rugbyunion
Latest News:
Come On You Warriors!

This message board is for all things Warriors' and Rugby.
When posting please be aware that posts may be read by youngsters and respect other posters.
Click Here for the Message Board Rules

dkexile
OT- Superbowl Sunday
dkexile (IP Logged)
30 January, 2018 19:56
Anyone else going to watch?

The patriots led by surely the greatest quarter back and head coach of all time to win again or Philly to finally win their first?

Does anyone care?

MESSAGES->author
Re: OT- Superbowl Sunday
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
30 January, 2018 20:08
That’s a no here, but I do hope you enjoy it.

MESSAGES->author
Faithful_City (IP Logged)
30 January, 2018 20:56
Indifferent

JP

MESSAGES->author
Fiver (IP Logged)
30 January, 2018 21:07
It's worth it just to listen to Osi and Jason.

FlipFlop
FlipFlop (IP Logged)
30 January, 2018 21:21
Used to follow it when I could spare 4 and a bit hours on a Sunday night without worry about getting up on Monday. But i’m talking about an era with Dan Marino, Jerry Rice,William ‘The Fridge’ Perry and John Elway.

These days, if i’m awake at 11, it’s only the morning variety!

dkexile
dkexile (IP Logged)
30 January, 2018 22:28
I thought I'd miss Carson when highlights moved from channel 4 to BBC but you're right about Jason and OSI, they're brilliant.

Thanks Ted although I was hoping for jaguars v Vikings.

Dan Marino made me a dolphins fan, I won't watch it live, probably take a week of avoiding the result to watch the recording over the week.

w4rriorz1980
w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
30 January, 2018 22:28
I've tried watching games in the past including the Superbowl but find American Football too long,boring,overhyped and tedious.Paid excessively too much like some footballers.
On a par with golf for me for making me rather watch paint dry.

dkexile
dkexile (IP Logged)
31 January, 2018 07:20
It is an acquired taste I guess, I love the tactical side of the game and the whole draft system keeps new teams challenging every year (bar the patriots).
Best watched on a recording or with friends and a beer as the last 15 minutes normally takes over an hour.

MESSAGES->author
West Brom Warrior (IP Logged)
31 January, 2018 08:49
Oh yes I will be watching and hoping for another Patriots win however they have been off the ball in the playoffs so suspect they may not win it this time.

MacWarrior
MacWarrior (IP Logged)
31 January, 2018 10:01
FlipFlop, don't forget Joe Montana and the awesome Walter Payton! Like you,I can't stay awake that late but will hear all about it on Monday from my US sports obsessed work colleagues.

Swatpo
Swatpo (IP Logged)
31 January, 2018 11:42
I'll watch, Patriots fan since 1984, through thin and now thick. Great tactical game. Saw the Jags at Wembley last year, and there does seem a lot of 'faffing' but an enjoyable sporting event!

FlipFlop
FlipFlop (IP Logged)
31 January, 2018 12:47
MacWarrior,

For the life of me, Joe Montana's had escaped my grey matter, but yes a true great from era too.

MESSAGES->author
Fiver (IP Logged)
31 January, 2018 13:03
Jerry Rice? Seem to remember he could catch and run faster than everyone else.

Villages12
Villages12 (IP Logged)
31 January, 2018 15:15
11 minutes of action play
12 minutes of replays

I'll be watching some paint dry.

dkexile
dkexile (IP Logged)
31 January, 2018 15:32
Quote:
West Brom Warrior
Oh yes I will be watching and hoping for another Patriots win however they have been off the ball in the playoffs so suspect they may not win it this time.

Really? I thought they were very impressive beating the jaguars.

I'll certainly not bet against Brady the GOAT.

Gronk being fit certainly would help mind.

MESSAGES->author
Fiver (IP Logged)
31 January, 2018 17:28
If the Patriots are off the boil, how the hell did they make it through the playoffs? The other teams must have been pretty awful, or they are normally amazing.

Whilst I've no doubt some teams can produce a dismal display all on their own, it's often caused by something the opposition are doing. I'd give some praise to the Jaguars, they very nearly won the conference but for the last play (hope I'm thinking of the right game).

dkexile
dkexile (IP Logged)
31 January, 2018 18:14
The jaguars were winning up until about the last 3 minutes.

Their defence and running game were tremendous, not enough to beat the pats though, Botha almost saved them with a final drive but for a great play from the NE CB, then NE ran out the clock.

MESSAGES->author
West Brom Warrior (IP Logged)
31 January, 2018 18:55
Fiver normally they are amazing the Patriots but they have been starting games slowly and in the championship match they had to come from 10 down again. They could do with stepping up the offensive line play to block the rushing defenders from getting to Brady so much.

w4rriorz1980
w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
31 January, 2018 20:30
Quote:
Villages12
11 minutes of action play
12 minutes of replays

I'll be watching some paint dry.
Couldn't agree more.

Patgadd
Patgadd (IP Logged)
02 February, 2018 16:15
You don't have to be in complete agreement with it to find this view of the Superbowl amusing.

hairyicecream
wusstawizard (IP Logged)
02 February, 2018 19:50
Eagles fan and former Philadelphia resident, so I'll certainly be watching and cheering on the birds! Let's just hope Brady, Belichick and co refrain from cheating this year...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net