rugbyunion
Latest News:
Come On You Warriors!

This message board is for all things Warriors' and Rugby.
When posting please be aware that posts may be read by youngsters and respect other posters.
Click Here for the Message Board Rules

w4rriorz1980
Eddie Jones
w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
09 February, 2018 17:06
I get it.Mourinho is cut from the same cloth.If we didn't have outspoken managers,DoR's,anyone in some sort of management in sport it'll be quite boring and monotonous.

BUT....on the eve of and England game,albeit at HQ against Wales who IMHO we struggle against more often than than not,WHY come out and say what he did about Rhys Patchell? It beggars belief.

Yes he says stuff to take the pressure off the England team but he's gone too far IMHO.Wales do not need anymore motivation when they play us,this will give them an extra gear or two!

At least we're at home,Wales' record isn't as good at Twickenham.

So please Eddie,tone it down because if something similar is said against Ireland who are a different animal to Wales it could cost us the Championship.

Rant over.I can't wait til tomorrow.Going to be a cracker!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/02/2018 17:32 by w4rriorz1980.

Whispering_Death
Re: Eddie Jones
Whispering_Death (IP Logged)
09 February, 2018 17:16
That’s what makes Eddie Jones who he is and I quite like it personally. It will have Zero impact on the game, it’s just words. Garland on the other hand was singing Eddie’s praises, talking about how he’s learning from him. Different types of mind games. Good Bants init.

Underdog
Underdog (IP Logged)
09 February, 2018 17:33
It's all rubbish designed to get journos to write about coach comments rather than player failings. Much easier to knock out 400 words on that than do actual analysis.

Even if Eddie was trying to pressurise players with his comments, it's far more likely to be his own side in my opinion.

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
09 February, 2018 17:37
WD’s correct, Eddie’s snipes will have zero effect on the game, anymore than 60 odd thousand Frenchmen shouting had any effect on Johnny Sexton.

Looking forward to tomorrow, against the odds, but I think Wales will do OK, and could possibly spring a surprise.

w4rriorz1980
w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
09 February, 2018 17:37
I guess you're both right.Wouldn't Gatland's comments praising EJ be mind games?

Warr-i-ors!
Warr-i-ors! (IP Logged)
09 February, 2018 17:41
It’s pretty simple really. EJ is just putting pressure on Patchell by calling him out for being inexperience at international level and how England, the likes of Robshaw and Care will be targeting him. Plant that seed of doubt in his mind, coupled with immense pressure and we negate the threat of their playmaker.

Warr-i-ors!
Warr-i-ors! (IP Logged)
09 February, 2018 17:42
Gatland did exactly the same a few years back with Hartley. It backfired on him that day, hopefully it won’t tomorrow with Eddie.

Southstand(again)
Southstand(again) (IP Logged)
09 February, 2018 17:44
I'm hoping the weather doesn't spoil a great spectacle.

If they decide to close the Twickenham stadium roof the taffs might just stand a chance (Sm14)

MacWarrior
MacWarrior (IP Logged)
09 February, 2018 19:55
School playground banter IMHO , all a bit pathetic for grown ups!

C'mon Josh, show him that inexperience Can be also viewed as raw talent and ambition.

FlipFlop
FlipFlop (IP Logged)
09 February, 2018 20:01
I don’t this stuff. In football Fergie v Wenger, Mourinho v Wenger has been great for years to listen to. At least EJ doesn’t trot out the scripted RFU BS. He just says it. Some will cringe, some will applaud. Ultimately he’s the one to look a chump if Patchell does a Sexton tomorrow but looks great if Rhys implodes.

More of it needed.

MacWarrior
MacWarrior (IP Logged)
09 February, 2018 20:22
I am all for speaking your mind FlipFlop but targeting one player is just a bit bad manners as far as I am concerned , I hope it back fires and Wales prevail.

That said, I will be more interested in WW progress on Saturday.

Patgadd
Patgadd (IP Logged)
09 February, 2018 21:01
Quote:
MacWarrior
I am all for speaking your mind FlipFlop but targeting one player is just a bit bad manners as far as I am concerned , I hope it back fires and Wales prevail.

I wouldn't go so far as to hope my country loses, but other than that I agree - uncalled for and unwanted.

