rugbyunion
Latest News:
Come On You Warriors!

This message board is for all things Warriors' and Rugby.
When posting please be aware that posts may be read by youngsters and respect other posters.
Click Here for the Message Board Rules

Inter Mevan
Bristol Sign 9
Inter Mevan (IP Logged)
29 January, 2018 10:31
Bristol have just announced the signing of 9 players with some interesting names on the list !!

worcestawarrior
Re: Bristol Sign 9
worcestawarrior (IP Logged)
29 January, 2018 10:32
Half a story

gmem
Garym (IP Logged)
29 January, 2018 10:38
Is this the same 9 as a couple of weeks ago (Thacker, etc on the list)?

Whispering_Death
Whispering_Death (IP Logged)
29 January, 2018 10:44
Based on yesterday they better recruit in the front five as Bedford absolutely demolished them.

ROLLO on tour
ROLLO (IP Logged)
29 January, 2018 11:11
Interestingly Will Hurrell is going on loan to Bath for the rest of the season.

w4rriorz1980
w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
29 January, 2018 11:19
Bris..to..zzzzzz...!

MESSAGES->author
Faithful_City (IP Logged)
29 January, 2018 12:20
Yet another Le Roux.

Come on guys “keep up”

JP

ROLLO on tour
ROLLO (IP Logged)
29 January, 2018 13:42
Sorry where was Hurrell mentioned I missed that.

Inter Mevan
Inter Mevan (IP Logged)
29 January, 2018 14:28
I apologise for duplicating a thread

MESSAGES->author
29 January, 2018 14:34
Don’t apologise, just get it right.((Sm128)lol (Sm22))

JP

MESSAGES->author
Abberley (IP Logged)
29 January, 2018 19:47
Quote:
ROLLO
Sorry where was Hurrell mentioned I missed that.

Bath Rugby sign Bristol centre Will Hurrell on loan

ROLLO on tour
ROLLO (IP Logged)
29 January, 2018 20:06
I did mean on this site Abberley.

MESSAGES->author
Abberley (IP Logged)
29 January, 2018 21:02
Quote:
ROLLO
I did mean on this site Abberley.

Sorry, not paying attention - been a long day (Sm8)

Warr-i-ors!
Warr-i-ors! (IP Logged)
30 January, 2018 12:46
This whole ‘Le Roux’ is utterly boring and tedious.

just got into rugby
Big Bird Warrior (IP Logged)
30 January, 2018 12:51
Quote:
W D
Based on yesterday they better recruit in the front five as Bedford absolutely demolished them

And wasn't that a beautiful thing? (Sm151)

I only switched on at the beginning of the second half but, for once, enjoyed every scrum! (Sm160)

CABris
CABris (IP Logged)
30 January, 2018 14:31
Quote:
Big Bird Warrior
Quote:
W D
Based on yesterday they better recruit in the front five as Bedford absolutely demolished them

And wasn't that a beautiful thing? (Sm151)

I only switched on at the beginning of the second half but, for once, enjoyed every scrum! (Sm160)

Enjoy it while it lasts 😉

Whispering_Death
Whispering_Death (IP Logged)
30 January, 2018 15:43
Unfortunately I suspect you’re right CB.

Latecomer
Latecomer (IP Logged)
30 January, 2018 16:00
Quote:
Warr-i-ors!

Now you are trying to spoil the fun (or should that be glee) of a competitive few on here Warr-i-ors. I'm also always intrigued by the race to be first to post the team sheet on this forum, when I can actually read it very well on the club website (without the incorrectly spelled names) !

w4rriorz1980
w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
30 January, 2018 16:40
I generally like to get the "Today" posts out first after a game as I like to vent my delight/frustration while still fresh in my mind.
Usually while I'm on the park and ride bus so I can garner opinion from my fellow fans and away fans sometimes!
A true melting pot of views,opinions and insights!

ROLLO on tour
ROLLO (IP Logged)
30 January, 2018 16:51
Long may the LeRoux live , it is one of the innovations of this site which others do not have.

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
30 January, 2018 17:42
If I say I agree with a Rollo, do I get one?

Warr-i-ors!, who has presumably by now gone to sleep, need not reply.

Warr-i-ors!
Warr-i-ors! (IP Logged)
30 January, 2018 20:28
TT - being that I am currently in Cape Town and therefore two hours ahead of those of you in the UK, you were almost on the money. I had time just to have a quick browse of this forum before I went to sleep having enjoyed a splendid dining experience in La Colombe. A far nicer experience than reading the oh so boring ‘Le Roux gags’.

