rugbyunion
Latest News:
Come On You Warriors!

This message board is for all things Warriors' and Rugby.
When posting please be aware that posts may be read by youngsters and respect other posters.
Click Here for the Message Board Rules

AJWarriors
Danny Cipriani
AJWarriors (IP Logged)
12 February, 2018 11:29
Is officially leaving Wasps but his destination as of yet is undecided. After watching him play yesterday against Quins he was unplayable and has been brilliant this season. At 30 he’s the right age and would really bring on Shilly and would 100% suit how we play...whether he’s a Solly player is another question though.

I know we have signed Weir but it’s only until the end of the season,but I’d love Cipriani here and have Pennell take the kicks. A backline of these guys is mouthwatering

9. Hougaard
10. Cipriani
11. Heem
12. Mills
13. Te’o
14. Adams
15. Pennell

I get Cipriani won’t be many people’s cup of tea but from what I’ve seen of him this year is outstanding

Sutton Warrior
Re: Danny Cipriani
Sutton Warrior (IP Logged)
12 February, 2018 14:25
His recent form has been brilliant - I have seen them play 3 times in last 12 months and he is a class act - rated by Anthony Watson as " most skilled" player he has played with; so much time so much imagination. Goal kicking not great but sees things in a way others do not.

MESSAGES->author
Barbourne flanker (IP Logged)
13 February, 2018 04:40
Just listened to the 5 live rugby podcast - Chris Jones asked Hugo Monye which premiership club would benefit from Cipriani joining the squad and he said Worcester- interesting

AJWarriors
AJWarriors (IP Logged)
13 February, 2018 06:47
Good answer! Good pals too so hopefully he’s told him this

Warr-i-ors!
Warr-i-ors! (IP Logged)
13 February, 2018 06:51
I’ve noticed that Ugo’s insight into player movements through his commentary on BT is usually spot on. Admittedly it was a Quins player but he did call Yarde’s move to Sale before there were any reports in circulation. Hopefully he’s spot on with Cipriani and us.

AJWarriors
AJWarriors (IP Logged)
13 February, 2018 06:54
He did actually. Remember him saying it in the pre match analysis and during one of the games. I’d be really happy if Cips came here. Right time for both him and us

Warr-i-ors!
Warr-i-ors! (IP Logged)
13 February, 2018 07:00
Couldn’t agree more. From recollection he hasn’t had any off-field antics in a while?

AJWarriors
AJWarriors (IP Logged)
13 February, 2018 07:08
Should hope not at 30 ha ha. Seems a mature “man” now and you can see it in his performances on the pitch too. Shame he didn’t do more for England,he’s probably out most skilful fly half

Warr-i-ors!
Warr-i-ors! (IP Logged)
13 February, 2018 07:12
I must admit if I was asked whether I wanted Cipriani to join two years ago I would have said no without any hesitation due to his perceived bad attitude and off-field antics but more recently he certainly does seem to have matured. Whether that’s true or not I have no idea but I would certainly like to see him given a shot here. Fingers crossed.

MESSAGES->author
knightstemplar (IP Logged)
13 February, 2018 08:06
There is no guarantee Lance will ever return. Assuming Weir comes back the pair would make the strength in depth needed to move up long term

FlipFlop
FlipFlop (IP Logged)
13 February, 2018 09:14
Quote:
Warr-i-ors!
From recollection he hasn’t had any off-field antics in a while?

Think his recent tearful, early morning drink driving prang, and trying to tackle a bus may have focused his mind to more normal behaviour in recent times.

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
13 February, 2018 09:29
Doesn’t time fly though Flippy? Your use of “recent” set me searching.

His drink-drive (London and mini-cab) was June 2015, and his missed tackle on the bus was in 2013.

Unless he’s done it again, since, in which case I missed it!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net