MacWarrior
MacWarrior (IP Logged)
09 February, 2018 21:11
Just for the record, I am Scottish and married to an Irish so maybe a little biased about the result, but not about the sentiment ref Jones and his comments.

FlipFlop
FlipFlop (IP Logged)
09 February, 2018 22:01
MacWarrior,

Eddie views the internationally inexperienced Patchell, in a pivotal position as the weak link and has had a dig. Gats and Rhys will have their heads clear by 4.45.... potentially to make England pay.

Whispering_Death
Whispering_Death (IP Logged)
09 February, 2018 22:21
I thought Wales looked good last week but Not sure how much of that was down to Scotland being shocking. We will find out tomorrow.

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
10 February, 2018 00:48
Just off to bed now, to dream of Wales being 4 points behind in the 79th minute when the ball is whipped out to Josh on the wing, well covered and in danger of running out of space, when he cuts inside, sidesteps Te’o and scores under the posts.

Who knows!!

Southstand(again)
10 February, 2018 05:51
Hush, the babies are sleeping, the farmers, the fishers, the tradesmen and pensioners, cobbler, schoolteacher, postman and publican, the undertaker and the fancy woman, drunkard, dressmaker, preacher, policeman, the webfoot cocklewomen and the tidy wives. Young girls lie bedded soft or glide in their dreams, with rings and trousseaux, bridesmaided by glow-worms down the aisles of the organplaying wood. The boys are dreaming wicked or of the bucking ranches of the night and the jollyrogered sea. And the anthracite statues of the horses sleep in the fields, and the cows in the byres, and the dogs in the wet-nosed yards; and the cats nap in the slant corners or lope sly, streaking and needling, on the one cloud of the roofs.
You can hear the dew falling, and the hushed town breathing, woken only by the Twickenham roars as Te'o crosses for England's fourth try (Sm14)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/02/2018 05:52 by Southstand(again).

TVM Rides Again....Again
TVM Rides Again (IP Logged)
10 February, 2018 06:48
It’s all so much fish and chip paper.

Rhys Patchell is a professional and an international - if he needs someone being mildly rude about him as motivation ‘to find an extra gear or two’ he has no business being out there

It makes no difference

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
10 February, 2018 09:03
Memories of Llareggub spring instantly to mind SS.

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
10 February, 2018 09:08
And for those unfamiliar with that little village near Swansea, I refer you to the words of Paul Simon.......

“I knew a man, his brain so small
He couldn't think of nothing at all
Not the same as you and me
He doesn't dig poetry
He's so unhip that when you say Dylan,
he thinks you're talking about Dylan Thomas
Whoever he was,
The man ain't got no culture.........”

Southstand(again)
10 February, 2018 09:14
Never odd or even ? Ted

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
10 February, 2018 09:22
Do nine men interpret?” “Nine men,” I nod.

I’ll ask the other 8.

NW2
NW2 (IP Logged)
10 February, 2018 09:24
Quote:
MacWarrior
Wow! Shock horror! A Scot that wants England to lose! (Sm124)

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
10 February, 2018 13:49
NW2, MacWarrior won’t mind me mentioning that, like me, he has close Irish connections. We don’t really mind who wins, as long as it’s not England.

Warr-i-ors!
Warr-i-ors! (IP Logged)
10 February, 2018 13:53
Prepare yourselves for a depressing evening then.

England by 12.

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
10 February, 2018 14:49
Quote:
Warr-i-ors!
Prepare yourselves for a depressing evening then.
England by 12.

If it comes to that, we won’t be depressed at all. We’re long serving supporters, at the end of the day, it’s only a game.

NW2
NW2 (IP Logged)
10 February, 2018 16:15
Quote:
TeflonTed
NW2, MacWarrior won’t mind me mentioning that, like me, he has close Irish connections. We don’t really mind who wins, as long as it’s not England.

Yes TT, it's such a given that no Welshman would ever want England to win, I didn't even think it was worth a mention.
As a well balanced Englishman, I actually supported Wales last week due to Josh's debut.

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
10 February, 2018 16:35
Quote:
NW2
Quote:
TeflonTed

Yes TT, it's such a given that no Welshman would ever want England to win, I didn't even think it was worth a mention.
As a well balanced Englishman, I actually supported Wales last week due to Josh's debut.

Good man you !

Bit more difficult today I suppose?

