rugbyunion
Latest News:
We are The Warriors! The Mighty Worcester Warriors!

This message board is for all things Warriors' and Rugby.
When posting please be aware that posts may be read by youngsters and respect other posters.
Click Here for the Message Board Rules

LeeSanWarrior
Duncan Weir
LeeSanWarrior (IP Logged)
08 February, 2018 09:32
Just seen a photo on Marco Mama's twitter with Duncan Weir in warriors training kit? New 10?

LeeSanWarrior
Re: Duncan Weir
08 February, 2018 09:43
Interesting that the tweet has now been deleted! I have a screenshot of the tweet though? Not sure how I post that on here though?

MSR-Worcester
MSR-Worcester (IP Logged)
08 February, 2018 09:49
Quote:
LeeSanWarrior
Interesting that the tweet has now been deleted! I have a screenshot of the tweet though? Not sure how I post that on here though?

Upload it here! [imgur.com]

LeeSanWarrior
08 February, 2018 09:58
http://imgur.com/uRcojbf

Hopefully that will work?

AJWarriors
AJWarriors (IP Logged)
08 February, 2018 09:59
Luke Baldwin has a pic with him too. Wonder if that means Heathcote is retiring? He was due for a final assessment answer around now wasnít he for his concussion

Offa
Offa (IP Logged)
08 February, 2018 10:05
Can he kick?

AJWarriors
AJWarriors (IP Logged)
08 February, 2018 10:06
He can actually yea lol.

MESSAGES->author
West Brom Warrior (IP Logged)
08 February, 2018 10:07
He is out of contract in May according to Edinburgh rugbyís website and with Solomons connections it has more than a chance of being true

AJWarriors
AJWarriors (IP Logged)
08 February, 2018 10:14
Bresler and Weir. Whatís the betting Sam Hidalgo Clyne and Cornell Du Preez will be the next ones? All good players too and will add to the quality of next years squad.

silver warrior
silver warrior (IP Logged)
08 February, 2018 10:16
I would love to see Sam Hidalgo Clyne run out for warriors.
Doesn't get enough game time at Edinburgh.

w4rriorz1980
w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
08 February, 2018 10:18
Obviously one bad game doesn't define a player but Du Preez was poor against Wales,I'd expect Denton to play but I'm not holding my breath.Hopefully in the matchday 23 @ least.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/02/2018 10:18 by w4rriorz1980.

AJWarriors
AJWarriors (IP Logged)
08 February, 2018 10:25
I watched that game and Du Preez closely...I say closely I think he only touched the ball twice and didnít carry once,but heís meant to be a top top player and everyone has a bad game like you say here and there so he definitely shouldnít be judged on the back of that. It could have possibly been the Scottish game plan.

If we signed him and played him at 6 and Dents 8 then we have 2 huge ball carriers in the back row. As for Hidalgo Clyne heís absolutely electric..Cockers mustnít like him much,but he would be outstanding back up for Francois and heís a high percentage goal kicker too

w4rriorz1980
w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
08 February, 2018 10:33
Quote:
AJWarriors
I watched that game and Du Preez closely...I say closely I think he only touched the ball twice and didnít carry once,but heís meant to be a top top player and everyone has a bad game like you say here and there so he definitely shouldnít be judged on the back of that. It could have possibly been the Scottish game plan.
If we signed him and played him at 6 and Dents 8 then we have 2 huge ball carriers in the back row. As for Hidalgo Clyne heís absolutely electric..Cockers mustnít like him much,but he would be outstanding back up for Francois and heís a high percentage goal kicker too
That'll be the end of Dowsett then if HC signs! Going to be a struggle for Baldwin behind Arr and Franny anyway!

AJWarriors
AJWarriors (IP Logged)
08 February, 2018 10:41
Iíve heard Arr is going mate. Hasnít been offered a new contract. How true that is Iím not sure? Just heard rumblings another player Solly has coached at Edinburgh could be on his way from Glaws...Matt Scott. A really good player before his injury and meant to be coming back to form

Ronster
Drahm for England (IP Logged)
08 February, 2018 10:51
Gosh we really are becoming Scottish Warriors if this were all true. Now, where's that SRU money?!?!

