rugbyunion
Latest News:
Come On You Warriors!

This message board is for all things Warriors' and Rugby.
When posting please be aware that posts may be read by youngsters and respect other posters.
Click Here for the Message Board Rules

w4rriorz1980
Italy v England
w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
04 February, 2018 15:11
Great start,"Swing Low,Sweet Chariot" outsinging the Iti's!

Shouldn't there have been a yellow for a no arms tackle on Watson?

David Flatman,commentary at its best.

AJWarriors
Re: Italy v England
AJWarriors (IP Logged)
04 February, 2018 15:41
The boys are playing pretty well. Although Brown is solid at 15 I cant see him starting once Daly and Nowell come back into contention. Id like to think a backline of

Youngs
Ford
Farrell
Nowell
Daly
Watson
May

The pace and creativity looks frightening. I like what we are doing with the forwards too. Good skill levels shown by Cole and Mako,but we are a tiny bit loose at the moment,but other than that our strike moves are outstanding and I like the variety

w4rriorz1980
w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
04 February, 2018 15:47
Quote:
AJWarriors
The boys are playing pretty well. Although Brown is solid at 15 I cant see him starting once Daly and Nowell come back into contention. Id like to think a backline of
Youngs
Ford
Farrell
Nowell
Daly
Watson
May

The pace and creativity looks frightening. I like what we are doing with the forwards too. Good skill levels shown by Cole and Mako,but we are a tiny bit loose at the moment,but other than that our strike moves are outstanding and I like the variety
T'eo is conspicuous by his absence in your backline choices.
Agree about Cole and Mako.Props for a while now need to be more mobile and have "more strings to their bow."

AJWarriors
AJWarriors (IP Logged)
04 February, 2018 15:50
I like Teo as everyone knows,but with him he gives you a different option with his power depending on the opposition whether its a starting spot or off the bench when teams are tiring.

w4rriorz1980
w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
04 February, 2018 16:17
Ben T'eo off because EJ is working closely with Alan Solomons as we need him for Exeter.

Yeah right!

MESSAGES->author
Faithful_City (IP Logged)
04 February, 2018 16:30
Well I dont feel Teo has the pace to fit into the England backline, I much prefer Joseph at 13.

JP

w4rriorz1980
w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
04 February, 2018 16:34
I know he's a decent prop but Alec Hepburn looks more like a backrower.Small in prop terms.

w4rriorz1980
w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
04 February, 2018 16:39
Is there something in the water in Exeter?

They will be weakened for our visit but this is the Chiefs.

AJWarriors
AJWarriors (IP Logged)
04 February, 2018 16:44
Wow! How good are the Chiefs players! No wonder theyre top! Even though Hepburn is small hes strong as an Ox! Hugely impressed with Sam Simmonds,hes so quick he could play on the wing! Great dilemma to have for Eddie picking the back row.

Nowell showed his try scoring instincts and JJ broke the line with his footwork. Agree with JP that JJ suits this backline more than Bennie.

Really wish Eddie would pick Jamie George more,but England have some frightening depth in this country!

Warr-i-ors!
Warr-i-ors! (IP Logged)
04 February, 2018 17:30
Agree about Brown, although Id keep May on the wing and switch Watson to FB.

Did anyone else notice how much Parisse was appealing to the ref/Line assistants at every opportunity?! I was pleased when the ref finally pulled him up on it only to see him seconds later appealing to the line assistant!

w4rriorz1980
w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
04 February, 2018 18:07
It's a shame for Parisse in international terms.Yes he's had a few highs with Italy but his legacy will be Stade Franais.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/02/2018 21:18 by w4rriorz1980.

MESSAGES->author
Fiver (IP Logged)
04 February, 2018 21:07
It was good to see Simmonds do to Italy exactly what he did to us at Sixways. Top player, I'd even consider him over Billy.

AJWarriors
AJWarriors (IP Logged)
04 February, 2018 23:06
Billy is world class in my opinion so starts at 8 every time for me but a back row of Billy with Sam Simmonds alongside him is devestating. Two contrasting style players that would fry the head of whoever comes up against them. England will have so many strike move options that I almost feel sorry for the opposition....not! Lol

centrethere
centrethere (IP Logged)
05 February, 2018 08:19
Caught out wide for the Italy ties!

MESSAGES->author
Fiver (IP Logged)
05 February, 2018 08:23
I thought Italy looked a decent side, far better than in previous years. They were unfortunate to come up against a team of very high quality. England did look a very good unit yesterday.

NW2
NW2 (IP Logged)
05 February, 2018 13:18
Re: EJ's comments on Jack Nowell after the game, could someone please explain to the BBC, the difference between a jig saw and a jigsaw puzzle!

Inter Mevan
Inter Mevan (IP Logged)
05 February, 2018 15:48
This is probably one for the "statman" - you know who you are

how many games has T'eo played for Worcester since he joined ?

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
05 February, 2018 16:26
19 starts + 6 off the bench according to the offie.

MESSAGES->author
05 February, 2018 17:23
I put this data up several weeks ago.

JP

w4rriorz1980
w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
05 February, 2018 17:27
Quote:
Faithful_City
I put this data up several weeks ago.
JP
You did but some of us have sieve like brains! ;-)

w4rriorz1980
w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
05 February, 2018 17:47
Italy contested all the rucks yesterday didn't they?

MESSAGES->author
05 February, 2018 17:48
Teo has made 15 Prem starts of which we have won 2

JP

w4rriorz1980
w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
07 February, 2018 20:25
Quote:
w4rriorz1980
Just read in TRP an article on Italy's Luke McLean and in it states the no contesting ruck rule has been outlawed.
Didn't know that.

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
07 February, 2018 20:28
Quote:
w4rriorz1980
Quote:
w4rriorz1980
Just read in TRP an article on Italy's Luke McLean and in it states the no contesting ruck rule has been outlawed.
Didn't know that.

From what I recall they changed it so that as soon as 1 player from each side was engaged, and the ball was grounded, it became a ruck, so the offside line is created.

w4rriorz1980
w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
07 February, 2018 20:30
Quote:
TeflonTed
Quote:
w4rriorz1980
Quote:
w4rriorz1980
Didn't know that.

From what I recall they changed it so that as soon as 1 player from each side was engaged, and the ball was grounded, it became a ruck, so the offside line is created.
Thanks TT.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net