Warr-i-ors!
Warr-i-ors! (IP Logged)
10 February, 2018 16:35
My son could play for Wales and I still could not bring myself to support them.

Halfpenny late withdrawal.

MacWarrior
MacWarrior (IP Logged)
10 February, 2018 18:59
Spot on TT, but sadly not today. Murrayfield is the one!!

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
10 February, 2018 19:32
Quote:
MacWarrior

Hey Ho, not Curragha this weekend, we’re in the fleshpots of Soho.

I expect the boyos will arrive in force anytime soon....we’ve got the door shut and the blinds down.

So it’s down to Soho for the night
To the girls with their shiny beads.
To the funny men with lipstick on
And evil minds and deeds.

One spoke to Will from a doorway dark,
Damn, she didn’t have much on.....
But Will knew what she wanted aye.....

(Anyone know without googling?)

Southstand(again)
10 February, 2018 20:16
My mother bought me one of his books once.

always liked his story about the kids nativity play.

couldn't sing though.

Dai Grumble
Dai Grumble (IP Logged)
10 February, 2018 20:36
Quote:
TeflonTed
Quote:
MacWarrior

Hey Ho, not Curragha this weekend, we’re in the fleshpots of Soho.

I expect the boyos will arrive in force anytime soon....we’ve got the door shut and the blinds down.

So it’s down to Soho for the night
To the girls with their shiny beads.
To the funny men with lipstick on
And evil

One spoke to Will from a doorway dark,
Damn, she didn’t have much on.....
But Will knew what she wanted aye.....

(Anyone know without googling?)

..his photo of Barry John.

Was listening to Live at Treorchy this morning in the build up to the match.

Onward and Upward!

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
10 February, 2018 21:37
Spot on Dai.

I’m in Soho watching the stragglers drift in and listening out for a Croaking Calon Lân .

FlipFlop
FlipFlop (IP Logged)
10 February, 2018 21:53
You see, if anyone else mentioned ‘fleshpots’ and ‘Soho’ in the same thread i’d think you were a Freemadon, but seem able to swagger it off TT.

That said, I can see wh Rollo and PatGadd didn’t invite you to their night or n the town.

Hope the grandkids lead to an early wake up call!

Patgadd
Patgadd (IP Logged)
10 February, 2018 23:26
Anybody who has seen TT and me shaking hands will be vaguely aware that we are part of a society so secret that it makes the freemasons seem like - well, I'll say no more, lest we get chucked out by JP, Rollo etc....

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
11 February, 2018 09:34
Pat, you’ve got the wrong pinnie on.

As Flippy points out, this weekend is a Freemadon’s (sic) trip, we’re not On The Square this time.

MESSAGES->author
Abberley (IP Logged)
11 February, 2018 21:32
Quote:
TeflonTed

Or Mousehole which was reputedly the inspiration for Llareggub when he was staying there on honeymoon with Catlin?

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
12 February, 2018 00:37
Quote:
Abberley
Quote:
TeflonTed

Or Mousehole which was reputedly the inspiration for Llareggub when he was staying there on honeymoon with Catlin?

Didn’t know that story Abberley. Presume the village of El Ohesuom would have to be situated somewhere in Morocco?

MESSAGES->author
knightstemplar (IP Logged)
12 February, 2018 07:22
Quote:
TeflonTed
Pat, you’ve got the wrong pinnie on.
As Flippy points out, this weekend is a Freemadon’s (sic) trip, we’re not On The Square this time.

Obviously traveling men

warriorgibbo
warriorgibbo (IP Logged)
12 February, 2018 09:56
w4rriorz1980 24 out of 25 and Patchell subbed just after half time says it all

MESSAGES->author
West Brom Warrior (IP Logged)
12 February, 2018 10:05
Jones is exactly what English rugby needed a hard taskmaster to drag the thinking of rugby into the modern day. We employed Lancaster on the basis he was a nice chap and not on the basis of his coaching ability we have employed Jones because he is no nonsense. I am glad he put some pressure on the Welsh team it is international sport it is supposed to mentally and physically tough. The Welsh team played well in awful conditions for rugby but Jones’s words clearly had some effect on Patchell so it was very much job done by England and Jones.

w4rriorz1980
w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
12 February, 2018 10:56
Quote:
warriorgibbo
w4rriorz1980 24 out of 25 and Patchell subbed just after half time says it all
Correct!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net