rugbyunion
Latest News:
Come On You Warriors!

This message board is for all things Warriors' and Rugby.
When posting please be aware that posts may be read by youngsters and respect other posters.
Click Here for the Message Board Rules

MESSAGES->author
Josh
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
03 February, 2018 15:51
Wales 34. Scotland 7 So much for the Scotland fanciers.

A very solid start by Josh to his international career. Several positive mentions by the commentary team, several cracking attacking moves, 2/3 crunching tackles, and no obvious errors. Delighted for him!

And he held back the tears at anthem time.......just.

NW2
Re: Josh
NW2 (IP Logged)
03 February, 2018 16:03
The boy done good! (Sm152)

woodywuss
woodywuss (IP Logged)
03 February, 2018 16:18
Well done Josh.Solid,steady debut.

SOUTHSTANDWARRIOR
SOUTHSTANDWARRIOR (IP Logged)
03 February, 2018 17:00
Felt like a proud father watching my boy playing for 1st 15 at School!

Lump in my throat when the Camera focussed on him during the Anthems!

Great debut.

Moyles
Moyles (IP Logged)
03 February, 2018 17:04
Quote:
SOUTHSTANDWARRIOR

Great debut.

Exactly how I felt and completely agree.

MacWarrior
MacWarrior (IP Logged)
03 February, 2018 17:21
I am a hugely patriotic Scot but found myself more interested in how Josh was getting on rather than Scotland, on another day he might have got a couple of tries. Like Moyles and Southstand, very proud well done Josh!

FlipFlop
FlipFlop (IP Logged)
03 February, 2018 18:23
Heís done well today and dudnít Look out of place. The whole day is unlikely to persuade him to sign a new contract at Worcester as this will be too big a thing to turn down. Letís hope we get the remainder of his contract fulfilled before he does decide to return home under the bizarre rules that ensure he must, if he is to keep international aspirations. Maybe Prem rules need to be changed tiring home nation players to a minimum of 5 years in the Prem ( not necessarily at the same club) before they can return home?

OverTheBoarder
OverTheBorder (IP Logged)
03 February, 2018 18:33
Quote:
Moyles
Quote:
SOUTHSTANDWARRIOR

Great debut.

Exactly how I felt and completely agree.

Couldn't help but feel the same.

Sheldon
Sheldon (IP Logged)
03 February, 2018 21:25
Yep thought he did really well and looked like he was every inch an Intenational

A pity halfpenny didn't need him on the outside for both tries

10 players from the same team really added to the cohesion and team spirit

I suspect North may have to wait a bit

MESSAGES->author
Fiver (IP Logged)
03 February, 2018 23:43
Just watched the game, Josh did very well, looked every bit worth his place. So nice to see a debut where nerves didn't come into play, looked just like he does for Worcester.

Southstand(again)
Southstand(again) (IP Logged)
04 February, 2018 08:21
Thought Josh looked solid rather than spectacular. Definitely didn't look out of place though, but whether he will get the nod over North with WG's track record on selection ?

Loved the initiative on crooked feeds. Hated the appeals from the nines to the ref thereafter.

Scotland made a positive start but their lack of a plan B had been worked out well before kick-off.

Denton to come in next game

AJWarriors
AJWarriors (IP Logged)
04 February, 2018 11:03
Iíd agree on that Southstand. I think Josh did his future representation no harm,but I can see George North coming in at some point. Definitely worth a bench impact sub spot though,due to the different positions he can play. He could have had a dream debut if Halfpenny gave him at least one opportunity.

As for Denton,after watching that game last night I wasnít impressed with the Scottish back row one bit. After me banging on about us signing Du Preez,he didnít exactly do anything and I canít remember seeing him carry once. Denton is definitely better in that position thatís for sure

kiddykid
kiddykid (IP Logged)
04 February, 2018 11:23
I too thought he had a solid game and also that Halfpenny could have passed to him for what was his second try. Still, that's the way it goes.
I know it has been covered in previous threads, but, can someone explain to me how Gatland's Law works. Apparently, unless you have earned over 60 caps you have to be playing your rugby in Wales. So, Josh plays his rugby in England .....but gets picked. This seems to me to be "have your cake and eat it" from Gatland, like, 'this is what I think but when it's convenient I will ignore my own rule and pick whoever I like' - or have I missed something here?

Brummagem Bertie
Brummagem Bertie (IP Logged)
04 February, 2018 11:31
Quote:
kiddykid
I too thought he had a solid game and also that Halfpenny could have passed to him for what was his second try. Still, that's the way it goes.
I know it has been covered in previous threads, but, can someone explain to me how Gatland's Law works. Apparently, unless you have earned over 60 caps you have to be playing your rugby in Wales. So, Josh plays his rugby in England .....but gets picked. This seems to me to be "have your cake and eat it" from Gatland, like, 'this is what I think but when it's convenient I will ignore my own rule and pick whoever I like' - or have I missed something here?

You've missed something.

The "play in Wales unless over 60 caps" only covers current internationals. New caps only have to play in Wales once their current contract expires.

Whatever you do, do it safely!

