rugbyunion
Latest News:
We are The Warriors! The Mighty Worcester Warriors!

This message board is for all things Warriors' and Rugby.
When posting please be aware that posts may be read by youngsters and respect other posters.
Click Here for the Message Board Rules

A38
Haskell
A38 (IP Logged)
31 January, 2018 09:02
Article in The Times this morning saying that although still in the England squad Wasps are not offering him a new contract and that London Irish are the only Premiership club who might be / are interested. Not playing in England would jeopardise his England career.

Not for a moment suggesting that Worcester should be interested. In fact, if one takes the article at face value, Worcester have shown no interest. There is one telling sentence in the article which might be relevant to Worcester - and the Premiership as a whole: "The issue for Haskell is that most clubs have already done their transfer business for next season, even if they have not yet announced it".

On a pedantic note I am assuming that "transfer business" is in the rugby sense (i.e. at the end of contracts) rather than in the soccer sense (i.e.mid contract).

A38
Re: Haskell
A38 (IP Logged)
31 January, 2018 09:03
Sorry, duplicated.

Ronster
Drahm for England (IP Logged)
31 January, 2018 09:04
So who gets the Le Roux then, you or I?!?!

A38
A38 (IP Logged)
31 January, 2018 09:04
Triplicated. My answer to having in here? Would far rather spend (limited?) money on the front 5.

MESSAGES->author
Faithful_City (IP Logged)
31 January, 2018 09:09
3 within 30 secs.

Now what do we call that?

A Le Rouxíd Le Roux.

JP

MESSAGES->author
West Brom Warrior (IP Logged)
31 January, 2018 09:11
Personally I would sign him for us I think he could be a leader in the squad replacing DOC, Spencer, Jackson etc. I accept many don't like his off field antics so will always be a divisive player but he is a good player

B-road
31 January, 2018 09:13
No

Emphursis
Emphursis (IP Logged)
31 January, 2018 09:22
Definitely worth it. Heís a popular player, would bring experience and leadership to the forwards - donít forget itís not so long ago he was player of the series in Australia despite missing a game with injury.

By off field antics, I assume you mean him joking around on Facebook/Instagram? I donít see a problem with that, if anything itíd widen the profile of the club and potentially make it more attractive to others.

Whispering_Death
Whispering_Death (IP Logged)
31 January, 2018 10:15
How would he not make our squad better! We are the second worst squad in the league, letís get real!

WorcesterSauce
WorcesterSauce (IP Logged)
31 January, 2018 10:51
Been discussed before - no fhanks. Comes across terribly and think it would put fans off supporting us.

MESSAGES->author
31 January, 2018 10:53
Would you rather he went to Bristol and we had to play against him.

JP

WorcesterSauce
31 January, 2018 11:02
Yes

Ake1985
Ake1985 (IP Logged)
31 January, 2018 11:12
if his wages weren't to high I would definitely have him!!

How could we not want a player of his experience and quality. Think he'd be an asset. Not a massive fan of all the social media stuff, but it can only raise our profile really...We don't have a huge presence on social media

Southstand(again)
Southstand(again) (IP Logged)
31 January, 2018 11:15
Doesn't need thinking about ... Isn't he Owen Farrell's best mate ? (Sm14)

usa warrior
usa warrior (IP Logged)
31 January, 2018 11:25
I'm with Ake here. IF the money was reasonable I'd say yes.

That would also have to coincide with one or two leaving from our flanks though as I'm not sure he is a step rise over Lewis or Mama.

AJWarriors
AJWarriors (IP Logged)
31 January, 2018 11:30
I agree on the above. Iíd have him on lesser wages and we need a captain or another leader in the group for next year. Still pretty young so we could get 2 more years out of him and would add quality depth to our back row

A38
A38 (IP Logged)
31 January, 2018 11:45
Not sure. But the feeble point I was trying to make in the original post was that even though Haskell must have been offered by his agent(s) around the Premiership there has been no interest - by implication - from Worcester. That's if the article is accurate. So unless anything has changed I don't expect him to arrive.

A38
A38 (IP Logged)
31 January, 2018 11:48
For the record. Confirmed leaving Wasps:-

[www.wasps.co.uk]

MESSAGES->author
Fiver (IP Logged)
31 January, 2018 12:30
Quote:
A38
Not sure. But the feeble point I was trying to make in the original post was that even though Haskell must have been offered by his agent(s) around the Premiership there has been no interest - by implication - from Worcester. That's if the article is accurate. So unless anything has changed I don't expect him to arrive.

Maybe we already have a load of amazing signings lined up for a press release just before the new season tickets are announced?

gmem
Garym (IP Logged)
31 January, 2018 12:32
Isnít this the same as Teo, only wants a club to furtherhis international aspirations and we all know how Worcester fans like that as a ploy. My answer is the same as it had always been - no thanks

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
31 January, 2018 12:33
For me the self appointed Archbishop of Banterbury can take his staff and stuff it.

