rugbyunion
Latest News:
We are The Warriors! The Mighty Worcester Warriors!

This message board is for all things Warriors' and Rugby.
When posting please be aware that posts may be read by youngsters and respect other posters.
Click Here for the Message Board Rules

A38
Baldwin to stay
A38 (IP Logged)
06 February, 2018 10:51
[warriors.co.uk]

Scrum-half commits future to Club
Warriors are pleased to confirm that scrum-half Luke Baldwin has signed a new deal to remain at Sixways.

The 27-year-old is yet another first-team player to commit himself to the Club as Director of Rugby Alan Solomons looks to build his squad ahead of the 2018/19 campaign.

Baldwin, who joined the Club in the summer of 2015, has gone on to make 32 appearances to date.

The explosive scrum-half was part of a Bristol Rugby side which reached the 2013/14 Greene King IPA Championship play-off final and made a total of 25 appearances for the Ashton Gate side.

He began his career at Saracens and made five first-team appearances after signing his first professional contract with the side in 2010.

Baldwin said: “Having been here three seasons, I very much feel like Worcester has become my home.

“We have a top bunch of lads and hopefully we can stick together and push on up the table in the near future.

“For me it’s about continuing to raise standards across the squad and trying to get out on the pitch as much as possible.”

Warriors Director of Rugby Solomons added: “Luke is a great character and a good team and club man.

“He is a fine athlete and tremendous competitor and I’m delighted that he recognises his future lies at Sixways.”

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/02/2018 11:03 by A38.

MESSAGES->author
Re: Baldwin to stay
West Brom Warrior (IP Logged)
06 February, 2018 11:29
A good squad player to have at the club.

ROLLO on tour
ROLLO (IP Logged)
06 February, 2018 11:33
I always thought that he was younger so he will need to reach his potential some time soon. I would have him over Dowsett any day of the week.
Good to have this news but it is new signings that we need to see happening.

Southstand(again)
Southstand(again) (IP Logged)
06 February, 2018 11:52
At least that's the videos sorted.

MESSAGES->author
Faithful_City (IP Logged)
06 February, 2018 12:15
A good player I personally like him a lot and feel he deserves more game time than some others.

JP

FlipFlop
FlipFlop (IP Logged)
06 February, 2018 12:22
Good squad player.

Tends to be better from the bench than from the start, which is something of a flaw to get resolved.

32 games in 3 seasons. Been critical of others in our squad who don't play much, so maybe why Luke isn't a good / bad re-sign for me.

Needs to earn more game time. May arise if someone like JA is due to call it a day after his last 2 seasons of injury, or maybe FH is 'looking at other opportunities' with the current indifference at Sixways and around the Board room table?

AJWarriors
AJWarriors (IP Logged)
06 February, 2018 12:34
Good personality and squad player. Looks to have added tries to his game and is reliable too. Definitely should be number 2 on current form so I’m pleased he’s re-signed.

MESSAGES->author
Faithful_City (IP Logged)
06 February, 2018 12:49
Bench and start for me are all the same importance and input to match day. It is now a 23 man match day team.

JP

misunderstood
misunderstood (IP Logged)
06 February, 2018 12:56
Totally agree, its the 23 that count in today's game
As Eddie says, they are "the finishers"

Hopefully a few more names to add in the near future as well

Always misunderstood

MSR-Worcester
MSR-Worcester (IP Logged)
06 February, 2018 14:10
It's funny that Luke joined us after he was 2/3rd choice at Bristol/Saracens. He certainly isn't any higher in the pecking order here but maybe has got to the point in his career where he's settled. Certainly a good player to have around the squad and has a good impact off the bench.

w4rriorz1980
w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
06 February, 2018 14:37
He's pushing Arr for the back up scrum half berth.In pole position as Arr out.
But when both fully fit I expect Jonny to be 2nd choice.Jonny to start even,if Franny doesn't start performing consistently.

w4rriorz1980
w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
06 February, 2018 19:09
Baldwin in the WN stating there's no loyalty in rugby these days.

As I commented in said paper if I was a cynical man I'd say he was having a dig @ Spencer.

Patgadd
Patgadd (IP Logged)
06 February, 2018 19:16
Quote:
w4rriorz1980
Baldwin in the WN stating there's no loyalty in rugby these days.
As I commented in said paper if I was a cynical man I'd say he was having a dig @ Spencer.

But as you are aware there are no cynics on this forum yawning smiley
(I think that's meant to depict a blush)

w4rriorz1980
w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
06 February, 2018 22:54
Correct! Name me one cynic on here. I'm struggling.....;-)

MESSAGES->author
Fiver (IP Logged)
07 February, 2018 08:17
Is he having a dig at Spencer, or trying to encourage others to put pen to paper? Probably a bit of both, but very refreshing to hear an actual opinion from a sportsman instead of the bland nothingness that usually dribbles out.

ROLLO on tour
ROLLO (IP Logged)
07 February, 2018 09:06
BBC states it is a three year deal.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net