rugbyunion
Latest News:
We are The Warriors! The Mighty Worcester Warriors!

This message board is for all things Warriors' and Rugby.
When posting please be aware that posts may be read by youngsters and respect other posters.
Click Here for the Message Board Rules

Sheldon
Still required
Sheldon (IP Logged)
13 February, 2018 15:27
Just over two hours after the last announcement but still more recruitment needed

Assuming no more unknown leavers we need

Two second rows of international class to replace Spencer and O'Callaghan
A high quality back up scrum half for FH ( Sam Hidalgo Clyne would be good)
An international fly half ( Weir would be good) and a back up

Surprised we haven't signed any Cheetahs or maybe they are next after the Edinburgh raid

I hope that isn't it

Ronster
Re: Still required
Drahm for England (IP Logged)
13 February, 2018 15:28
I would say 1 x international lock & 1 x Premiership standard lock would suffice. Somebody in the mould of Elliot Stooke, good player but won't be lost to internationals.

Malvern Man
Malvern Man (IP Logged)
13 February, 2018 15:36
I agree we need an international standard fly-half and Weir would do nicely, but I think Shillcock is coming along very well and will be number one in a year or two.

AJWarriors
AJWarriors (IP Logged)
13 February, 2018 15:36
Iíd say thereís still quite a bit of work to do. To say Iím disappointed with Denton is an understatement. I was really hoping to see a back row of himself,Du Preez and Lewis. For me though we still need

Tight head prop x 1 (Biyi is leaving)
Locks x 2 (replace DOC & Spencer)
Iíd still like a big ball carrying 8 and play Du Preez at 6
Scrum Half (SHC) x 1
Fly Half x 2 (replace Lance & Heathcote)
Full Back x 1 (Ben likely to leave)

usa warrior
usa warrior (IP Logged)
13 February, 2018 15:39
What AJ said.

Cox was very, very good on Saturday when he came on, as was Bresler. Both really upped the intensity and could fill those voids at 6 and 4.

More recruitment needed and, no doubt, still more to come.

FlipFlop
FlipFlop (IP Logged)
13 February, 2018 16:32
Tight head prop x 1 (Biyi is leaving)

Have i missed that announcement?

Patgadd
Patgadd (IP Logged)
13 February, 2018 20:22
Darren Barry is beginning to flower, and if he can bulk up a bit over the summer could well become a regular starter.

Warrior7
Warrior7 (IP Logged)
13 February, 2018 22:22
Why do we need another 9?

Otherwise I agree with a tighthead, lock(s), a 10, another centre and a fullback.

usa warrior
usa warrior (IP Logged)
13 February, 2018 22:24
Because two might be leaving.

Warrior7
Warrior7 (IP Logged)
13 February, 2018 23:06
I thought Dowsett signed on earlier this season/last season?

shrewsburyman
shrewsburyman (IP Logged)
14 February, 2018 01:56
Bresler has played well but I would like us to sign a 4 to help to beef up the pack.

MESSAGES->author
knightstemplar (IP Logged)
14 February, 2018 07:12
We need premiership quality depth at 3, 4/5, 10 and 15 to climb up the table

Eternal optimist
Eternal optimist (IP Logged)
14 February, 2018 07:35
Owner

usa warrior
usa warrior (IP Logged)
14 February, 2018 07:42
Quote:
Warrior7
I thought Dowsett signed on earlier this season/last season?

Contract length is the question I suppose.

MESSAGES->author
Faithful_City (IP Logged)
14 February, 2018 07:59
What has happened to Phillips?

JP

usa warrior
usa warrior (IP Logged)
14 February, 2018 08:05
Injured a few weeks back.

Ronster
14 February, 2018 08:23
Not convinced on Barry I'm afraid, too many missed tackles (awful attempt to tackle the replacement front row for Exe in the AW game) and he doesn't break the line OR offload.

usa warrior
usa warrior (IP Logged)
14 February, 2018 08:33
Very daft penalty for in at the side early on as well. Also not convinced.

MSR-Worcester
MSR-Worcester (IP Logged)
14 February, 2018 10:31
Quote:
Drahm for England
Not convinced on Barry I'm afraid, too many missed tackles (awful attempt to tackle the replacement front row for Exe in the AW game) and he doesn't break the line OR offload.