Warr-i-ors!
Warr-i-ors! (IP Logged)
30 January, 2018 20:29
Quote:
Latecomer
Quote:
Warr-i-ors!

Now you are trying to spoil the fun (or should that be glee) of a competitive few on here Warr-i-ors. I'm also always intrigued by the race to be first to post the team sheet on this forum, when I can actually read it very well on the club website (without the incorrectly spelled names) !

Hit, nail, head.

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
30 January, 2018 22:09
Quote:
Warr-i-ors!
TT - being that I am currently in Cape Town and therefore two hours ahead of those of you in the UK, you were almost on the money. I had time just to have a quick browse of this forum before I went to sleep having enjoyed a splendid dining experience in La Colombe. A far nicer experience than reading the oh so boring ‘Le Roux gags’.

Cape Town is certainly good. Last time I was there I could use all the water I wanted.

Warr-i-ors!
Warr-i-ors! (IP Logged)
31 January, 2018 02:40
Well you certainly know how to live life.

dkexile
dkexile (IP Logged)
31 January, 2018 07:30
It's just a bit of fun that adds character to the forum, I don't see why it bothers you.
People posting things like team sheets for discussion is kinda what a forum is all about....

MESSAGES->author
Fiver (IP Logged)
31 January, 2018 08:33
Quote:
Warr-i-ors!

Does that mean you work for the club and you're there to sign next years players? If not, say hi to the guys who are.

MESSAGES->author
31 January, 2018 09:12
“Boring Gags”

They are the highlights of the week.

JP

Latecomer
Latecomer (IP Logged)
31 January, 2018 09:42
Quote:
dkexile
It's just a bit of fun that adds character to the forum, I don't see why it bothers you.
People posting things like team sheets for discussion is kinda what a forum is all about....

dkexile, I'm guessing you may be talking about the Wednesday Team Prediction ? In which case I agree it's a bit of fun/speculation which does add to the forum.

What I don't get is the race to put the actual team on the forum when it is already placed on numerous platforms by the club itself (club website, email to STH's, Facebook and Twitter) that most have access to these days ?

And don't get me started on those friggin' spelling mistakes [:wor kid:]

Just an opinion of course....!

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
31 January, 2018 09:58
Latecomer, you’re dead right about spelling. It’s not rocket science to get the players’ names correct, there’s plenty of places to look them up if unsure.

Since this is not an English grammar site we'll excuse those who don’t know their “there” from their “their”, have no idea what “should have” means, and wish we had better “centers” and “defense”.

I learn something every day though, yesterday I had to look up “meh” since it was used on a post here. So now I know, but I won’t be using it.

Lol....pmsl...etc....etc......

Patgadd
Patgadd (IP Logged)
31 January, 2018 10:26
OK, it's pedantry corner, so I'll just blow off about the most misused word in the English language. I've just heard - for the third time in two days - someone on Radio 4 talking about "the enormity of the task ahead". If people on this forum make mistakes in grammar or spelling, so what, unless it's a real howler? But when the BBC, supposedly a bastion of spoken English, gets it wrong it's painful. The word enormity means moral outrage. Please just say "the size of the task ahead".

Rant over - sorry about that

Underdog
Underdog (IP Logged)
31 January, 2018 10:43
My bugbear is when people say 'generally' when they mean 'genuinely.'

However, as an English teacher I get my pedantry fix most days so it doesn't bother me too much.

ogrelord
ogrelord (IP Logged)
31 January, 2018 10:46
Quote:
Patgadd
But when the BBC, supposedly a bastion of spoken English, gets it wrong it's painful. The word enormity means moral outrage. Please just say "the size of the task ahead".

Might want to look in the dictionary again chap.

Quote:
Merriam-Webster
Definition of enormity
plural enormities
1 : an outrageous, improper, vicious, or immoral act
the enormities of state power —Susan Sontag
other enormities too juvenile to mention —Richard Freedman
2 : the quality or state of being immoderate, monstrous, or outrageous; especially : great wickedness
the enormity of the crimes committed during the Third Reich —G. A. Craig
3 : the quality or state of being huge : immensity the inconceivable enormity of the universe
4 : a quality of momentous importance or impact the enormity of the decision

A38
A38 (IP Logged)
31 January, 2018 10:49
Mine's "decimate". In my book, it means to reduce by 10 per cent. But modern usage is that it means "destroy" or something similar. Former English teacher daughter tells me that English is an evolving language and that I should "go with it".

No wonder I have an affection for the dead language of Latin. Mind you, O Level or not, I have forgotten most if not all of it.

