rugbyunion
Latest News:
Come On You Warriors!

This message board is for all things Warriors' and Rugby.
When posting please be aware that posts may be read by youngsters and respect other posters.
Click Here for the Message Board Rules

usa warrior
Hogg's Future
usa warrior (IP Logged)
11 January, 2018 07:33
[www.worcesternews.co.uk]

To be revealed within the next few weeks. Any guesses??

dkexile
Re: Hogg's Future
dkexile (IP Logged)
11 January, 2018 08:13
He'll stay or he'll go, one of the two I reckon.

ROLLO on tour
ROLLO (IP Logged)
11 January, 2018 08:20
If you wan continuity he will stay. Is he right for the job, for me the jury is out , what has his 5 year achieved?

usa warrior
usa warrior (IP Logged)
11 January, 2018 08:24
If he does go I can't help but feel sorry for him. Hasn't exactly been the easiest of tenures for the guy.

Very rarely had an consistency of DOR or players. Could argue he's done well in the circumstances.

MESSAGES->author
knightstemplar (IP Logged)
11 January, 2018 09:08
Depends if the SRU has any involvement

FlipFlop
FlipFlop (IP Logged)
11 January, 2018 09:33
I'm guessing he'll leave and wouldn't be surprised to see him team up at HQ with Dean and his 'Project'.

MESSAGES->author
drifter (IP Logged)
11 January, 2018 09:35
well at the very least he has been loyal and you cannot ask for more than that.

jgmorgan100
The Mailman (IP Logged)
11 January, 2018 10:37
Sounds like he's off to me. Has something sorted but can't / doesn't want to announce it officially yet. Of course I could be completely wrong.

MESSAGES->author
West Brom Warrior (IP Logged)
11 January, 2018 10:42
Must be honest I am not fussed either way if he stays or leaves. Nothing much has changed in his time here in terms of results

w4rriorz1980
w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
11 January, 2018 10:53
Quote:
dkexile
He'll stay or he'll go, one of the two I reckon.
Wow! What are Saturdays lottery numbers? ;-)

brianhadley
11 January, 2018 12:25
I think he will go end of season. Sam to move up to Head Coach then DOR when Solomons contract ends?

Southstand(again)
Southstand(again) (IP Logged)
11 January, 2018 13:02
Quote:
ROLLO
If you wan continuity he will stay. Is he right for the job, for me the jury is out , what has his 5 year achieved?

I would have thought the last thing we wanted was "Continuity" ?

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
11 January, 2018 13:48
Thatís a fair point SS, we do bemoan the lack of continuity, but do we want continuous mediocrity?

And calling our performance overall for the last decade mediocre is probably being kind.

woodywuss
woodywuss (IP Logged)
11 January, 2018 15:00
Job with Dean Ryan running his secret young player leadership camps, out of the RFU. Just a thought ?

centrethere
centrethere (IP Logged)
11 January, 2018 19:54
Hogg moving on and Vesty as head coach is a fair prediction, otherwise expect Sam V. to go

MESSAGES->author
knightstemplar (IP Logged)
11 January, 2018 21:15
In my limited knowledge Hogg was brought in by DR who left, who could, as suggested, see this current situation becoming reality, He must have known the ambitions and investment thoughts of the current owners. The rugby v Warriors village balance. The spending on playing staff and all.

Hogg has been loyal during that time. Premiership rugby is a hobby, like Cecil in his era, its not an investment to make money as Greg Allen has now found out. Its also obviously not easy to offload either when you realise that. Money men want a return. Its like flushing money down the toilet unless you have many millions/billions.

The future of Warriors is in the balance on many levels depending on who it is sold to and what their remit is with it, long term hobby or asset stripping or use as raising future funds on freeholds, and then future plans from there.

If the relegation battle continues through the current business model and a lack of hobbyist funding ( which looks ominous) who can blame Hogg if he gets the right offer to move on?

Its all down to who the new owners are (it may be just investment with the freehold retained) and their ambitions.

Very tricky times ahead on ownership, recruitment and funding as suggested.

WorcesterSauce
WorcesterSauce (IP Logged)
11 January, 2018 21:38
I like Hogg and think he's actually done an ok job for us in very difficult circumstances. One of those where, if we are chosing to let him go id understand but at the same time feel for him.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net