FlipFlop
FlipFlop (IP Logged)
31 January, 2018 12:52
No, followed by No! and a subsequent NO! under any circumstances.

Ake1985
Ake1985 (IP Logged)
31 January, 2018 13:04
Are people saying no for his playing ability or just the fact he seems a bit annoying off the pitch?

A backrow of Haskell, Lewis and Denton with Mama/cox/gj on the bench seems pretty good to Me.

MESSAGES->author
31 January, 2018 13:13
Would he come as his pension builder as per several others have done? If so rather not have him.

JP

backrow
backrow (IP Logged)
31 January, 2018 13:14
As had his day ,pay days to come from T.V. , Strictly Come Dancing , Big Brother , In The Jungle, Being A Plonker on your Box , good luck Mr Haskell (Sm20)

Latecomer
Latecomer (IP Logged)
31 January, 2018 13:22
Quote:
TeflonTed
For me the self appointed Archbishop of Banterbury can take his staff and stuff it.

Classic piece of forum debate Ted !! Love it (Sm22)

Jim O't
Jim O't (IP Logged)
31 January, 2018 13:42
Interesting comments.

Interesting that people think that we are in a position to dismiss a player with top tier premiership, international and lions experience. All because you don't agree with his social media use.

He would be an excellent player to give his experience on the pack. He has bite, something that the pack will be lacking with Spencer gone.

The publicity he would create for the club would be great, he has a young fan base and could generate more supporters. No publicity is bad publicity. Whether you agree with his humour or not.

He's a bit of a Jeremy Clarkson, the youth think he's great, saga club don't.

Sutton Warrior
Sutton Warrior (IP Logged)
31 January, 2018 14:06
Mixed views on this. Have always thought of him as talented but obnoxious and brand obsessed ( his brand mainly). Undoubtedly a good player - viz Australia 18 months ago - but never quite achieved all he could have done due to getting too bulky. Has belief and strength - at the right price a good buy with a point to prove.

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
31 January, 2018 14:10
I like Jeremy Clarkson.

WorcesterSauce
31 January, 2018 15:03
Not sure i could actually support him. As for the youth liking him... really? All the people i go to rugby with hate the way he conducts himself and they are generally young.

I'm not denying he's a good player, but that's not the be all and end all. He's not good enough to overshadow his off field antics and the fact that he'd only be coming to us for a pay check.

Ronster
Drahm for England (IP Logged)
31 January, 2018 15:08
What about moving Denton to lock and playing Haskell in his place? Might work...

Villages12
Villages12 (IP Logged)
31 January, 2018 15:10
Why would we want a player that Wasps don't want if we are trying to achieve more ?

Surely we should be looking for talented newcomers.

dkexile
dkexile (IP Logged)
31 January, 2018 15:38
Quote:
Drahm for England
What about moving Denton to lock and playing Haskell in his place? Might work...

No, don't do it, Denton looks his best in the backrow, let's keep him there and get a lock or two in.

I agree with whispering death, if he's fit and healthy it's crazy not to think he'd improve our squad.

Offa
Offa (IP Logged)
31 January, 2018 16:18
He clearly divides opinion.
I can't help but like him, and would have him in a heartbeat. Of course he would improve us. I appreciate that Wasps have let him go, but we are fishing in very different waters. I suspect that he would be the life and soul of any dressing room.
However, our priorities are in the front 5, a kicker and a 10. That is where our money needs to go.

MESSAGES->author
Fiver (IP Logged)
31 January, 2018 17:16
I agree with the sensible people. Wasps are looking to win the league, we are looking for mid table. Some might argue that Haskell is a posh lad, and thus dislike him (guess who I'm thinking of).

Some moan that DOC is leaving, with that wealth of test caps and Lions experience, but don't want Haskell with his test caps and, er, let me think, oh yes, Lions experience. Haskell is also somewhat younger than DOC and still on the edge of the England team. He's also, so I'm led to believe, popular in the dressing room (I'll admit I've not been there to confirm this).

Tell you what, let's base our recruitment policy around who you like watching on chat shows. That's the way to run recruitment.

w4rriorz1980
w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
31 January, 2018 17:17
Think Denton maybe a little short for lock.At least he's good in the lineout.

WorcesterSauce
31 January, 2018 17:25
Quote:
Fiver
I agree with the sensible people. Wasps are looking to win the league, we are looking for mid table. Some might argue that Haskell is a posh lad, and thus dislike him (guess who I'm thinking of).
Some moan that DOC is leaving, with that wealth of test caps and Lions experience, but don't want Haskell with his test caps and, er, let me think, oh yes, Lions experience. Haskell is also somewhat younger than DOC and still on the edge of the England team. He's also, so I'm led to believe, popular in the dressing room (I'll admit I've not been there to confirm this).

Tell you what, let's base our recruitment policy around who you like watching on chat shows. That's the way to run recruitment.

Who said anything about him being posh? This has nothing to do with that, just the fact he comes across as a tw@t who i dont really want associated with my club in any way, no matter how good he may be.