Ake1985
Ake1985 (IP Logged)
04 February, 2018 12:33
My favourite part of the coverage is that we finally got to see some Warriors (albeit Josh' s) highlights on the BBC!

w4rriorz1980
w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
04 February, 2018 15:07
Quote:
Brummagem Bertie
Quote:
kiddykid

You've missed something.

The "play in Wales unless over 60 caps" only covers current internationals. New caps only have to play in Wales once their current contract expires.
Would it be classed as exploiting a loophole if we got Josh on a new contract or contract extension?

Brummagem Bertie
Brummagem Bertie (IP Logged)
04 February, 2018 17:17
Too late now he's made his debut.

He's ok to stay with us and play with Wales until the end of his current contract next summer, but will have to return to Wales if he wants to play for them after then.

Unless he's already signed something but it hasn't been announced, which I doubt.

Whatever you do, do it safely!

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
04 February, 2018 19:13
Or Gatlandís Law gets reviewed.

FlipFlop
FlipFlop (IP Logged)
04 February, 2018 20:05
Unlikely to be reviewed though eh TT? They have a rule that can stop players Ďstrayingí from the Principality unless they no longer harbour Int caps. Not likely to change it are they for International or Pro 14 reasons i expect.

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
04 February, 2018 22:07
Iíd have thought that the only thing we can be certain about is change, donít really expect it to be soon enough to save Josh for us however, but change it will.

Sheldon
Sheldon (IP Logged)
06 February, 2018 11:57
Back in again ahead of North and Williams!

MSR-Worcester
MSR-Worcester (IP Logged)
06 February, 2018 12:00
Great news! Personally am a bit surprised with the return of those two but to have another chance is brilliant.

FlipFlop
FlipFlop (IP Logged)
06 February, 2018 12:25
Good luck to him for being picked, but for purely English reasons, i hope he gets no where near the ball or the try line.

w4rriorz1980
w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
06 February, 2018 14:32
Just belatedly watched the Wales v Scotland highlights and realised it easily could've been Josh with two tries! He was outside Halfpenny for his brace.

I'd like him to score against England but England get the win.

Eco Warrior
Eco Warrior (IP Logged)
06 February, 2018 15:37
Sorry, when Josh is wearing a Welsh shirt I don't want him or any one else wearing a Welsh shirt to score when they're playing against England. BUT when he's playing for Worcester I want him to score often, carry loads and tackle like a man possessed.

w4rriorz1980
w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
10 February, 2018 20:23
Wow! Did you see Josh Adams catch Jonny May up for JM's try?! The speed of the guy is phenomenal as we know!

FlipFlop
FlipFlop (IP Logged)
10 February, 2018 22:00
Didnít stop the try though unlike Mr S Underhill. Top drawer try saving tackle.

For the record, get your try scoring bootson now Josh.....

w4rriorz1980
w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
10 February, 2018 22:07
Sam Underhill's try saving tackle was immense!

centrethere
centrethere (IP Logged)
10 February, 2018 22:17
Didn't quite click for Josh today. He should have been passed to a couple more times, but seemed the trust wasn't quite there. Hope that comes out in the Gatland analysis as Josh appeared a team player and good enough again.

MacWarrior
MacWarrior (IP Logged)
10 February, 2018 22:51
Josh had very little ball today and I think will be replaced by North for the next few games, good experience for him though and did OK.

centrethere
centrethere (IP Logged)
10 February, 2018 22:54
Yes, reckon he may be the fall guy, but not not deserved. Hope Gatland sticks with him

MacWarrior
MacWarrior (IP Logged)
10 February, 2018 23:00
I agree cenrethere, I watched him closely throughout the game and he just never seemed to be passed the ball, shame .

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
11 February, 2018 09:08
1/2P mentored him superbly throughout the Scottish game. Never stopped talking to him. He missed that.

Donít think he can be criticised for much yesterday, unlike the various guilty parties who thought it was a good idea to feed Mike Brown practice catches all,game long.

Warrior1988
BromsgroveBeat87 (IP Logged)
17 February, 2018 23:41
No-one has mentioned that Josh became the first Warrior to hit 10 tries in a prem season. Great effort even if Mills handed him an easy one today!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 17/02/2018 23:43 by BromsgroveBeat87.

MESSAGES->author
Fiver (IP Logged)
18 February, 2018 08:48
Most winger's tries are pretty easy, we only remember the tricky ones, of which Josh has notched up a few this season (Welford Road and Irish spring to mind). Still got to be there to finish them off.

Southstand(again)
Southstand(again) (IP Logged)
18 February, 2018 09:21
Quote:
BromsgroveBeat87
No-one has mentioned that Josh became the first Warrior to hit 10 tries in a prem season. Great effort even if Mills handed him an easy one today!

Josh's record try ? sorry thought it had been mentioned (Sm141)

MESSAGES->author
Abberley (IP Logged)
18 February, 2018 09:48
Quote:
Southstand(again)

Josh's record try ? sorry thought it had been mentioned (Sm141)

Worthy of a new phrase being coined?

'Reverse Le Roux' doesn't quite do it.

Patgadd
Patgadd (IP Logged)
18 February, 2018 10:10
xuorel

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
18 February, 2018 10:13
Properly should be ďLe Roux inversť.Ē
But I prefer Patís idea.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net