rugbyunion
Latest News:
Come On You Warriors!

This message board is for all things Warriors' and Rugby.
When posting please be aware that posts may be read by youngsters and respect other posters.
Click Here for the Message Board Rules

Moyles
Cross & Vesty
Moyles (IP Logged)
07 February, 2018 07:01
Vesty & Cross

WN reporting they are off

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/02/2018 07:29 by Moyles.

MESSAGES->author
Re: Cross & Vesty
Faithful_City (IP Logged)
07 February, 2018 07:15
Have you got a link?

Freypal
Freypal (IP Logged)
07 February, 2018 07:26

Hill Warrior
Hill Warrior (IP Logged)
07 February, 2018 07:27
There are some changes happening and maybe that's what is needed to move the club forward.up the table .
SV I'm not too sure about but SC definitely and about time.
Glad to see that Mefin is still wanted as he has been fantastic imho .

HW

p1umb
p1umb (IP Logged)
07 February, 2018 07:31

MESSAGES->author
07 February, 2018 07:48
Nothing confirmed all conjecture just like our forum.

It has probably left in their own hands.

Supposition!

Maybe it is cheaper to employ SA coaches of the same or better capabilities. So guys choose take a small pay cut and stay or you decide to move on. Maybe??

JP

usa warrior
usa warrior (IP Logged)
07 February, 2018 08:00
They're off.

MESSAGES->author
knightstemplar (IP Logged)
07 February, 2018 08:01
Interesting Hogg made the decision to move on. Dont blame him!

MESSAGES->author
drifter (IP Logged)
07 February, 2018 08:03
I will/would be very sad to see Vesty go. but this sport lark is cut throat

Ake1985
Ake1985 (IP Logged)
07 February, 2018 08:03
Not really sure where the report has even got that story from?? Is it all just because Solomon's said he wasn't going to comment??

MESSAGES->author
07 February, 2018 08:05
Maybe.

centrethere
centrethere (IP Logged)
07 February, 2018 08:12
Agree they are off - probably just agreeing the interim time until the new Rory Duncan team arrives. And Rory Duncan appointment appears just about there, albeit how long he is going to stay with the Cheetahs which could be a few months away.

ROLLO on tour
ROLLO (IP Logged)
07 February, 2018 08:53
What will be will be, a shame about Sam and no mention of Omar.

MESSAGES->author
West Brom Warrior (IP Logged)
07 February, 2018 08:55
If true it will be sad to see Vesty leave but the DOR must have the coaching team he wants in place. On Cross he has time on his side and is very much learning his trade still as a coach, I am not sure Worcester trying to build a side to push up the table is the place to do so.

usa warrior
usa warrior (IP Logged)
07 February, 2018 09:02
Omar is AS's guy from a while back so he will still be here next year.

warriorgibbo
warriorgibbo (IP Logged)
07 February, 2018 09:05
Vesty and Cross are 100% off just waiting for the influx of Saffa coaches

Patgadd
Patgadd (IP Logged)
07 February, 2018 09:25
Quote:
usa warrior
Omar is AS's guy from a while back so he will still be here next year.
Don't count on it

FlipFlop
FlipFlop (IP Logged)
07 February, 2018 09:51
Vesty to Tigers i would guess.

Cross, i'm not overly concerned about.

This is pretty wholesale now.

Baby and bath water come to mind, on top of player exits.

I'm guessing the squad are in the loop, but can't see this doing anything for morale for the remainder of the Prem season.

Irish will be sensing an opportunity now.

MSR-Worcester
MSR-Worcester (IP Logged)
07 February, 2018 09:54
Gutted about Vesty. If he's decided to leave for a better role I'd understand it but if we're ditching him from some South African nobody I'd be really disappointed. Vesty understands the premiership whereas coaches from the Super 15 seem to take a lot longer to bed in.

In the last few seasons our attack has sparkled. Can anyone remember the days where we went entire seasons without scoring a TBP? Not anymore, we going into games expecting to score. He's really got the best out of Mills, Adams, Humphreys, etc. He even said the other day that he basically signed current Welsh winger Josh Adams!

He also went on tour with England last summer who beat Argentina 1st string with a 3rd string England team. Why why why?!

MESSAGES->author
07 February, 2018 10:13
Be a sad loss Vesty. Will they stay till the end of the season inc. Hogg?

jgmorgan100
The Mailman (IP Logged)
07 February, 2018 10:23
Very disturbing news indeed. Vesty has done a superb job, and our current backs are more dangerous than they've ever been. Nothing makes sense at Warriors anymore.

FlipFlop
FlipFlop (IP Logged)
07 February, 2018 10:53
Maybe we're importing the SRU Coaching team to replace the leavers[:wor kid:]

MESSAGES->author
07 February, 2018 11:01
Maybe they are both backing Hogg and saying if he goes we go!

