rugbyunion
Latest News:
We are The Warriors! The Mighty Worcester Warriors!

This message board is for all things Warriors' and Rugby.
When posting please be aware that posts may be read by youngsters and respect other posters.
Click Here for the Message Board Rules

A38
Chairman's Update
A38 (IP Logged)
13 February, 2018 11:19
Occasionally the club is criticised for a lack of communication but this goes quite some way towards addressing a number of issues including ownership and recruitment and also Saturday afternoon games.

[warriors.co.uk]

usa warrior
Re: Chairman's Update
usa warrior (IP Logged)
13 February, 2018 11:21
Quadruple Le Roux (all by A38), but more than happy to support this thread.

p1umb
p1umb (IP Logged)
13 February, 2018 13:27
Returning to Saturday fixtures?

I hope for the clubs sake that the intransigence that caused them to choose Friday

nights over Saturday 3pms hasn't bitten them in the proverbial ass.

Trying to convince people to rejoin the season ticket/regular supporter brigades, after

ignoring the customer's preferences just to suit the some unfathomable whim which

appears to have been an expensive marketing disaster. Following a year of

disassociation I suspect the club will find it's former customers may have found

something else to do with their time and money.The difficulty will be to persuade them to

reinvest their time and money if they believe that bond has been broken.

FlipFlop
FlipFlop (IP Logged)
13 February, 2018 15:29
I guess it's not entirely clear how many disconnected due to Friday's and how many for on field reasons.

Saturday switch could bring the disconnected back quite quickly, albeit on a match by chosen match basis, given that we don't sell out anymore.

If it is for on field performance reasons, the magnetic appeal of Sixways may take longer to wield it's power.

Ronster
Drahm for England (IP Logged)
13 February, 2018 15:31
Regardless of whether we play Fridays, Saturdays or even Tuesday nights, there is one thing that will get people back & that is winning far more often than we do now!

MESSAGES->author
West Brom Warrior (IP Logged)
13 February, 2018 18:04
A really useful update from Bill and the club, I am delighted to see more games on Saturday next season, living in London I struggle for Friday nights although I much prefer the atmosphere on Friday.

It is also pleasing to hear the commercial arm doing well with record revenue, the more money we generate through those avenues the less need there will be for ticket price increases.

Northwick
Northwick (IP Logged)
23 February, 2018 17:18
I and at least 15 others I know of did not renew season tickets for this season because we want to watch live rugby on Saturdays. I am living in hope that the fixtures next season back up the chairman's statementhe.

I would also like to know why I have never been invited to participate in a survey despite being a member for 20 years. If conducting a survey include all the membership

MESSAGES->author
Faithful_City (IP Logged)
23 February, 2018 17:46
The only reason yout not called willl be a problem with your email.

Just check with the club if your email is correct

Donít mix membership with ST holder.

JP

Patgadd
Patgadd (IP Logged)
23 February, 2018 18:58
Beth explained on Wednesday evening that those who didn't respond to emails for a certain length of time were taken off the email list. Thus ST holders, who are automatically members of the supporters' club but haven't shown any email activity for a long time, are no longer emailed. A phone call will immediately put your name back on the list.

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
24 February, 2018 00:06
Patís right of course, he always is.

My comment to Beth was that the club was being a little bit over sensitive, dropping ST holders from a mailing list because they hadnít responded to previous emails offering various links was a trifle naive. They were considered ď disengagedĒ if I remember correctly, my view was that anyone who had paid several hundred quid for a season ticket was most certainly engaged, and why on earth wouldnít you continue to email them at every possible opportunity.

MESSAGES->author
Fiver (IP Logged)
24 February, 2018 15:01
Seriously!!!! I've been considered disinterested by the club and snubbed because at some point I didn't have time to respond to an email. That's shocking. The club have suffered a season where fans feel pushed out, only to have this nail on the coffin. Words now fail me.

gmem
Garym (IP Logged)
24 February, 2018 16:32
Quote:
Fiver
Seriously!!!! I've been considered disinterested by the club and snubbed because at some point I didn't have time to respond to an email. That's shocking. The club have suffered a season where fans feel pushed out, only to have this nail on the coffin. Words now fail me.

To further clarify this - it is not because you didn't respond to an email, but because you didn't click on a link in an email. The joys of digital marketing in this day and age

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
24 February, 2018 16:38
Donít forget boys and girls that the primary driver for Fri nights was a belief that it made things difficult for the visiting team, and was a match advantage. This has been proved to be wrong, and was clearly not pleasing ST holders also.

It was made clear by Gus on Wed that the club now understood this, and wouldnít be scheduling any more than the occasional Friday.

It was also made clear that others, notably Newcastle and Sale, were quite likely to continue to prefer Fridays, and itís the home clubís call.

And finally, if the broadcaster wants Friday, itís Friday..

MESSAGES->author
Fiver (IP Logged)
24 February, 2018 17:42
Ok, in that case I didn't have time to click on the link because of what I'd need to follow it up with. Whoever made that decision needs a firm talking to.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net