rugbyunion
Latest News:
Come On You Warriors!

This message board is for all things Warriors' and Rugby.
When posting please be aware that posts may be read by youngsters and respect other posters.
Click Here for the Message Board Rules

Southstand(again)
Coaches next season
Southstand(again) (IP Logged)
14 February, 2018 16:13
The general consensus since Rory Duncan was announced is that there will be a "Changing of the guard" on the coaching front that will include replacing everyone with the exception our very good scrum coach.

Given that the DOR appoints his coaching team rather than any incoming head coach my question is why would Alan Solomons dispense with the services of Omar Mouniemne ?

In the short time Alan has been at Sixways he has done little to persuade me that his Rugby philosophy is any different to that of Gary Gold's which was built around solid tactical kicking.Field position and strong organised defence.

That Sandy Park performance had "Omar" written all over it.

He was "Alan's man" at Edinburgh. Surely he's still that at Worcester ?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 14/02/2018 16:15 by Southstand(again).

MSR-Worcester
Re: Coaches next season
MSR-Worcester (IP Logged)
14 February, 2018 16:46
WN speculated Cross and Vesty would be leaving. Nothing on Omar. Given he only joined last year I don't think the new regime will see him as part of the ''old guard' so he will likely stay.

silver warrior
silver warrior (IP Logged)
14 February, 2018 16:53
Omar was definitely involved on Saturday down at Sandy Park.

Brummagem Bertie
Brummagem Bertie (IP Logged)
14 February, 2018 18:42
Solly made a point of name checking Omar in his interview straight after the game on Saturday.

Whatever you do, do it safely!

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
14 February, 2018 18:52
Agree, I believe Omar will stay, and I’ll be pleased when he does.

misunderstood
misunderstood (IP Logged)
14 February, 2018 21:02
Maybe he will but we have also seen some pretty ropey defence displays since he joined us
We need to ask ourselves, what else has changed

Always misunderstood

FlipFlop
FlipFlop (IP Logged)
14 February, 2018 21:12
Chiefs was a demo of what the team can do Defence wise, but did it come st the expense of not trying to run everything possession wise, ala tight, four performances under Hill?

Season wise we have one of the worst points A scores in the league, so Omar and the team have not answered the Defence worries for me yet, any better than Cross did last year, and we know how he’s finished up.

Not sure how good Cheetah’s Defence Coach is.

kiddykid
kiddykid (IP Logged)
15 February, 2018 12:44
Misunderstood is right. .. One good defensive display does not make a season - although it was pretty impressive and very important. If it can be achieved at Sandy Park then let's do it at all our away games - except against Irish.

worcestawarrior
worcestawarrior (IP Logged)
15 February, 2018 12:53
away coach is Aston(Sm20)

FlipFlop
FlipFlop (IP Logged)
15 February, 2018 22:24
Quote:
kiddykid
Misunderstood is right. If it can be achieved at Sandy Park then let's do it at all our away games - except against Irish.

Why wouldn’t we want a good Defence against Irish? Surely that has to be the key game to be watertight and hopefully ensure our own safety,or do you want the season to go the wire?

Worcester Way
Worcester Way (IP Logged)
15 February, 2018 22:36
Tbf to Omar I think he’s coaching a much more aggressive form of defence that is taking time to bed in. Great when it works like against chiefs but can fall apart. Time and practice is all that will heal this. Hope the guy stays.

Very intrigued as to who will be defending regularly in the outside centre channel when Jackson departs, I assume Beck? If he’s more aggressive off the line than Jackson who’s more of a ball player I think it could be a good thing.

MESSAGES->author
Faithful_City (IP Logged)
16 February, 2018 08:00
Te’o or Olivier at 13

JP

Patgadd
Patgadd (IP Logged)
16 February, 2018 09:51
Time to put my hand up. I suggested that Omar would go at the end of the season, and with apparently good reason. That "reason" has now evaporated. I therefore officially name and shame myself. Doesn't mean he won't go of course - just that I am as ignorant as anyone else.

Whispering_Death
Whispering_Death (IP Logged)
16 February, 2018 11:10
I think you’re doing yourself an injustice there Pat. It’s one game, we need to defend consistently well before we can say there is a marked improvement surely.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net