I'll get my kilt...(Sm159)

w4rriorz1980
w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
08 February, 2018 10:52
IMHO Matt Scott is a fantastic centre from the Glaws games I've seen on TV.Can't remember if he played against us when we got hammered @ Castle Grim last January when I was there.

w4rriorz1980
w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
08 February, 2018 10:55
Quote:
Drahm for England
Gosh we really are becoming Scottish Warriors if this were all true. Now, where's that SRU money?!?!
I'll get my kilt...(Sm159)
Don't forget your sporran but leave your boxers at home!

AJWarriors
AJWarriors (IP Logged)
08 February, 2018 10:58
I can see it being a lot of Scottish and SA players coming in

WorcesterSauce
WorcesterSauce (IP Logged)
08 February, 2018 11:17
Would be gutted ir Arr left. We can bang on about player loyalty but when they are involved in a club their whole life and then just releases it's no surprise.

Weir would be a good signing.

w4rriorz1980
w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
08 February, 2018 11:22
Quote:
WorcesterSauce
Would be gutted ir Arr left. We can bang on about player loyalty but when they are involved in a club their whole life and then just releases it's no surprise.
Same here,Arr is a brilliant all round professional.
But....

No evidence he is leaving apart from what AJ has said.How reliable his info is is anyone's guess! ;-)

FlipFlop
FlipFlop (IP Logged)
08 February, 2018 11:28
Think Jonny has struggled with significant injuries in recent seasons. He has his detractors, but he has been one of a few 'one club' Pro's we've had. His game may not be the current vogue style, but he can play.

He may be looking to move on to pursue outside interests with his Degree and all that. Would continue to be a great Ambassador for the club if such roles exist at the club.

All rumour, but potential Celtic bias is in the offing to even out the Saffers.

AS, suggesting that recruitment news is nearly ready to reveals in WEN

[www.worcesternews.co.uk]

Hope it is, but i suspect soon will be post Irish game at earliest, as it is the most pivotal aspect to the remainder of the season, at this stage unless either Irish or ourselevs get an unexpected victory in the run in.

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
08 February, 2018 12:29
Quote:
w4rriorz1980
Quote:
WorcesterSauce
Same here,Arr is a brilliant all round professional.
But....

No evidence he is leaving apart from what AJ has said.How reliable his info is is anyone's guess! ;-)

To be fair AJ has a good track record. Although you donít need to be a genius to work out that Arr must be approaching the end,

MESSAGES->author
08 February, 2018 12:41
I understand Arr has another year left on his contract but it would not suprise me if he retires following a couple of bad knocks on his head (just my personal opinion based on no inside knowledge).

Southstand(again)
Southstand(again) (IP Logged)
08 February, 2018 12:50
Back to Duncan Weir ....

Initial short-term signing until end of season ?

centrethere
centrethere (IP Logged)
08 February, 2018 12:56
cats out as said

[www.worcesternews.co.uk]

MESSAGES->author
Faithful_City (IP Logged)
08 February, 2018 13:46
A short term contract to the end of the season followed by a 3year contract if we stay up.

However he is not fit, still recovering from a bad abdominal injury, so, will he be Match fit for Irish?

JP

Southstand(again)
Southstand(again) (IP Logged)
08 February, 2018 13:48
According to this Not happening

MESSAGES->author
08 February, 2018 13:54
That falls in line with what I feel about his availability and fitness. It wonít matter after 25th Feb.

JP

MSR-Worcester
MSR-Worcester (IP Logged)
08 February, 2018 15:25
Why would he be training at Sixways if he wasn't fit? Last Monday on twitter he said he was back in training with Edinburgh.

B-road
08 February, 2018 15:34
Now confirmed on Twitter - sort of

"Warriors can confirm that Scotland international Duncan Weir has travelled to Sixways ahead of a proposed short-term loan starting next week."

