rugbyunion
Latest News:
Come On You Warriors!

This message board is for all things Warriors' and Rugby.
When posting please be aware that posts may be read by youngsters and respect other posters.
Click Here for the Message Board Rules


Patgadd
OT I don't understand...
Patgadd (IP Logged)
03 February, 2018 21:46
Sunny Jim arranged for the Bryan Adams concert, and it was advertised well in advance. I'm sure our new dynamic MD Gus McKay has also been busy, but I haven't yet seen any advertising for the Stones, U2 or even Jedward. Are we to assume that there has been some delay in producing the adverts?

 
FlipFlop
Re: OT I don't understand...
FlipFlop (IP Logged)
03 February, 2018 22:43
Cmon Pat, you know Gus is a man of few words.....sometimes none.

 
MESSAGES->author
Re: OT I don't understand...
Fiver (IP Logged)
03 February, 2018 23:47
I've heard Gus is too busy doing everyone else's job.

 
WorcesterSauce
Re: OT I don't understand...
WorcesterSauce (IP Logged)
04 February, 2018 00:55
He'a coming across pretty terribly, to be honest.

 
Eastrrr Bunny
Re: OT I don't understand...
Eastrrr Bunny (IP Logged)
04 February, 2018 06:44
Gus creevy went home😂



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/02/2018 06:45 by Eastrrr Bunny.

 
MESSAGES->author
Re: OT I don't understand...
West Brom Warrior (IP Logged)
04 February, 2018 19:15
Patgadd while clearly a childish comment none of those will be playing at Worcester as Jedward can get 20k at a concert and U2 and the Rolling Stones could sell out knebworth every day of the week. I do wonder what the concert promoter made of Sixways as a venue overall however.

 
Moyles
Re: OT I don't understand...
Moyles (IP Logged)
04 February, 2018 19:22
Quote:
Patgadd
Sunny Jim arranged for the Bryan Adams concert, and it was advertised well in advance. I'm sure our new dynamic MD Gus McKay has also been busy, but I haven't yet seen any advertising for the Stones, U2 or even Jedward. Are we to assume that there has been some delay in producing the adverts?

Cannot believe I have lost 3 minutes of my life reading this and trying to understand its relevance.
Waste of my data allowance.

 
Patgadd
Re: OT I don't understand...
Patgadd (IP Logged)
04 February, 2018 20:07
Quote:
Moyles
Quote:
Patgadd
Sunny Jim arranged for the Bryan Adams concert, and it was advertised well in advance. I'm sure our new dynamic MD Gus McKay has also been busy, but I haven't yet seen any advertising for the Stones, U2 or even Jedward. Are we to assume that there has been some delay in producing the adverts?

Cannot believe I have lost 3 minutes of my life reading this and trying to understand its relevance.
Waste of my data allowance.

I took you three minutes to read that 10 second post?

 
Eastrrr Bunny
Re: OT I don't understand...
Eastrrr Bunny (IP Logged)
04 February, 2018 20:45
I wonder how long it took to type?

 
WorcesterSauce
Re: OT I don't understand...
WorcesterSauce (IP Logged)
04 February, 2018 21:09
Quote:
Moyles
Quote:
Patgadd
Sunny Jim arranged for the Bryan Adams concert, and it was advertised well in advance. I'm sure our new dynamic MD Gus McKay has also been busy, but I haven't yet seen any advertising for the Stones, U2 or even Jedward. Are we to assume that there has been some delay in producing the adverts?

Cannot believe I have lost 3 minutes of my life reading this and trying to understand its relevance.
Waste of my data allowance.

Hahaha

 
backrow
Re: OT I don't understand...
backrow (IP Logged)
04 February, 2018 21:30
Was told that The Spice Girls are coming backed by The Royal Scots Dragoons must be something to do with the S.R.F.U. taking over Sixways. (Sm161)

 
MESSAGES->author
Re: OT I don't understand...
Faithful_City (IP Logged)
05 February, 2018 07:54
Keep the fun coming PG

JP

 
MESSAGES->author
Re: OT I don't understand...
Abberley (IP Logged)
05 February, 2018 08:14
Surely it's down to uncertainty over ownership?

No international stars are going to sign up for a major gig only to turn up on the day to discover Sixways had been turned into a housing estate.

 
ROLLO on tour
Re: OT I don't understand...
ROLLO (IP Logged)
05 February, 2018 08:41
I think that you can be too subtle on occasions for this forum Patgadd.

 
MESSAGES->author
Re: OT I don't understand...
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
05 February, 2018 08:55
The only form of subtlety in which PG engages is trouser colour.

Incidentally, since JP has now given us a new form of acronym for the aforementioned colourfully
belegged colleague, if and when he posts any forecasts or predictions we can all enjoy some PG Tips.

