rugbyunion
Latest News:
Come On You Warriors!

This message board is for all things Warriors' and Rugby.
When posting please be aware that posts may be read by youngsters and respect other posters.
Click Here for the Message Board Rules

MESSAGES->author
Ben Te’o pays for his own rehab
Faithful_City (IP Logged)
26 January, 2018 23:03
Quote:

Physios, trainers, flights, food — it cost thousands but it’s worth it,’ he said.
‘I didn’t mind picking up the tab because I know it’s going to pay me back one day.
‘I went out to Brisbane and was with two guys, a physio and a trainer, who I worked with at the Broncos (his former club in Australia’s National Rugby League).
‘When you’re at a club, you’ve got to fit in but this was all tailored towards me. The ankle’s feeling really good now. There’s a bit of hardware in there from surgery — some tightrope to pull the tibia and fibula together, plates and screws — but it all adds to the body.

Read more: [www.dailymail.co.uk]
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

The club did not look after him, WTF.

Jp

A38
Re: Ben Te’o pays for his own rehab
A38 (IP Logged)
26 January, 2018 23:16
And it's not just the Daily Mail:-

[www.telegraph.co.uk]

[www.theguardian.com]

Somebody has been talking to the press!

w4rriorz1980
w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
26 January, 2018 23:20
Wow?! What the hell?!
You're right JP,aren't clubs supposed to pick up the tabs for these things?
I'll reserve more judgment as in the Daily Mail after all! I expect there'll be more details forthwith.

bcukev
bcukev (IP Logged)
26 January, 2018 23:47
This is shocking, particularly as he picked up the injury playing against Brive

WorcesterSauce
WorcesterSauce (IP Logged)
27 January, 2018 02:21
Hang on.

The club almost certainly offered him good rehab in this country. Why should we pay £0000s for him to go all the way to Brisbane to get treatment when we almost certainly offered him decent treatment over here?

MESSAGES->author
West Brom Warrior (IP Logged)
27 January, 2018 04:04
Why should the club pay for him to go to Brisbane to see people he knows for his treatment, our medical staff in recent years have a pretty good record of rehabbing people well but from the article it seems he wanted a team to only focus on him. That’s his choice and I am sure the club offered him outstanding medical care, if he decides he wants 2 Physio’s looking after him and only him then its right he should pay for it.

FlipFlop
FlipFlop (IP Logged)
27 January, 2018 06:57
“When you’re at a club you’ve got to fit in....”. When do you plan to do that Ben? At Bath?

Perhaps he’s seen the comments made by supporters about players like Symons, CSW leaving after extensive rehab and thought if I pay for it myself, they can shove their comments where the sun don’t shine WHEN I leave.

Clearly doesn’t rate our conditioning and med staff.

Never mind, travel and med costs will be offset against his Marquee salary for tax purposes so a win win for Brand T’eo.

Whispering_Death
Whispering_Death (IP Logged)
27 January, 2018 07:50
And he does say the RFU and Worcester have been great. Sounds like his call so why should we pick up the tab.

Eternal optimist
Eternal optimist (IP Logged)
27 January, 2018 09:33
BT just can’t do anything right with some on here.
I quite like him for Saying what he thinks. He does’nt say Worcester is a great place and then announces that he’s leaving two weeks later.
Yes he may not be the most approachable of people but not everyone one is
So, he didn’t say that we refused to help him, he did say we were great about it. So there’s no problem he’s just a professional who wants to improve himself and is prepared to invest in himself to do it.
No different to anyone using private medical cover.
Back now to watching the Perry Baker show

centrethere
centrethere (IP Logged)
27 January, 2018 09:40
Good that Ben took the surgery option and can understand his wish to get fit the best way he knows. But conversely we are working to Ben's timetable now

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
27 January, 2018 09:55
Quote:
Eternal optimist
BT just can’t do anything right with some on here.
I quite like him for Saying what he thinks. He does’nt say Worcester is a great place and then announces that he’s leaving two weeks later.
Yes he may not be the most approachable of people but not everyone one is
So, he didn’t say that we refused to help him, he did say we were great about it. So there’s no problem he’s just a professional who wants to improve himself and is prepared to invest in himself to do it.
No different to anyone using private medical cover.
Back now to watching the Perry Baker show

I think that’s a pretty good analysis.

But do we think he loses any sleep worrying about Wuss’s current predicament?

