as much as we should, especially considering the injuries we've had.

I definitely think we've had worse coaches.

FlipFlop
FlipFlop (IP Logged)
26 January, 2018 16:00
I think Hogg’s future is now done following Euro Chall Cup exit.

I think he’ll move on.

Latecomer
Latecomer (IP Logged)
26 January, 2018 18:30
Quote:
FlipFlop
I think Hogg’s future is now done following Euro Chall Cup exit.
I think he’ll move on.

Odds on Sam Vesty to step up anyone ??

Warrior7
Warrior7 (IP Logged)
26 January, 2018 19:52
I'm in two minds about Hogg, but we should definitely keep Vesty and Mefin if we can.

worcestawarrior
26 January, 2018 19:59
What actually does a coach do and how much responsibility lies with them as opposed to a director of rugby

worcestawarrior
26 January, 2018 20:35
Quote:
usa warrior
That's really all we can do, just believe what we're told by BB that Greg is trying to broker the right deal for the clubs sustainability long term.
Interesting that you link Hogg's future to the sale. Honestly don't think the sale will be sorted within the next few weeks - expect it to draw out for a lot longer.
Sorry USA something lost in translation the WN on the 11th said Hggs future would be clear in the next two weeks we'll that time has passed

worcestawarrior
26 January, 2018 20:35
Quote:
usa warrior
Sorry USA something lost in translation the WN on the 11th said Hggs future would be clear in the next two weeks we'll that time has passed

usa warrior
usa warrior (IP Logged)
26 January, 2018 21:39
Understood, but my point was just that. Hogs future cannot be linked to the sale if announced soon.

Teddyb
Teddyb (IP Logged)
27 January, 2018 21:45
Some may say loyal, some may say desperate?

Besford Warrior
Besford Warrior (IP Logged)
28 January, 2018 09:57
Rory Duncan from Cheetahs?

A38
A38 (IP Logged)
28 January, 2018 10:01

MESSAGES->author
Fiver (IP Logged)
28 January, 2018 10:21
After all of the fear of our club being overrun by Scots, it might seem possible that we'll be overrun by South Africans.

My point of view is that I just want to see Warriors win games. In the ideal world it's with a squad of 23 EQP, ex-academy players, but in the meantime I'll just about welcome anyone.

As such, I thought Bressler showed plenty of intent when he came on.

Regarding Hogg, his job is definitely within the remit of results based industry. The results haven't been good.

w4rriorz1980
w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
28 January, 2018 10:28
Quote:
A38
http://www.sarugbymag.co.za/blog/details/english-club-eyes-cheetahs-coach
Looks promising.Thanks for the heads up A38!
O/T but out of interest; The A38 stretches,I think from Cornwall to Nottinghamshire, some 300 miles,I'm assuming you live around the West Midlands vicinity?

MESSAGES->author
Fiver (IP Logged)
28 January, 2018 10:32
I remember when we were told that the Beckham's son Brooklyn was so named as he was conceived there............

Patgadd
Patgadd (IP Logged)
28 January, 2018 10:36
The information dug up by A38, if it comes about, means that Sam will not be invited to step up, so will presumably be returning to Tigers

MESSAGES->author
Fiver (IP Logged)
28 January, 2018 10:39
What is the normal age of promotion to head coach? Sam is still quite young, well, younger than me anyway. He's 36.

A38
A38 (IP Logged)
28 January, 2018 10:41
Quote:
Fiver
I remember when we were told that the Beckham's son Brooklyn was so named as he was conceived there............

No, that's not the connection. The A38 when I was growing up in Worcester was the holiday route. Down past a certain rugby ground in Gloucester, through Bristol and on past Exeter (If its by-pass wasn't clogged up). Happy memories.

MESSAGES->author
Fiver (IP Logged)
28 January, 2018 10:44
Quote:
A38
Quote:
Fiver

No, that's not the connection. The A38 when I was growing up in Worcester was the holiday route. Down past a certain rugby ground in Gloucester, through Bristol and on past Exeter (If its by-pass wasn't clogged up). Happy memories.

A good job I can clear that unsightly image from my head then. (Sm100)

centrethere
centrethere (IP Logged)
28 January, 2018 10:47
Arn't the Cheetahs in the knockout stages?

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
28 January, 2018 10:57
Quote:
w4rriorz1980
Quote:
A38
O/T but out of interest; The A38 stretches,I think from Cornwall to Nottinghamshire, some 300 miles,I'm assuming you live around the West Midlands vicinity?

The A38 does indeed go all the way to Mansfield. For those of you who know what I’m talking about, there is a version of “Route 66.”, which has the last line of it’s chorus as “ You’ll be great, on the A38”.

I should change my board name to “B4065 (formerly known as A38)”, but it somehow seems a bit clumsy.

And Fiver, that’s a good point, I’ll tell my oldest son his name should be Granada Ghia.

w4rriorz1980
w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
28 January, 2018 11:27
Quote:
TeflonTed
Quote:
w4rriorz1980
Quote:
A38

The A38 does indeed go all the way to Mansfield. For those of you who know what I’m talking about, there is a version of “Route 66.”, which has the last line of it’s chorus as “ You’ll be great, on the A38”.

I should change my board name to “B4065 (formerly known as A38)”, but it somehow seems a bit clumsy.

And Fiver, that’s a good point, I’ll tell my oldest son his name should be Granada Ghia.
Ha Ha Ted.
My child is called Bed... ;-)

MESSAGES->author
Fiver (IP Logged)
28 January, 2018 12:37
Quote:
w4rriorz1980
Quote:
TeflonTed
Quote:
w4rriorz1980
Quote:
A38

Ha Ha Ted.

Alleyway behind Tramps doesn't really sound right.

Patgadd
Patgadd (IP Logged)
28 January, 2018 13:00
Nor does Gravestone in Garston Churchyard...

w4rriorz1980
w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
28 January, 2018 14:22
Quote:
Fiver
Quote:
w4rriorz1980
Quote:
TeflonTed
Quote:
w4rriorz1980
Quote:
A38

Ha Ha Ted.

Alleyway behind Tramps doesn't really sound right.
H Ha!

w4rriorz1980
w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
28 January, 2018 14:24
Quote:
Patgadd
Nor does Gravestone in Garston Churchyard...
Ha Ha!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net