rugbyunion
Latest News:
We are The Warriors! The Mighty Worcester Warriors!

This message board is for all things Warriors' and Rugby.
When posting please be aware that posts may be read by youngsters and respect other posters.
Click Here for the Message Board Rules

woodywuss
Josh debut for Wales.
woodywuss (IP Logged)
31 January, 2018 09:53
Interesting piece about Josh and his classmates in Wales Online. Sorry not techie enough to do the link.

MESSAGES->author
Re: Josh debut for Wales - Not a Le Roux
ARFC Warrior (IP Logged)
31 January, 2018 12:08
Link to Article

[www.walesonline.co.uk]

woodywuss
Re: Josh debut for Wales.
woodywuss (IP Logged)
31 January, 2018 12:24
Thanks for that. He may regret some of those early pictures though.Some of his Wuss teammates might be photoshopping as we speak!

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
31 January, 2018 12:29
Good article and video.

There’ll be some tears at around 12 minutes past 2 on Saturday, and it won’t just be his mum and dad crying!

Brummagem Bertie
Brummagem Bertie (IP Logged)
31 January, 2018 20:45
This was encouraging, given recent speculation,

Quote:
Article
Adams admits he has a big decision to make over his future when his current contract at Worcester comes to an end after next season.
But that’s for another day.

Whatever you do, do it safely!

centrethere
centrethere (IP Logged)
31 January, 2018 21:15
told to go and get the ball in hand - if he does so, can't wait to watch

FlipFlop
FlipFlop (IP Logged)
31 January, 2018 22:35
Spencer was undecided. I’ll not hang my hopes on the article as evidence Josh will stick around. He’ll get a buzz from this weekend which will be hard to resist. However, week in week out at RP is not quite so glamorous.

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
01 February, 2018 00:01
My spies tell me it won’t be RP.

MESSAGES->author
Faithful_City (IP Logged)
01 February, 2018 08:21
Llanelli would seem the most likely.

JP

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
01 February, 2018 09:56
On the face of it I agree. But there’s a bit of history for Josh there, which may make things less than comfortable. I’m hearing that Ospreys may be “encouraged” by the WRU to offer him a berth, but that all depends on his 6N showing. It may be seen as a season too early, and that he’d be best left at Wuss for another year.

I can only imagine the local politics that are going on. Swansea and Llanelli are close enough, and in terms of rugby you could say there’s a bit of history! I was brought up pretty well smack between the two places, and you could say Rugby is of passing interest down there.

All Valley driven hot air of course, it’s easy to get “informed opinion” from folks in South Wales where the game is concerned, and everybody knows someone who knows for sure!

Freypal
Freypal (IP Logged)
01 February, 2018 11:21
If north ends up back at the scarlets I can't see them being interested in Josh as they already have steff Evans. Cardiff have ruled out north on the grounds they're happy with their backs so Josh won't be going there. That leaves the dragons and ospreys.

Ospreys would be a much better bet than the dragons.

MESSAGES->author
Fiver (IP Logged)
01 February, 2018 11:32
I would base my prediction on the following; Josh still has a year on his contract and can be selected for Wales based on this contract. Therefore, there is no need for him to end it early. It would appear that only the Dragons have any money in order to buy out Josh's contract. The buy out is no longer governed by current salary, therefore we would now be in the position of bargaining based on Josh being an international player, as opposed to a junior squad member.

As such, I'd be surprised if he moved on before the end of his contract. Hopefully, in this time the WRU will change their ruling which would enable Josh to stay with us. Fingers crossed.

Freypal
Freypal (IP Logged)
01 February, 2018 11:48
Unfortunately this won't change whilst gatland is in charge. And he is contracted until the end of 2019 RWC which takes us into the season that Josh is out of contract.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net