rugbyunion
Latest News:
We are The Warriors! The Mighty Worcester Warriors!

This message board is for all things Warriors' and Rugby.
When posting please be aware that posts may be read by youngsters and respect other posters.
Click Here for the Message Board Rules

usa warrior
Weir’s Gone
usa warrior (IP Logged)
12 February, 2018 18:50
Back to Edinburgh to cover injuries and internationals!!

Warr-i-ors!
Re: Weir’s Gone
Warr-i-ors! (IP Logged)
12 February, 2018 18:55
Comical.

Warr-i-ors!
Warr-i-ors! (IP Logged)
12 February, 2018 18:56
To be fair it was only ever a short-term loan.

WorcesterSauce
WorcesterSauce (IP Logged)
12 February, 2018 19:22
Absolutely bizarre

SOUTHSTANDWARRIOR
SOUTHSTANDWARRIOR (IP Logged)
12 February, 2018 19:28
Shortest ever loan period on record!

Patgadd
Patgadd (IP Logged)
12 February, 2018 19:31
Quote:
Warr-i-ors!
To be fair it was only ever a short-term loan.

(Sm152)

MESSAGES->author
knightstemplar (IP Logged)
12 February, 2018 19:33
? Thought till end of season.

northstand warrior
northstand warrior (IP Logged)
12 February, 2018 19:35
Never thought we would see Ezra Taylor’s record broken.

Southstand(again)
Southstand(again) (IP Logged)
12 February, 2018 19:48

Latecomer
Latecomer (IP Logged)
12 February, 2018 19:55
Quote:
SOUTHSTANDWARRIOR

It never got to him signing on the dotted line, so it never actually started !

Maybe he will come when the Edinburgh 'crisis' is over (and next year assuming we are still in the Prem).

MESSAGES->author
12 February, 2018 19:56
Been recalled before deal finalised!
LOL!

usa warrior
usa warrior (IP Logged)
12 February, 2018 20:07
Quote:
Latecomer
Quote:
SOUTHSTANDWARRIOR

It never got to him signing on the dotted line, so it never actually started !

Maybe he will come when the Edinburgh 'crisis' is over (and next year assuming we are still in the Prem).

Long enough to sign a contract?

lokicrichtonfan
lokicrichtonfan (IP Logged)
12 February, 2018 20:10
Absolutely laughable

A38
A38 (IP Logged)
12 February, 2018 20:11
I wondered why, during the day, why there hadn't been formal confirmation coming out of the club that the loan had been signed off. Now we know.

But would we have known anything about it if there hadn't been those errant tweets last week?

MESSAGES->author
12 February, 2018 20:13
Only the WN suggested he was poised to join no official statement.

MESSAGES->author
Faithful_City (IP Logged)
12 February, 2018 20:18
What a Bl00dy shambles.

JP

Humps for 1 Mile
Humps for 1 Mile (IP Logged)
12 February, 2018 20:41
Hello, goodbye.

Counting of chickens.

Jamie - take centre stage.

A38
A38 (IP Logged)
12 February, 2018 21:15
From what little evidence there is I cannot agree that this was anything other than most unfortunate. It looks to me that in good faith the Club agreed to take Weir on short term loan and that last week Edinburgh were agreeable. However today everything changed when Edinburgh were unable to let the loan go ahead. He is their player after all and in any case I imagine the terms of the loan deal would have been that he could be called back with little or no notice.

So, I'm sorry, but I don't think that it is laughable or a shambles - at least as far as Worcester are concerned.

And as I said above, it only ever became public because two Worcester players were indiscreet and the club were forced to say something.

And, reading the WN report, it could well be that Weir will still come on loan later in the season once Edinburgh's problems are sorted. Cockerill says, implicitly, that he, Weir, needs to put himself in the shop window for next season and that playing for Worcester would do that. Of course, it also probably means that Worcester have "first refusal".

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/02/2018 21:21 by A38.

Underdog
Underdog (IP Logged)
12 February, 2018 21:19
Nah not laughable. Just hard luck for all involved. Let's hope he comes back when it settles down.

Weir and back again.

usa warrior
usa warrior (IP Logged)
12 February, 2018 21:29
This reads like it won’t be too long.

[www.edinburghrugby.org]

“Playmaker Weir, who was today poised to complete a loan move to Worcester Warriors, has been recalled to the squad and will feature against Ulster on Friday night.

Cockerill continued: “Unfortunately, because Jason Tovey and Phil Burleigh are out injured and Blair Kinghorn will be retained by the Scotland team, I’m bringing Duncan back for this weekend because we need that coverage – we can’t expose ourselves for the next week or so.

“But Duncan needs an opportunity and there’s an opportunity at Worcester. Now because he is a good man, we’ll let him take that opportunity, because he needs to go and find a new club. Where possible, we’ll try and help any player to move on in a positive way.”

