rugbyunion
Latest News:
We are The Warriors! The Mighty Worcester Warriors!

This message board is for all things Warriors' and Rugby.
When posting please be aware that posts may be read by youngsters and respect other posters.
Click Here for the Message Board Rules

The Big Conversation
Wynand Olivier
05 February, 2018 19:54
We had a chat with Wynand Olivier

Make sure to check it out: [www.youtube.com]

w4rriorz1980
Re: Wynand Olivier
w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
05 February, 2018 19:55
Is he staying?!

centrethere
centrethere (IP Logged)
05 February, 2018 20:15
Time has come and gone this season . new centre needed

FlipFlop
FlipFlop (IP Logged)
05 February, 2018 22:28
Probably an injury too far. That said, he leaves with Jackson too and the great ‘unavailable one’ being, er, unavailable we have very little experience in the Centre. Tick tick goes the recruitment clock!

hairyicecream
wusstawizard (IP Logged)
06 February, 2018 01:12
That intro jingle (Sm132)

MESSAGES->author
West Brom Warrior (IP Logged)
06 February, 2018 08:52
I don't see how we can offer a contract to someone who has spent much of the season injured, if it was a youngster then you may take a different view. That said he was a very useful addition to our squad.

Eternal optimist
Eternal optimist (IP Logged)
06 February, 2018 11:03
It would be a real shame to see his experience and knowledge of the game go down o waste. He seems at home with the club, see him as a very good mentoring role for some of the youngsters coming through

ROLLO on tour
ROLLO (IP Logged)
06 February, 2018 11:30
I agree Eternal Optimist Wynand may very well be one to develop into a coaching role. I spoke with him just before Christmas and he seems to have entered into the DNA of the club.

Blue&GoldWarrior
Blue&GoldWarrior (IP Logged)
06 February, 2018 12:27
Think if he wants to stay we should keep him. World cup winner to help with the youngsters and before he was injured I would say he was competing for 13. Played 54 scored 13 isn't bad for 34.

FlipFlop
FlipFlop (IP Logged)
06 February, 2018 12:41
The call of the Cape will be too much.

He may well have Gold and Blue blood, but his heart is surely in SA.

What coach position would we help him develop in? Are we planning to bypass existing coaching staff for the full squad or Academy / AASE coaches to facilitate this.

Eternal optimist
Eternal optimist (IP Logged)
06 February, 2018 13:20
I also think that loyalty works both ways. Just because he has suffered through injury this season is no reason to cast him aside.
I would offer him a season minimum as a squad player but with the additional role of helping the likes of Ollie and Ted (sorry not you TT) and see how it goes for both parties and take from there.
From what I have seen and heard he does seem to enjoy that side of the game.
Just my thoughts, he may just relish it.

MESSAGES->author
drifter (IP Logged)
06 February, 2018 14:51
he needs to be signed for next season . perhaps he may not be first choice but his experience is invaluable

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
07 February, 2018 09:19
Quote:
Eternal optimist
I also think that loyalty works both ways. Just because he has suffered through injury this season is no reason to cast him aside.
I would offer him a season minimum as a squad player but with the additional role of helping the likes of Ollie and Ted (sorry not you TT) and see how it goes for both parties and take from there.
From what I have seen and heard he does seem to enjoy that side of the game.
Just my thoughts, he may just relish it.

Mrs Ted saw the video, and mentioned that she could think of several things he could help her with, any day of the week.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net