MESSAGES->author
Powick Eastander (IP Logged)
08 February, 2018 15:42
Lets hope he is a good fit and would like to stay next season

http://v4admin.sportnetwork.net/upload/130/130_0_1418121803.jpg Warriors Rugby Supporters Club http://v4admin.sportnetwork.net/upload/130/130_0_1418121803.jpg

misunderstood
misunderstood (IP Logged)
08 February, 2018 17:13
understand that he has signed until the end of this season

Good Signing IMO

not sure where the rumor about Matt Scott cam from but if true that would be excellent

Always misunderstood

ROLLO on tour
ROLLO (IP Logged)
08 February, 2018 20:31
We have had McMafia are we now McSaffers?

FlipFlop
FlipFlop (IP Logged)
08 February, 2018 20:50
I hear rumours that there is a name change for the club- Worcester Wildebeests.

w4rriorz1980
w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
08 February, 2018 21:09
Quote:
Faithful_City
A short term contract to the end of the season followed by a 3year contract if we stay up.
However he is not fit, still recovering from a bad abdominal injury, so, will he be Match fit for Irish?

JP
Hence my post about contracts on another thread.If we stay up but get relegated next season I'm guessing he'd want a move,not spend a year,possibly two in the Championship.
I wonder if Rory Duncan has a relegation clause?

MESSAGES->author
08 February, 2018 22:13
Possible back line v Irish.

15. Pennell
14. Heem
13. Teío
12. Mills
11. Adams

10. Weir
09. Hougaard

That is some back line!

However the 6Nations may cause us a problem, swap Teío with Willison and Hammond with Adams if Humphries is not fit.

Still at sometime this season we will see that backline playing together.

JP

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
09 February, 2018 00:00
JP , itís a 6N weekend, surely Josh will be with Wales, and BT with England??

MESSAGES->author
09 February, 2018 06:54
Yep that is why I put the swaps in and as I also said we will at some stage see that backline(Sm128)

JP

Ronster
Drahm for England (IP Logged)
09 February, 2018 08:24
I bet Luke Baldwin wasn't popular with the PR department yesterday!!!

MESSAGES->author
Powick Eastander (IP Logged)
09 February, 2018 09:48

just got into rugby
Big Bird Warrior (IP Logged)
11 February, 2018 21:48
He has confirmed in a tweet he is joining us until the end of the season. Welcome aboard Duncan!

Patgadd
Patgadd (IP Logged)
11 February, 2018 21:53
Very good news. Welcome!

Warr-i-ors!
Warr-i-ors! (IP Logged)
12 February, 2018 06:41
Great, but is he fit to play?

MESSAGES->author
12 February, 2018 08:22
Shilly did ok on Saturday against Exeter.

JP

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
12 February, 2018 09:23
Quote:
Faithful_City
Shilly did ok on Saturday against Exeter.
JP

Absolutely, and how long have we been saying he needs the game time to establish himself as our first 10.

Iím happy to see Duncan arrive, but not to jump straight in at 10.

MESSAGES->author
12 February, 2018 10:01
Great it is all offical Weir is a very good 10 and as I understand it if he proves fitness and form and we stay up he will extend the deal for a couple of seasons.

ROLLO on tour
ROLLO (IP Logged)
12 February, 2018 10:10
Shillcock rated 5 in TRP.

MESSAGES->author
12 February, 2018 10:42
Quote:
ROLLO

7 in the Worcester News which was the joint lowest score (along with 7 others). I don't see the issue in Shillcock and Weir both fighting out for the starting place, at the moment we have 2 inexperienced options at 10 and Heathcote who is sadly injured so Weir is in to replace Tom until the end of the season, possibly longer.

Ake1985
Ake1985 (IP Logged)
12 February, 2018 10:42
Quote:
ROLLO

Our of 5 or 10?

w4rriorz1980
w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
12 February, 2018 10:49
Quote:
Ake1985
Quote:
ROLLO

Our of 5 or 10?
5/10? Who was doing the ratings? Stevie Wonder?!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net