JP

WorcesterSauce
WorcesterSauce (IP Logged)
07 February, 2018 11:06
Vesty going..... ffs

backrow
backrow (IP Logged)
07 February, 2018 11:52
Big fence going up around Sixways , must be for the lions, rhinos ,elephants to make our new staff feel at home !! (Sm161)

MESSAGES->author
07 February, 2018 11:55
Quote:
Faithful_City
Maybe they are both backing Hogg and saying if he goes we go!
JP

Sounds like Hoggs decision

Patgadd
Patgadd (IP Logged)
07 February, 2018 11:58
OK, I'll get in before someone else suggests it. The age-old search for a song for the supporters is surely now over: Nkosi Sikelel' iAfrika.

MESSAGES->author
Powick Eastander (IP Logged)
07 February, 2018 12:00
The Merry-Go-Round of our coaching personnel takes another turn.

http://v4admin.sportnetwork.net/upload/130/130_0_1418121803.jpg Warriors Rugby Supporters Club http://v4admin.sportnetwork.net/upload/130/130_0_1418121803.jpg

FlipFlop
FlipFlop (IP Logged)
07 February, 2018 12:25
I'm just waiting for the 'Coach for Sale' thread to be opened, and then we can wonder at which one is left to be sold!(Sm147)

I'll get my coat.

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
07 February, 2018 13:07
Is Vesty going though? There was information on another thread to suggest that heís recently moved house closer to, (or even in) Worcester.

Like others, Iím not concerned about Cross, but would like to think weíre keeping Vesty for now.

In the long run I firmly believe heíll return to the family dynasty at Welford Rd.

misunderstood
misunderstood (IP Logged)
07 February, 2018 13:27
Like others i would like to see Sam stay on but i think we all agree that things need to change.
Comments like "baby and bathwater" are not really relevant, these guys are on professional contracts, just like the players are.If they want to move on then so be it
just my opinion of course.......

Always misunderstood

FlipFlop
FlipFlop (IP Logged)
07 February, 2018 13:45
Misunderstood,

'Baby and bathwater' term was used to indicate that pretty much everything at Sixways appears to be up in the air right now i.e ownership, players, coaching team, which i hope is relevant? While the coaches have not been thrown out it just seems bizarre that the club has put itself in the position that key coaching staff all have contracts up at the same time.

I am equally aware that we have no devine right to retain coaching services ad infinitum. we're nowhere near good enough to have something for the coaches to stay around for.

usa warrior
usa warrior (IP Logged)
07 February, 2018 14:32
Isn't that usually the case though? New DOR's will want to bring with them new coaching teams, typically, and coaches usually do arrive around the same time.

Time for change IMO.

w4rriorz1980
w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
07 February, 2018 14:35
Vesty has added so much though.Don't want him to leave for reasons already stated.IMO I don't think he wants to go.

MESSAGES->author
West Brom Warrior (IP Logged)
07 February, 2018 14:39
Quote:
usa warrior
Isn't that usually the case though? New DOR's will want to bring with them new coaching teams, typically, and coaches usually do arrive around the same time.

Agreed and while I think Vesty is a very talented coach if he had ideas and works in a way that does not fit with Solomons visions then why keep him, it would be better for both Vesty and the club for them not to be in that position. While it is a shame for talented people to leave the club I would prefer to have a coaching team the DOR wanted to have in place.

MESSAGES->author
07 February, 2018 15:02
Quote:
West Brom Warrior
Quote:
usa warrior

Agreed and while I think Vesty is a very talented coach if he had ideas and works in a way that does not fit with Solomons visions then why keep him, it would be better for both Vesty and the club for them not to be in that position. While it is a shame for talented people to leave the club I would prefer to have a coaching team the DOR wanted to have in place.

Maybe budgets and current salaries could play a part?

jgmorgan100
The Mailman (IP Logged)
07 February, 2018 15:03
Vesty or Solomons. Hmmmmm. I bet quite a few would choose the former. Sorry to be so mischievous. Our backs are currently the most exciting we've ever seen (from a Warriors team) at Sixways, and it's a huge loss.

FlipFlop
FlipFlop (IP Logged)
07 February, 2018 15:46
So talent leaves due to ageing DoR and said coaches potentially not seeing the game the same way, only for that DoR to retire in a couple of years time or be paid off if new owners don't think he's the business?

Building for the future? Not seeing it personally. But then, i've got no other information to go on from the club, and nor do i expect any, anytime soon. Increasing disconnect taking place IMO.

I think one or two players will be saddened about Sam's decision no matter if it was the clubs, or his own personal choice to move on.

usa warrior
usa warrior (IP Logged)
07 February, 2018 15:48
Of course, but this happens in sport... a lot. Players are realistic enough to understand that and, hopefully, whoever we bring in will be of a similar quality.

FlipFlop
FlipFlop (IP Logged)
07 February, 2018 15:51
You'd hope whoever comes in would be better, if we are to try and make the step change required.