MESSAGES->author
Fiver (IP Logged)
31 January, 2018 17:30
Always like to lob in a juicy lure every now and again (Sm157)

worcestawarrior
worcestawarrior (IP Logged)
31 January, 2018 18:09
He'll end up in Coventry with all the other big names

backrow
backrow (IP Logged)
31 January, 2018 18:44
Just think if he ends up at the Warriors you might end up sat next to his maybe inlaws, Richard and Judy, now hands up who wants that, J.P. is that your hand ? (Sm152)

Warrior7
Warrior7 (IP Logged)
01 February, 2018 12:07
I'd take him, he would improve the squad with experience and international level physicality. Why not? Just because he may be a bit annoying on social media, just don't follow him there then?

If he plays well in a Worcester shirt and has time for the fans (which he does appear to at Wasps) then you can't really complain.

w4rriorz1980
w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
01 February, 2018 12:18
I'm with the "I'd have him" camp for reasons expressed.

Warr-i-ors!
Warr-i-ors! (IP Logged)
01 February, 2018 18:35
Bristol linked to him and with all the cash they have heíll probably end up there over Sixways.

Iíd have him in a heartbeat, again, for all the reasons quoted.

Supporters are very fickle. Those who seem to passionately dislike him would soon change their minds when he put in a few MOTM performances.

If we can get him, we should.

Underdog
Underdog (IP Logged)
02 February, 2018 07:06
Has there been even the slightest rumour that we're in for him?

I'd take him in a heart beat but unfortunately I don't think he'd come to us over Bristol, say.

usa warrior
usa warrior (IP Logged)
02 February, 2018 07:11
None that I've seen, but most teams forums are currently speculating about his future.

I don't actually believe he'll come here - Bristol would pay more no doubt and I don't think we need him personally. That's not to say that he would be a bad signing however.

gmem
Garym (IP Logged)
02 February, 2018 07:13
My view is that he does not care what club he goes to, so long as he still gets picked for England. I ask again what is the difference between this snd Teo?

usa warrior
usa warrior (IP Logged)
02 February, 2018 07:24
It would be naive to think that there weren't quite a lot of players in the league who didn't have a burning love for their clubs. Unfortunately it is a professional game and, particularly clubs like ours, are seen as vehicles by some players.

I don't doubt for a minute that Haskell would get stuck in and become a figurehead within the club in a very positive way, which would be in very much a different manner to Teo.

MESSAGES->author
02 February, 2018 08:41
Quote:
Garym
My view is that he does not care what club he goes to, so long as he still gets picked for England. I ask again what is the difference between this snd Teo?

He has been dropped by England so must play well for his club to get back in the squad. Personally I want both Te'o and Haskell at the club next season it would be great however I don't think Haskell has a cat in hells chance of getting back in the England squad so he may well take one last pay day in France or Japan.

dkexile
dkexile (IP Logged)
02 February, 2018 09:40
Quote:
West Brom Warrior
Quote:
Garym

He has been dropped by England so must play well for his club to get back in the squad. Personally I want both Te'o and Haskell at the club next season it would be great however I don't think Haskell has a cat in hells chance of getting back in the England squad so he may well take one last pay day in France or Japan.

Haskell is only out due to being banned as far as I'm aware, I'd be amazed if he doesn't make the world cup squad if he's playing in England, Eddie Jones loves experience it seems to me.

MESSAGES->author
02 February, 2018 09:50
He didn't play in the autumn internationals when he was fit and Jones said he was not playing well enough

dkexile
dkexile (IP Logged)
02 February, 2018 09:56
Shame that doesn't seem to apply to Hartley.

kiddykid
kiddykid (IP Logged)
02 February, 2018 10:42
Should we run a book on him rocking up at Brizzle? Money will not be a problem seemingly.

Blue&GoldWarrior
Blue&GoldWarrior (IP Logged)
02 February, 2018 11:52
On the "Don't like him so don't want him" point how many people liked Andy Goode when he played for other clubs? Did a pretty decent job here and a similar marmite player

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
02 February, 2018 15:34
Quote:
dkexile
Eddie Jones loves experience it seems to me.

Is that why he continues to ignore Alex Goode, and to a lesser extent, Cips?

dkexile
dkexile (IP Logged)
02 February, 2018 15:45
Quote:
TeflonTed
Quote:
dkexile
Eddie Jones loves experience it seems to me.

Is that why he continues to ignore Alex Goode, and to a lesser extent, Cips?

International playing experience is what I meant rather than merely age.

He said something about wanting nearly every player in a world cup starting 15 having 50 caps.

Goode has been poor for England to often and cipriani is never going to get ahead of ford and Farrell.

w4rriorz1980
w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
06 February, 2018 23:46
According to www.ruck.co.uk the Bristol Post have said Bristol are not signing Haskell,Saints are the leading contenders as he lives in Daventry but we are also in the frame.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net