rugbyunion
Latest News:
Come On You Warriors!

This message board is for all things Warriors' and Rugby.
When posting please be aware that posts may be read by youngsters and respect other posters.
Click Here for the Message Board Rules

kiddykid
New owners
kiddykid (IP Logged)
13 February, 2018 10:53
Does ANYONE have ANY info on the situation?
Long before Christmas we all thought that we MUST know something bre Santa came, then it was the New Year, and then the end of Febuary, and then perhaps it will be after the Irish match when we should know our fate.
Well, last Saturday made that scenario redundant, so BB, come on, tell us something positive to put even more icing on the cake after Sandy Park - PLEASE!

MESSAGES->author
Re: New owners
Faithful_City (IP Logged)
13 February, 2018 11:01
Nope, doubt we will here much before May.

JP

A38
A38 (IP Logged)
13 February, 2018 11:11
Well, here's something:-

[warriors.co.uk]

The matter of the Club’s ownership has clearly been a topic of great concern this season and we have tried to be as open as possible during all stages of the process.

There have been occasions where we haven’t been able to divulge the specifics of our negotiations due to their confidential nature but we have endeavoured to keep you informed of our owners’ position.

To reiterate, our owners hold a clear view that they will only sell the Club to a party which has Worcester Warriors’ best interests at heart, can provide long-term stability and can oversee a successful future for this Club.

The owners have been backing this Club for the last decade and are not restricted by a timeframe in which to complete its sale so, until the right investor is found, they are committed to offering their continued financial support.

Their support has ensured we are able to build for next season and beyond. The appointment of Alan Solomons as Director of Rugby in December has given us the stability we needed on the pitch and he is already putting the foundations in place for our future success.

With Rory Duncan set to arrive as Head Coach in the summer, it is certainly an exciting time for the Club and we are confident we will go into next season in a strong place.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 13/02/2018 11:13 by A38.

MESSAGES->author
Powick Eastander (IP Logged)
13 February, 2018 11:19
for Saturday lovers

Next season we are planning on returning to playing as many of our home games as possible on a Saturday at 3pm. The feedback we have received from the majority of supporters this season suggests that they would like to see games being played on a Saturday rather than a Friday night.

http://v4admin.sportnetwork.net/upload/130/130_0_1418121803.jpg Warriors Rugby Supporters Club http://v4admin.sportnetwork.net/upload/130/130_0_1418121803.jpg

usa warrior
usa warrior (IP Logged)
13 February, 2018 11:20
Alright, someone find some fault in anything that was said in that newsletter... Just about as positive a news story as I've heard in a long time.

MESSAGES->author
Powick Eastander (IP Logged)
13 February, 2018 11:24

FlipFlop
FlipFlop (IP Logged)
13 February, 2018 11:28
"The owners have been backing this Club for the last decade...."

Have the Allens really been with us for 10 years? It doesn't seem that long.

Yes, this is a positive. I would only suggest that this could and maybe should have been issued earlier, as given its content and tone, it could have informed without compromising the real business going on behind the scenes. But that's my opinion.

usa warrior
usa warrior (IP Logged)
13 February, 2018 11:30
And there we are...

Abmatt
Abmatt (IP Logged)
13 February, 2018 11:39
PE Ditto to your post

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 13/02/2018 12:49 by Abmatt.

WorcesterSauce
WorcesterSauce (IP Logged)
13 February, 2018 11:46
Great stuff. Seems as though the owners really do have the clubs best interests at heart. If they didnt, surely a sale wouldve been made by now? The general message that comes out of that is that they are yet to find anyone suitable and are happy to continue backing the club.

MESSAGES->author
ARFC Warrior (IP Logged)
13 February, 2018 11:47
Quote:
usa warrior
Alright, someone find some fault in anything that was said in that newsletter...

I prefer Fridays, but recognise I am probably in the minority.

Well you challenged me. (Sm100)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 13/02/2018 11:49 by ARFC Warrior.

FlipFlop
FlipFlop (IP Logged)
13 February, 2018 11:49
USA / Abmatt

I don't see it as a negative to suggest it would have been helpful to have had this message sooner.

Brummagem Bertie
Brummagem Bertie (IP Logged)
13 February, 2018 12:02
Quote:
FlipFlop
"The owners have been backing this Club for the last decade...."
Have the Allens really been with us for 10 years? It doesn't seem that long.

Yes, this is a positive. I would only suggest that this could and maybe should have been issued earlier, as given its content and tone, it could have informed without compromising the real business going on behind the scenes. But that's my opinion.

I believe that the Allens took a minority shareholding, several years before they bought a majority stake, to help Cecil spread the load.

As for your other point, I agree. The update doesn't actually tell us whether there are any negotiations ongoing at the moment, whether there are one or more parties interested, how far any negotiations may have progressed: in short, there is nothing of substance.

Effectively, the message seems to be, "There is nothing to see here, move along now, but not before you've bought some tickets for the remaining games."

Still feeling like a mushroom.

Whatever you do, do it safely!

Sheldon
Sheldon (IP Logged)
13 February, 2018 12:25
I was a little nervous to read a number of players will be moving along?

I generally think of few as three, several as 5 and a "number " as being significantly more.

However there is loads of good news and maybe more change is for the best especially if the ins are like Black, Bresler, Weir ( lets hope) , Beck etc.

It feels like the Allens have already approved a sensible budget for next year which they would stand by if a potential new owner wont.

A few weeks ago I thought we were in serious trouble. Now I am beginning to think the opposite.

MESSAGES->author
Faithful_City (IP Logged)
13 February, 2018 12:33
I am more than happy with that statement from the Chairman.

Well done to him and the club for telling us so publicly where we stand

JP

Big T 15
Big T 15 (IP Logged)
13 February, 2018 12:35
1. Not selling to a 'bad buyer'. TICK.

2. More Saturday at 3pm games based on feedback. TICK.

3. Pears next please.

Well in the management! Love it. VERY positive.

FlipFlop
FlipFlop (IP Logged)
13 February, 2018 12:40
BB,

Glad i'm not the only one taking this communication as anything other than a polite holding e-mail. Given that new ownership has been in the limelight since Sept/October, i think this is the least the club could do in the circumstances, but seems to have had to be forced.

Is the planned "Meet the...." evening still planned that one or two requested on here a few weeks back? I think that it was intended to get updates such as this.

Abmatt
Abmatt (IP Logged)
13 February, 2018 12:48
Quote:
FlipFlop
USA / Abmatt
I don't see it as a negative to suggest it would have been helpful to have had this message sooner.

Sorry, my reply was to an earlier post.

Should have refreshed before typing

FlipFlop
FlipFlop (IP Logged)
13 February, 2018 15:22
My bad.

Sorry for the confusion.

usa warrior
usa warrior (IP Logged)
13 February, 2018 17:48
Mine wasn't.

To answer two points above, as stated in another thread, I expect 10 players to move on. Mostly squad though, but I didn't see Denton coming at all...

Fans forum is next week. Check your email if you're an ST holder.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net