rugbyunion
Latest News:
We are The Warriors! The Mighty Worcester Warriors!

This message board is for all things Warriors' and Rugby.
When posting please be aware that posts may be read by youngsters and respect other posters.
Click Here for the Message Board Rules

w4rriorz1980
Sexton
w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
03 February, 2018 18:36
Wow! Turgid game from what I saw but great drop goal to win the match!

As an England fan probably wanted Ireland to lose as it'll be them pushing us for the title IMHO.But it's France.Only cheer for them if they're playing the AB's.

woodywuss
Re: Sexton
woodywuss (IP Logged)
03 February, 2018 19:16
Justice really,more shenanigans with the HIA. Nigel Owens put in an impossible position when it comes from match doctor.

MESSAGES->author
Abberley (IP Logged)
03 February, 2018 19:22
https://static1.squarespace.com/static/5447f19ee4b0f74348a6fd44/54480736e4b02c1dc6804dd4/57e2bfea893fc020992387b0/1500701666478/Knee+Brain+X-Ray+Final.jpg?format=300w

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
03 February, 2018 21:16
Yes, Nigel clearly knew it was a con but couldnít challenge it. I thought his words were very clever, and will form the basis for a background investigation at the very least.

I donít expect weíll ever be told.

Eternal optimist
Eternal optimist (IP Logged)
04 February, 2018 08:31
Quote:
TeflonTed
Yes, Nigel clearly knew it was a con but couldnít challenge it. I thought his words were very clever, and will form the basis for a background investigation at the very least.
I donít expect weíll ever be told.

My real concern here Ted is the potential undermining of the whole HIA principal, which after all isnít there for player welfare.

Sutton Warrior
Sutton Warrior (IP Logged)
05 February, 2018 13:25
EO - I am sure you meant to say that the HIA is for player welfare. When the france 10 went down it looked at full speed like a head injury - and it it may have been it was just that his knee was worse. Just a thought

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
05 February, 2018 13:40
SW, disagree. The whole point of the several re-plays was to show that it was a knee injury. There was no clash of heads, and no grounding of his head ashe landed.

The French were cheating, in order to get the best replacement possible back on the pitch, and Nigel Owen suspected as much but was powerless to override the French doctor.

Next step is obvious. We have neutral match officials, inasmuch as doctors can now influence the game significantly, we need neutral doctors.

B-road
05 February, 2018 14:46
I don't think Ireland trying to get a man advantage due to a serious injury was a good look either. Even if they were technically right (assuming there was no head injury).

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
05 February, 2018 16:42
Absolutely, two wrongs donít make a right. But France would have been allowed to bring on a sub, just not the one they wanted.

Freypal
Freypal (IP Logged)
05 February, 2018 17:43
Similar to the farce last year in Paris vs Wales with the prop going off after umpteen scrums. Which landed France a mere slap on the wrist.

OverTheBoarder
OverTheBorder (IP Logged)
05 February, 2018 19:24
Bloodgate scandal all over again. Harder to prove, however needs full investigation to prevent it becoming the norm at all levels.

Eternal optimist
Eternal optimist (IP Logged)
05 February, 2018 19:37
I have. O problem with the Fly half during the first half as 8 thought there was potential for a head injury and therefore the HIA should of course be followed.
My concern was the incident with the scrum half at the end where there was no obvious head impact.

A38
A38 (IP Logged)
06 February, 2018 09:24
The Times this morning suggests that it was a NZ assistant referee who warned about a potential HI in one of these cases and that an independent doctor made the decision to subject the two players to HIAs. The independent doctor, Giles Garet, is vice president of the medical committee of the FFR. His decision overrules that of the match referee who had no choice in the matter.

This though is not the end of the story as the two decisions are being referred to the head injury assessment panel as part of World Rugby's two step process.

Owen Slot in the same paper suggests that the incidents may make the game look foolish but because concussion is potentially so serious everyone involved was desperately keen to do the right thing.

So, in short, we will hear more about both the incidents and the topic of concussion as the year progresses.

For my part, I come back yet again to the question of rucks where torpedo head first diving to clear opponents off the ball is becoming commonplace. Whilst I am on the subject of rucks, and breakdowns generally, why are players allowed to tackle each other when the ball is a way away. I know they are cancelling each other out but...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net