rugbyunion
Latest News:
We are The Warriors! The Mighty Worcester Warriors!

This message board is for all things Warriors' and Rugby.
When posting please be aware that posts may be read by youngsters and respect other posters.
Click Here for the Message Board Rules

w4rriorz1980
Te'o
w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
23 January, 2018 16:40
Carl Hogg in the WN talking about Willison and how even though will be a loss losing someone of that quality we have adequate cover in Mills and Te'o.
Does that mean Te'o is staying?

Underdog
Re: Te'o
Underdog (IP Logged)
23 January, 2018 16:46
He's contracted and not sure why we'd let him go if we've lost Willison.

usa warrior
usa warrior (IP Logged)
23 January, 2018 17:32
More surprisingly to me is the mention of Olivier as I thought for sure he'd be off.

centrethere
centrethere (IP Logged)
23 January, 2018 19:24
We,ll be fire fighting soon hope François and Ben play in AW

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
23 January, 2018 23:50
Quote:
centrethere
We,ll be fire fighting soon hope François and Ben play in AW

I’m sticking my neck out here,....... nfc.

As in, no ............... chance.

centrethere
centrethere (IP Logged)
24 January, 2018 07:45
Yes, but think they should play to gain match sharpness for our premiership games and not be wrapped in cotton wool.

FlipFlop
FlipFlop (IP Logged)
24 January, 2018 10:02
FH hasn't looked right since he returned if we're honest, but maybe his form is symptomatic of the other players on the field and the off field nonsense?

You can refer to having adequate cover due to player BT, and indeed may need to, even if you know as fact that BT may be leaving. It is part of the media training.

I am not suggesting BT is leaving by the way. On a personal level, it wouldn't surprise me however if it did materialise, and maybe FH too, whatever their contract status. But that is just a personal opinion.

MSR-Worcester
MSR-Worcester (IP Logged)
24 January, 2018 10:40
Quote:
Chris Jones BBC (@chjones9)
"In other Six Nations injury news, am hearing Ben Te’o is training in Portugal and is nearing a return to full fitness. Key part of Eddie Jones’ plans."

MESSAGES->author
Faithful_City (IP Logged)
24 January, 2018 11:18
I am not bothered about A/W , Exeter in the Prem or Gloucestershire in the Prem, it has to be geared to winning at Irish

4 games on the run is likely to bring more than match sharpness

Nothing gained from risking players in the A/W.

JP

Offa
Offa (IP Logged)
24 January, 2018 15:16
Totally agree.

Whispering_Death
Whispering_Death (IP Logged)
24 January, 2018 18:48
It really is a sad state of affairs if we give up on Gloucester at home and just concentrate on Irish. We should be looking to win that game (admittedly we have been @#$%& at home of late) and arriving at Irish 13 points ahead.

jhmosso
Spa eaststander (IP Logged)
24 January, 2018 19:01
Quote:
Whispering_Death
It really is a sad state of affairs if we give up on Gloucester at home and just concentrate on Irish. We should be looking to win that game (admittedly we have been @#$%& at home of late) and arriving at Irish 13 points ahead.

Are we expecting Irish to get nothing from their next two games?

Whispering_Death
24 January, 2018 19:04
Based on the last 12 games yes.

dkexile
dkexile (IP Logged)
24 January, 2018 19:41
Quote:
Whispering_Death

It's nice that someone else thinks like that.

This place seems to go from blind optimism to complete despair in the blink of an eye.

WorcesterSauce
WorcesterSauce (IP Logged)
24 January, 2018 21:56
Gloucester home is winnable. Our prem record vs glos at Sixways is really decent. Why would we not be trying to win that? Why would we be using that to deliberately 'get Match sharpness' for the Irish game. The Season is a marathon, not a sprint. A loss vs Irish won't define our season but what is the point of putting more pressure on it by deliberately throwing winnable games? Bizarre. If that's how we're going to think why don't we just have two matches per season, vs Irish, and have the others as friendlies that we can use to 'get up to match sharpness'.

MESSAGES->author
24 January, 2018 22:53
WS you are the only 0ne talking about throwing games.