I doubt it, he may as well not be here so far. Hope I’m proved wrong in the remaining part of the season, but bet I won’t be. While we play our crucial game at the Madstad Ben will be enjoying his 6N weekend with the England squad, which is what he’s really interested in, IMHO.

ROLLO on tour
ROLLO (IP Logged)
27 January, 2018 10:19
TT pretty much spot on. In the club but not of it.
It is a sad fact that on this seasons evidence so far if Ben left we would not really miss him.
Don't understand his comment about food. I thought all of the team were given their food and supplements by the club tailored to their own needs. Maybe he spends too much time in The Ivy?

Eternal optimist
27 January, 2018 10:20
I think that you are probably quite right TT. We knew what we were taking on when we signed him and from memory, which I saw not always great, a lot of people were pretty chuffed at having an England player on the books.
He was injur d this time playing for us, not England or the Lions. I don’t see negative postson the Sarries site for BV being injured or with Chiefs and JN. I know and appreciate that we do not have the depth to cover but that isn’t his problem, it’s the clubs
It jus all frustrates the hell out of me, plus the lack of Saturday prem games.

woodywuss
woodywuss (IP Logged)
27 January, 2018 11:03
Cold,wet,snowy Worcester or warm,sunny Brisbane? Checking in to the medical staff at Wuss every day or self managed programme with Aussie physios etc. Probably to get himself up and running for the Six Nations.He would have told Eddie Jones all about it hence his selection in the training squad. You cannot fault his dedication to the cause,just which one? The Ben Teo roadshow will no doubt have some interesting twists and turns over the next 4/5 months.

FlipFlop
FlipFlop (IP Logged)
27 January, 2018 16:39
We knew what we were taking on when we signed him and from memory, which I saw not always great, a lot of people were pretty chuffed at having an England player on the books.

Well for 1, he wasn’t an England player when he joined unless that is cross purposes in how I read this line.

I don’t much care about his injury record at Leinster, but if was like it has been with us, i’d question DR and Meds on us taking a punt on him.

As a club we have not got value from him. Yes, injuries happen but to be in the mix for AI’s and 6N more than week 22 of the Prem sticks in the throat for me, no matter how much we get from RFU for freeing him up.

My record on Ben is scratched to the annoyance of others. I’m aware. I’d really be happier with him if like Adams and Denton, his international activity was married with club activity.

Eternal optimist
27 January, 2018 20:35
FF, he has wasn’t an England player when he first arrived was due to the ridiculous rule of having to play in England (don’t necessarily need to be English though). The same ridiculous rule that has kept out the likes of Stefan Armitage and Nick Abendanon, but that’s another story.
I cannot believe that the situation wasn’t discussed and agreed by all party’s, including someone from the RFU, and we were the vehicle for BTs England aspirations.
But hey, that’s just my view, everyone else is fully entitled to there’s.
As it happens i personally don’t think he’s a good fit at Worcester, although every now and again you need a plan B, more of a blunt instrument taking a direct route.
Now where’s my beer.

Warriordad
Warriordad (IP Logged)
27 January, 2018 20:36
If that’s what Ben wants to do then good on him.

We’ve paid him an awful lot of money for nothing. So the least he can do is foot the bill to get himself back fit for England and his next lump sum match rate (Sm122)

FlipFlop
FlipFlop (IP Logged)
27 January, 2018 21:06
EO,

Fully aware we are the ‘vehicle’ for Ben’s higher aspirations. Doubt he would have left Pro 14 unless he had to otherwise.There is no other reason he came to us. No logic behind why he chose us.

MESSAGES->author
Fiver (IP Logged)
27 January, 2018 22:00
Ben chose us because DR was selling his dream. The problem was that the rug was pulled from under DR, the promised money didn't appear along with the quality players that Ben was expecting to be playing with. DR was then left in an untenable situation so had no real option but to leave. That bit is now history.

However, this left Ben in a situation where everything he'd been told when he signed for the club was gone. I actually think Ben has every right to be unhappy with Warriors. He came on the promise of better players, a team operating higher up the league and DR as his DoR.