Maybe you're right about players acknowledgement of the ever changing coach scenario USA, but Sixways seems to take it to a whole different level, with little improvement to show for it.

AJWarriors
AJWarriors (IP Logged)
07 February, 2018 16:24
Quote:
usa warrior
Time for change IMO.

What USA said. I think itís too early for people to be worried,without not knowing whoís coming in. I agree Sam is a loss but itís the 15 lads on the pitch that get the results and we are in need of change. We havenít progressed while our current coaches have been around,but not taking anything away from Sam..heís an international coach in the making

Just feel though that once someone leaves the club everyone loses their minds and itís the end of the world

FlipFlop
FlipFlop (IP Logged)
07 February, 2018 16:45
"Just feel though that once someone leaves the club everyone loses their minds and itís the end of the world"

Not quite, but what information do any of us have at present to fill the 'info gap' at present? There probably are cogs working in the background to make the next moves, but as spectators, we cannot see or hear anything.

Not many clubs would announce the majority of their coaching staff are leaving without anything else being said, or any acknowledgement that actually, or subliminally, the players at the club do not let their minds and heads wander from what is still a big ask- namely to ensure we do not drop through the trap door. Yep, they're pro's i know. But with a 'circus' taking place at your workplace , it is virtually impossible to ignore what is going on IMO.

I'm glad that you candle current events so calmly. Are you privvy to news that helps be that way?

AJWarriors
AJWarriors (IP Logged)
07 February, 2018 16:56
From what Iíve been told Solly is fully aware of the frustrations the fans are feeling yes. Especially about news on signings and coaches ect but heís said heís working hard on it and I can believe that.

Iím pretty sure we will hear something sooner or later put it that way,but I also think that no news is good news.

A38
A38 (IP Logged)
07 February, 2018 17:09
I know that I am being extremely picky but the news of the departure of the two coaches has only come to us from the WN. I can't see that the club has made any announcement as yet.

That's not to say that I doubt the WN's information.

Eternal optimist
Eternal optimist (IP Logged)
07 February, 2018 19:40
Quote:
The Mailman
Vesty or Solomons.Our backs are currently the most exciting we've ever seen (from a Warriors team) at Sixways, and it's a huge loss.
I would echo that.
Itís our defence that needs sorting out.

centrethere
centrethere (IP Logged)
07 February, 2018 22:01
Yes, we have caught up a little again with other teams that get the ball to the wingers / fullback - A bit like the days of Miles and Marcel, when we also had good centres in Grove and Rassmussen. Can't remember who was the backs coach then though.

MESSAGES->author
07 February, 2018 22:27
Keasty

centrethere
centrethere (IP Logged)
07 February, 2018 23:01
Nice one JP

Patgadd
Patgadd (IP Logged)
07 February, 2018 23:32
Quote:
centrethere
Yes, we have caught up a little again with other teams that get the ball to the wingers / fullback - A bit like the days of Miles and Marcel, when we also had good centres in Grove and Rassmussen. Can't remember who was the backs coach then though.
Dale was the best defender we had, but passing the ball to the winger? Don't remember that happening.

centrethere
centrethere (IP Logged)
07 February, 2018 23:42
A ha, yes again, but Miles and Marcel got the ball somehow - second phase after the Dale ball or coming in at the 10-12 channel on occasion, and broken play. But true Dale's offensive defending was pretty frightening to his opposite number.

MESSAGES->author
Fiver (IP Logged)
08 February, 2018 06:17
I seem to remember Miles and Marcel could fumble the ball at any given scoring opportunity. It's no wonder Dale didn't want to pass it to them.

Does anyone remember that awful game at Sixways against Leeds? I think we drew 10-10. We were about to win as Dale ran through to the posts unopposed, no defender in sight, 5 yards out, and for no particular reason, he threw a hospital pass to Marcel's feet. Instead of trapping the ball with his foot, lighting his pipe and moon walking over the line (remember, no opponents in sight), Marcel tried to catch the ball with the inevitable consequence.

Great days.

Ronster
Drahm for England (IP Logged)
08 February, 2018 08:13
Keast wasn't the backs coach for Garvey & Benjamin as their 'heyday' was under Ruddock/Hill

Ronster
Drahm for England (IP Logged)
08 February, 2018 08:14
I remember that game. Fiver. Leeds scored in the North/West corner from a 5m line out when the ball didn't actually travel the required distance into the lineout! Oh for a TMO for that game!

kiddykid
kiddykid (IP Logged)
08 February, 2018 20:22
Mainly agree with the views over Cross and Vesty (BBC reporting both likely to go) but if Rory Duncan can be an Ackerman Mark II then I will not be complaining. The Cheetah's aren't doing too badly in their first season in the Pro 14 so let's hope he brings us all the success we crave for because if he arrives sometime in May he has all the pre-season to strut his stuff.
Onwards and upwards!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net