Who said we should not try and win against Exeter and Gloucester?

Beating Irish, is very important to us, even more so to Irish. It is a 10 point game.

JP

MESSAGES->author
24 January, 2018 22:54
I’ve read that Te’o is in the selection mix as per Eddie Jones.

JP

WorcesterSauce
WorcesterSauce (IP Logged)
24 January, 2018 23:30
Quote:
Faithful_City
WS you are the only 0ne talking about throwing games.
Who said we should not try and win against Exeter and Gloucester?

Beating Irish, is very important to us, even more so to Irish. It is a 10 point game.

JP

JP, you said you are not bothered about Gloucester and just use it to 'get up to match speed' for Irish. If that does not mean you are not arsed if we win/lose/throw the game, as long as we use it to get up to match speed, then what does it mean?

Would irish be as important if we beat Exeter ans Gloucester first?

Freypal
Freypal (IP Logged)
25 January, 2018 07:02
Gloucester is a game that should be targeted for a win. It was a fairly close game in the away fixture and wuss have arguably improved since then (same could be said of Gloucester admittedly).

MESSAGES->author
25 January, 2018 07:26
Your mind works like that, not my words.

JP

dkexile
dkexile (IP Logged)
25 January, 2018 07:33
Well WS isn't the only one who got that impression from your words JP.

Hard to know how else to take "I'm not bothered about [the Gloucester game]"

w4rriorz1980
w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
25 January, 2018 07:37
Whatever team we put out in the Prem,AWC,ERCC,A-League and so forth right through the age groups our players will always try and win.
It's what team the management put out which defines to management and us fans whether we're going to win the game or not.
We could play A-League players against a full strength Prem side for example,we know we won't win but our players will try and want to win.
Am I making sense? :-)

dkexile
dkexile (IP Logged)
25 January, 2018 07:52
Yes 1980 I get what you're saying, the way I see it is winning can become a habit, as can losing, and if we constantly put out weaker sides our players won't get used to winning and at the moment a win or two would do us the power of good.

FlipFlop
FlipFlop (IP Logged)
25 January, 2018 09:21
Both games against Chiefs and Gloucester will be tough, but agree we should set our stall out to win both with our best side. Gloucester is just about the more winnable game, but it will depend how Chiefs bounce back from Champions Cup non qualification. Glaws are a different beast from previous recent seasons, but we need to bloody their noses and sneak a win from their grasp to improve our own predicament.

Pinning our hope on beating Irish is foolish, no matter how much more beatable they should be. Everyone welcomes Warriors to their place, as they know that 4 or 5 points are for the taking. We, as a team need to change that for ourselves as much as anything, but as we have seen, this is easier said than done.

It would be nice to have Ben where Gold and Blue more than the Red Rose.

Whispering_Death
25 January, 2018 10:34
Has anyone ever had to do less than Teo to ‘earn’ an England spot?

usa warrior
usa warrior (IP Logged)
25 January, 2018 10:36
Sam Burgess? Piers Francis?

MESSAGES->author
Butthead (IP Logged)
25 January, 2018 11:00
Andy Farrell?

w4rriorz1980
w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
25 January, 2018 12:03
Barrie John-Mather

dkexile
dkexile (IP Logged)
25 January, 2018 12:32
Joel tomkins

woodywuss
woodywuss (IP Logged)
25 January, 2018 12:49
I think I have been pretty positive about all of the players that have joined Warriors, Mr Teo is an exception to this. I think the last straw was the BBC saying he was getting back from injury and training with England.As a supporter,his all-round contribution to the club seems to have been,IMHO,pretty minimal.
It will be interesting to see his commitment to Warriors for the remainder of the season? You would hope that as an England international, with possible World Cup selection up for grabs, he would demonstrate to us, his peers and the club just how good he really is.

w4rriorz1980
w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
08 February, 2018 11:03
Eddie Jones saying T'eo played really well but as his second game back from injury he's going to be on the bench.Using him as a finisher.

w4rriorz1980
w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
10 February, 2018 18:39
Got away with that high tackle Ben! Ground out win against a fantastic Wales team! Solid Josh.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net