There may well be a couple of other players feeling the same way, perhaps the ones leaving for other clubs.

w4rriorz1980
w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
28 January, 2018 10:18
Quote:
FlipFlop
EO,
Fully aware we are the ‘vehicle’ for Ben’s higher aspirations. Doubt he would have left Pro 14 unless he had to otherwise.There is no other reason he came to us. No logic behind why he chose us.
But he is here,whatever the circumstances, he knows that and he's kept his head down after the debacle of THAT press release and despite injuries he is fully committed to us.When not on England duty.Which we expected.
Has he one year (season) left after this? If he goes,so be it,personally I'd miss him but the lack of game time for us be from injuries and England call ups will make it far easier for me to let him go and get 2-3 decent or maybe 1 world class replacement.

MESSAGES->author
Fiver (IP Logged)
28 January, 2018 10:27
We're only really complaining because we're propping up the table. If we want world class, then they play test matches. Test matches are the highest level of rugby, and as such the body is tested to it's absolute limit, hence more injuries. Other fans can say "yeah, he's injured, but at least we've got XYZ to cover". We've not got the luxury of their squad depth.

Unless Ben actually does something despicable, I think we should steer clear of anything personal. He has played some lovely rugby for us when permitted. However, what do we expect if we give him rubbish ball. You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.

woodywuss
woodywuss (IP Logged)
28 January, 2018 11:48
BT is undoubtedly a skilful player. He has become a member of a select group who have represented England and the Lions. The one aspect I cannot reconcile is his apparent disconnect with Warriors as a club and more importantly his perceived attitude to us as fans. There is a sense of being aloof and tolerating his day to day playing circumstances. Great players who have achieved top honours in the game are usually bracketed with words such as modest,humble,approachable and humility.
Matt Cox is honourably mentioned in another thread,chasing down the Exeter winger.That speaks volumes to me of what the guy is all about. If all the squad get that mindset for our remaining games we will be ok this season and have a sound basis for next season.
I sincerely apologise in advance if I am doing Ben a disservice. I can only follow my gut instinct from many,many years of watching and playing the game.

Brummagem Bertie
Brummagem Bertie (IP Logged)
28 January, 2018 15:39
Quote:
Fiver
Ben chose us because DR was selling his dream. The problem was that the rug was pulled from under DR, the promised money didn't appear along with the quality players that Ben was expecting to be playing with. DR was then left in an untenable situation so had no real option but to leave.

According to Bill Bolsover, Ryan was given the money to sign every player he wanted, bar one. That was the only time the Board said no. The week before he left the club announced a 25% increase in the playing budget to accompany the rise in the cap and we had previously announced the signings of FH and Jackson Willison, amongst others.

I don't see how that would leave Ryan in an untenable situation with no option but to leave. I also think it's incredibly naive to think that Ryan could go from Warriors to the RFU in just 4 weeks, without any prior contact, especially as they had been looking for a successor to Joe Lydon since his resignation in March.

In my view it's clear that DR shafted the club, the players, and us supporters for personal ambition, not because he was forced out or the Board failed to back him.

Whatever you do, do it safely!

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
28 January, 2018 18:17
Spot on BB

MESSAGES->author
Fiver (IP Logged)
28 January, 2018 19:40
Sorry, my bad. The untenable part actually related to Jim being made Dean's boss when the deal was that Dean would report directly to the board. This was, I believe, reported when Dean first joined as he'd always said he'd only return to club rugby if the conditions were right. The money side was a touch of hearsay, so must have related to that one player. However, given our options (I'm guessing at fly half), that one player would probably have made the difference.

I doubt we'll ever hear all of the truth. Apparently there is still someone at the club that Dean refuses to speak to, I've no idea who that is though.

I'm pretty sure Bill will tell you Bill's side, and Dean will do likewise.

worcestawarrior
worcestawarrior (IP Logged)
28 January, 2018 20:17
I'm sure if Hebrides expert care that wasn't available locally we would have sent him there as in the past with other players

MESSAGES->author
knightstemplar (IP Logged)
07 February, 2018 21:08
Moving to Bath alledgedly

Latecomer
Latecomer (IP Logged)
07 February, 2018 22:28
Quote:
knightstemplar
Moving to Bath alledgedly

Hope he likes muddy pitches if that's the case !

Would seem he doesn't like running out on to an artificial one.

MESSAGES->author
Faithful_City (IP Logged)
07 February, 2018 22:29
Only if they can afford the buyout of his contract. Salary plus loss of sales should be worth £500k

JP

FlipFlop
FlipFlop (IP Logged)
08 February, 2018 08:45
"loss of sales"

Interesting concept based on a player. Maybe Image rights might be a sticking point.

Not querying a potential basis for compo, but highly contestable by both parties i would guess.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net