 
MESSAGES->author
Re: OT I don't understand...
Faithful_City (IP Logged)
05 February, 2018 10:11
Love it TT(Sm48)

 
ROLLO on tour
Re: OT I don't understand...
ROLLO (IP Logged)
05 February, 2018 10:19
Lets hope that it dosn't concern the Bath winger Quick Brew!

 
Patgadd
Re: OT I don't understand...
Patgadd (IP Logged)
05 February, 2018 10:33
By the bye, talking of colourful clothing, I was in a certain nightclub at the weekend and was able to take a quick snap on my phone of - guess who? None other than ROLLO, who does not confine himself to purple trousers, at least at weekends...

 
MESSAGES->author
Re: OT I don't understand...
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
05 February, 2018 11:29
What on earth were you two doing in a nightclub.....gone in to collect one of the grandchildren?

 
FlipFlop
Re: OT I don't understand...
FlipFlop (IP Logged)
05 February, 2018 12:51
TT,

You sound a bit piqued at not having had an invite from your buddies to visit Annabels with Andy Goode(Sm100)

 
Abmatt
Re: OT I don't understand...
Abmatt (IP Logged)
05 February, 2018 13:23
Quote:
Patgadd
By the bye, talking of colourful clothing, I was in a certain nightclub at the weekend and was able to take a quick snap on my phone of - guess who? None other than ROLLO, who does not confine himself to purple trousers, at least at weekends...

Highly unlikely.

 
Patgadd
Re: OT I don't understand...
Patgadd (IP Logged)
05 February, 2018 13:50
The Presidents Club had closed after that business with the waitresses, and one must examine the alternatives. Rollo and I were at that one, while JP and Abberley were checking out the Hellfire Club. Decisions, decisions..

 
MESSAGES->author
Re: OT I don't understand...
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
05 February, 2018 14:24
Quote:
FlipFlop
TT,
You sound a bit piqued at not having had an invite from your buddies to visit Annabels with Andy Goode(Sm100)

Too right!!

 
ROLLO on tour
Re: OT I don't understand...
ROLLO (IP Logged)
05 February, 2018 14:44
I was in The Guards Chapel, Birdcage Walk on Saturday evening for a concert. However I am a bit hazy as to what happened after that .

 
Villages12
Re: OT I don't understand...
Villages12 (IP Logged)
05 February, 2018 16:38
Perhaps putting some perspective on this topic, which is not that much O/T as suggested.

Where is all the income we were supposed to be getting from the artificial pitch ? I don't see a whole list of additional events being advertised ?

 
MESSAGES->author
Re: OT I don't understand...
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
05 February, 2018 16:49
V12 (is he a Ferrari man?) has a good point.

It was July 17 when the Adams concert was held, if there was to be another by this July wed probably know by now, so its looking like once a year max.

Not quite as long ago as the summer of 69 but you know what I mean.

 
MESSAGES->author
Re: OT I don't understand...
knightstemplar (IP Logged)
05 February, 2018 18:18
Quote:
TeflonTed
V12 (is he a Ferrari man?) has a good point.
It was July 17 when the Adams concert was held, if there was to be another by this July wed probably know by now, so its looking like once a year max.

Not quite as long ago as the summer of 69 but you know what I mean.

Summer of 69 pre Granada Ghiaing days I assume?

Weren't pg tips advertised by monkeys?!

 
FlipFlop
Re: OT I don't understand...
FlipFlop (IP Logged)
05 February, 2018 20:30
Think DR would be even more peeved at the turf tear up if he were still around, given the lack of use outside of match day purpose. Never mind, im Sure the CEO will brief those attending a TBA Evening with.... about alternative income streams, stadium naming rights, improved communication etc.

 
MESSAGES->author
Re: OT I don't understand...
knightstemplar (IP Logged)
05 February, 2018 21:02
Weren't there age group Internationals? Foreign/International teams using training facilities or did I dream that?

 
A38
Re: OT I don't understand...
A38 (IP Logged)
06 February, 2018 09:31
I'm not in any way speaking for the Sixways management but in the interests of balance I would note that they are currently advertising a comedy night, Mothers' Day lunches and a Dirty Dancing Tribute show.

I seem to remember that the concert last year brought in a net figure of around 70k. It could well be that events such as are now being advertised actually bring in more, net, than a big concert and cause a great deal less disruption.

 
MESSAGES->author
Re: OT I don't understand...
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
07 February, 2018 09:10
Quote:
A38
I'm not in any way speaking for the Sixways management but in the interests of balance I would note that they are currently advertising a comedy night, Mothers' Day lunches and a Dirty Dancing Tribute show.
I seem to remember that the concert last year brought in a net figure of around 70k. It could well be that events such as are now being advertised actually bring in more, net, than a big concert and cause a great deal less disruption.

Agreed, but those functions dont use the stadium pitch!.


Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net
 
 

Who is online?

Total users online:  

Most users online:  

Users on this site:  

Where are they?