Amo, amas...??

Patgadd
Patgadd (IP Logged)
31 January, 2018 10:59
Quote:
ogrelord

Might want to look in the dictionary again chap.

Quote:
Merriam-Webster
Definition of enormity
plural enormities
1 : an outrageous, improper, vicious, or immoral act
the enormities of state power —Susan Sontag
other enormities too juvenile to mention —Richard Freedman
2 : the quality or state of being immoderate, monstrous, or outrageous; especially : great wickedness
the enormity of the crimes committed during the Third Reich —G. A. Craig
3 : the quality or state of being huge : immensity the inconceivable enormity of the universe
4 : a quality of momentous importance or impact the enormity of the decision

You look in your American dictionary; I'll stick to the OED.

Late Middle English: via Old French from Latin enormitas, from enormis, from e- (variant of ex-) ‘out of’ + norma ‘pattern, standard’. The word originally meant ‘deviation from legal or moral rectitude’ and ‘transgression’. Current senses have been influenced by enormous.

MESSAGES->author
Fiver (IP Logged)
31 January, 2018 12:39
I'm guessing the worst possible phrase is "the enormity of the decimation".

I hate the word "super" being used as a prefix. For the record, I have never been super excited. I certainly have never been, like, literally super excited.

w4rriorz1980
w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
31 January, 2018 13:03
"Literally" used in the wrong context bugs me.

ROLLO on tour
ROLLO (IP Logged)
31 January, 2018 13:27
The BBC is now the bastion of political correctness so we have to get presenters who talk what like normal people do yu no!

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
31 January, 2018 14:12
So, how do we feel about people who can't start a sentence without the word "so".

Villages12
Villages12 (IP Logged)
31 January, 2018 14:59
I'm not the least bit interested in who Bristol is signing.

But what has all this got to do with the Subject ?

3 Post on Josh Adams
3 on Haskell

Is everyone running out of things to talk about ?

dkexile
dkexile (IP Logged)
31 January, 2018 15:23
Quote:
Latecomer
Quote:
dkexile

dkexile, I'm guessing you may be talking about the Wednesday Team Prediction ? In which case I agree it's a bit of fun/speculation which does add to the forum.

What I don't get is the race to put the actual team on the forum when it is already placed on numerous platforms by the club itself (club website, email to STH's, Facebook and Twitter) that most have access to these days ?

And don't get me started on those friggin' spelling mistakes [:wor kid:]

Just an opinion of course....!

I like people putting the actual team up on here, I don't look anywhere else for it.
On here it comes with opinions and predictions which is an added bonus.

Peter_B
Peter_B (IP Logged)
31 January, 2018 23:14
You obviously know decimation was a Roman punishment where 1/10 of the military were selected and executed. It may be a slang usage to mean destroy but it has been slang for 2000 years or so. Most of these so called rules were made up in the 18th century.

Peter

C'mon you Bristol Boys!

MESSAGES->author
Fiver (IP Logged)
01 February, 2018 11:36
Hate to tell you Peter_B, but we did this to death last year (no pun intended).

Rinkadink
Rinkadink (IP Logged)
01 February, 2018 12:10
so i am super lyk literally so amaze by enormity of dis thred an lyk no 1 chat abot wot it say ``` super generally cunfuse bai dis a fink u lot likez 2 take p an my fingrz r literally decimate nao az a nevva tipe super much innit fam

w4rriorz1980
w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
01 February, 2018 12:19
Quote:
Rinkadink
so i am super lyk literally so amaze by enormity of dis thred an lyk no 1 chat abot wot it say ``` super generally cunfuse bai dis a fink u lot likez 2 take p an my fingrz r literally decimate nao az a nevva tipe super much innit fam
Ha Ha! :-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/02/2018 12:20 by w4rriorz1980.

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
01 February, 2018 12:21
I quite agree old chap.

FlipFlop
FlipFlop (IP Logged)
01 February, 2018 12:21
Quote:
Rinkadink

Thanks for your input Ms Pollard

arkivist
arkivist (IP Logged)
01 February, 2018 17:20
A new site moderator has been appointed - it is Which Tyler -the chap who led the Pedants Revolt.
Sorry, couldnt resist it!

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
01 February, 2018 17:26
Quote:
arkivist
A new site moderator has been appointed - it is Which Tyler -the chap who led the Pedants Revolt.
Sorry, couldnt resist it!

Where’s his possessive apostrophe then?

Villages12
Villages12 (IP Logged)
01 February, 2018 17:49
Is he also one of the Nine players to sign for Bristol as well !!??

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net