Nonsense nearly scored a try with his line break on saturday!

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
14 February, 2018 11:16
Havenít seen enough of him to be convinced or otherwise .

Fair enough to comment on individual incidents, but have we really seen enough to make overall judgements?

gmem
Garym (IP Logged)
14 February, 2018 12:24
When compared to Mitch Lees in the same situation, he was definitely second best

Warrior7
Warrior7 (IP Logged)
14 February, 2018 13:42
We've seen a full season of Barry starting most weeks in the 2015/2016 season and he was solid and competed well. Atm he looks a bit too slow whilst not being the biggest, but did play well in the game last weekend.

Ronster
14 February, 2018 13:48
Wasn't at the Exeter game so can't comment but watched him a fair few times now and he just isn't to the same standard as DOC, Spencer, CSW or even the brief sights of Bresler we've had. Could be a coaching issue in that he isn't really either the bulk/enforcer OR the line out jumper, perhaps the coaches haven't decided which he should be yet?

Patgadd
Patgadd (IP Logged)
14 February, 2018 14:11
Agreed he isn't as good as Mitch Lees, but I do believe he's improved this season, and will not let us down, and at 28 he's got a few years left in him

FlipFlop
FlipFlop (IP Logged)
14 February, 2018 15:03
[www.bbc.co.uk]

Anyone think we need, or are in with a chance of getting Kieran Brookes who is leaving Saints?

AJWarriors
AJWarriors (IP Logged)
14 February, 2018 15:07
100% take him. Would add quality to our so far improved squad depth for next year

Ronster
14 February, 2018 15:20
A perfect Warriors-type player in that he's lost his way at his current club but joining Warriors could get him back on track. At 27, he's still young for a TH and he, Schonert & Gareth M would be a great set of props!

Having said all that, expect he might return to Budgies...

lokicrichtonfan
lokicrichtonfan (IP Logged)
14 February, 2018 16:38
Sign Brookes up, get him back to performing his best then ship him off to tigers. Job done. X

MESSAGES->author
Fiver (IP Logged)
14 February, 2018 19:28
I always find it weird when it's announced a player will leave, but there's no mention of where he's going. How many players leave a club without a contract elsewhere? I'm talking about good players, mind you.

The other question is how many other deals are already done, but don't get announced to allow for a drip feed of information? Surely we're looking in a good enough position for players to want to join as Irish look ready for the drop.

AJWarriors
AJWarriors (IP Logged)
14 February, 2018 21:34
I guess it will happen until itís almost a dead cert. I donít really like to say we are safe just yet because it will be tempting fate...Iíd rather it be a bit more certain in my opinion anyway.

Just watched the Exeter game again and I still think we lack physicality in the forwards,but in saying that we looked a lot fitter and quicker than they did around the park and I was particularly impressed with the line speed. I think the back row held their own but we still looked a bit light in the second row until Bresler came on (who looks a very good player btw)

Iíd stick with what I said early in this thread about whatís needed and thatís a tighthead,two second rows of high quality to replace Donnacha and Will...a big ball carrying 8 to replace Dents as I see Cornell more as a ball playing 6..another 9 and 10,but of high quality and maybe a full back. Other than that next years squad is looking pretty strong in all positions if we nail the rest of our recruitment.

I did read earlier that Solly said they may sign Weir permanently for next season and in another article about Jono he said we will wait to see how it unfolds,so itís possible we could have both here next year which would be great. Shilly could cover Pens at full Back if Ben isnít retained too

A38
A38 (IP Logged)
15 February, 2018 09:03
[www.worcesternews.co.uk]

I'm just copying in WN's report on latest Solomons comment.

AJWarriors
AJWarriors (IP Logged)
15 February, 2018 09:12
Exciting!!!

Brummagem Bertie
Brummagem Bertie (IP Logged)
15 February, 2018 13:21
Quote:
FlipFlop
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/43058823
Anyone think we need, or are in with a chance of getting Kieran Brookes who is leaving Saints?

Rumoured to be Marty Mooreís replacement at Wasps.

Whatever you do, do it safely!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net