AJWarriors
AJWarriors (IP Logged)
12 February, 2018 21:49
What A38 said. It’s just of those things,nothing to do with Worcester at all just unfortunate for Edinburgh that they have injuries ect...I’m pretty sure we would have done the same if we were in that position too. Don’t understand why people go OTT when there’s a clear and valid explanation why...not Duncan’s fault,Worcester or even Edinburgh. I’m sure he will be here at some point. Just not yet!

w4rriorz1980
w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
12 February, 2018 21:54
No drama,looks like he's coming at some point.It happens.

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
12 February, 2018 22:11
Yes.....too much hot air, no scandal, no drama, no eff-up.

FlipFlop
FlipFlop (IP Logged)
12 February, 2018 22:14
Hopefully he tells Du Preez and Clyne how good it is here while back ‘burgh.

backrow
backrow (IP Logged)
12 February, 2018 22:33
Found out that they don't sell haggis in Worcester Aldi . (Sm159)

MESSAGES->author
Faithful_City (IP Logged)
12 February, 2018 22:45
The point was his availability for the 25th Feb. after that it doesn’t matter.

JP

WorcesterSauce
WorcesterSauce (IP Logged)
12 February, 2018 23:05
The only mess up was Baldwin and Mama's. Had they not posted a picture of him on social media (the more i think about it, the more stupid it becomes.... what were they playing at?) then this would never have come out at all.

Latecomer
Latecomer (IP Logged)
12 February, 2018 23:27
Quote:
Faithful_City
The point was his availability for the 25th Feb. after that it doesn’t matter.
JP

Why's that PJ ? If we were to lose on the 25th Feb, then we could well need an experienced 10 for the remainder of our games to help us accumulate the points we might need to ensure survival.

w4rriorz1980
w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
12 February, 2018 23:32
PJ?

MESSAGES->author
West Brom Warrior (IP Logged)
12 February, 2018 23:57
Quote:
A38
From what little evidence there is I cannot agree that this was anything other than most unfortunate. It looks to me that in good faith the Club agreed to take Weir on short term loan and that last week Edinburgh were agreeable. However today everything changed when Edinburgh were unable to let the loan go ahead. He is their player after all and in any case I imagine the terms of the loan deal would have been that he could be called back with little or no notice.
So, I'm sorry, but I don't think that it is laughable or a shambles - at least as far as Worcester are concerned.

And as I said above, it only ever became public because two Worcester players were indiscreet and the club were forced to say something.

And, reading the WN report, it could well be that Weir will still come on loan later in the season once Edinburgh's problems are sorted. Cockerill says, implicitly, that he, Weir, needs to put himself in the shop window for next season and that playing for Worcester would do that. Of course, it also probably means that Worcester have "first refusal".

Spot on however there will always be some who will find fault with the club regardless

Warr-i-ors!
Warr-i-ors! (IP Logged)
13 February, 2018 06:24
Why are Edinburgh not offering him a new contract next season?

usa warrior
usa warrior (IP Logged)
13 February, 2018 07:19
Cockerill has said that hes making the squad smaller, but with greater quality.

Having said that, maybe he did, but the players refused.

MESSAGES->author
13 February, 2018 08:03
Mind you hes allegedly already spent more time at Sixways this season than Teo!

MESSAGES->author
West Brom Warrior (IP Logged)
13 February, 2018 08:27
Quote:
Warr-i-ors!
Why are Edinburgh not offering him a new contract next season?

Down to numbers as well as with Weir they have 4 players who play 10, clearly Cockerill rates the others and Weirs contract is up, I don't believe the other 3 are out of contract in the summer so could also be a case of don't need 4 he is out of contract first.

usa warrior
usa warrior (IP Logged)
13 February, 2018 08:31
Jason Tovey also off so not just Weir.

Again, seems like half pruning the squad and half inevitable change when a new DOR comes in.

NW2
NW2 (IP Logged)
13 February, 2018 12:38
"Comical" "Laughable" "a shambles" "Bizarre" ???

Sorry, it's none of these things. Just an unfortunate set of circumstances and Cockerill is doing exactly the right thing, as were Worcester in trying to get him here.

Give the club a break ffs!

Brummagem Bertie
Brummagem Bertie (IP Logged)
13 February, 2018 12:50
I'm definitely with those who think this is just one of those unfortunate sequence of events, totally outwith the control of the club, and not further evidence of poor management.

We may have to wait until mid-March, but it seems certain, barring further injuries to the other Edinburgh 10s, that the club have identified and secured an experienced, quality 10 for the run-in to the end of the season. That seems to me to be a good bit of business, having lost out on Lance.

Whatever you do, do it safely!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net