rugbyunion
Latest News:
Come On You Warriors!

This message board is for all things Warriors' and Rugby.
When posting please be aware that posts may be read by youngsters and respect other posters.
Click Here for the Message Board Rules

kiddykid
Duncan Weir
kiddykid (IP Logged)
21 February, 2018 12:44
Now that he is not in the Scotland Six Nations squad this weekend........can we have him please?

rossi
Re: Duncan Weir
Mr_Worcester (IP Logged)
21 February, 2018 12:47
Its about whether Edinburgh still need him, not if Scotland do.

kiddykid
kiddykid (IP Logged)
21 February, 2018 13:14
Cockers deems him surplus to requirements, so, let's have him with us IF his longer-term signing is to happen.

rossi
Mr_Worcester (IP Logged)
21 February, 2018 14:40
Quote:
kiddykid
Cockers deems him surplus to requirements, so, let's have him with us IF his longer-term signing is to happen.

Yep but then recalled him due to injuries.

Id imagine hell be back in a few weeks, if not the hopefully on a permanent basis in the summer.

w4rriorz1980
w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
21 February, 2018 15:01
Yes and Pennell and Mills as back up place kickers.

Malvern Man
Malvern Man (IP Logged)
21 February, 2018 15:31
Will he be first choice 10 if he comes? Mr Shillcock is coming along nicely.

w4rriorz1980
w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
21 February, 2018 15:39
Quote:
Malvern Man
Quite MM! Shilly slipped my mind.Weir would be by no means automatic first choice but if next season either didn't have their place kicking boots on I'd be confident in Pennell and Millsy (complemented with his strapping of course!)

MESSAGES->author
West Brom Warrior (IP Logged)
21 February, 2018 16:31
Quote:
Malvern Man

Shilly was also unfit and out of form early season so having a couple of capable 10s is worth it. Weir would improve the strength of the squad overall but would also not stop Shilly from getting game time as which will help him reach his potential

MESSAGES->author
drifter (IP Logged)
21 February, 2018 17:43
thought shilly had a good game on saturday him and marcus smith could be the answer. wishful thinking but does show that youth has to be given its chance

w4rriorz1980
w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
21 February, 2018 17:57
Quote:
drifter
thought shilly had a good game on saturday him and marcus smith could be the answer. wishful thinking but does show that youth has to be given its chance
If I was Quins I'd tie Marcus Smith down to a long contract pronto.

AJWarriors
AJWarriors (IP Logged)
21 February, 2018 18:26
They have already. Signed a few months back

kiddykid
kiddykid (IP Logged)
21 February, 2018 21:02
Tonight's Q & A with Gus.......I still need reassuring that DW is definite. Don't really buy into 'no news is good news'. Hope I'm wrong though.

MESSAGES->author
Faithful_City (IP Logged)
21 February, 2018 21:12
Like I have said before, I do not think he will come.

JP

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
21 February, 2018 22:08
I genuinely think Gus doesnt know. He signs contracts when theyre put in front of him, Solly runs the rugby department, and pretty well so far.

MESSAGES->author
Faithful_City (IP Logged)
21 February, 2018 22:34
And you dont think they communicate with each other, they work in isolation?

Sorry TT I dont buy that.

JP

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
21 February, 2018 23:05
He seemed to turn to Beth once or twice when rugby issues were mentioned didnt he. Id wonder why hed be coy if he really knew the Weir situation, its not as though its such a sensitive issue, Id gave thought he could tell us.

Anyway, well find out soon enough, my inclination is that Weir will come.

I liked the bit about a new song.....who was it wanted what he called this Green and Pleasant Land? I presume he meant Jerusalem! W could have it just after wed sung the national anthem while enjoying our veggie burgers.

Patgadd
Patgadd (IP Logged)
21 February, 2018 23:13
Quote:
Faithful_City
And you dont think they communicate with each other, they work in isolation?
Sorry TT I dont buy that.

JP

Actually, I was told just that.

usa warrior
usa warrior (IP Logged)
22 February, 2018 08:23
Quote:
TeflonTed
He seemed to turn to Beth once or twice when rugby issues were mentioned didnt he. Id wonder why hed be coy if he really knew the Weir situation, its not as though its such a sensitive issue, Id gave thought he could tell us.
Anyway, well find out soon enough, my inclination is that Weir will come.

I liked the bit about a new song.....who was it wanted what he called this Green and Pleasant Land? I presume he meant Jerusalem! W could have it just after wed sung the national anthem while enjoying our veggie burgers.

Someone did bring up a lack of veggie food, if I recall! Possibly not a pipe dream there TT.

Blue&GoldWarrior
Blue&GoldWarrior (IP Logged)
22 February, 2018 08:58
Seem to remember from the BB press release that he mentioned Gus' work on the commercial side. I've always got the impression the reason they replaced J O'T with him was so Rugby and Commercial were almost run separately.

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
22 February, 2018 09:01
Yes, and living with a veggie I know how she deals with burger vans at rugby games.

After bending their ears about not having a veggie option she usually walks away with a fried onion bun, complimentary, just to shut her up.

hairyicecream
wusstawizard (IP Logged)
22 February, 2018 11:49
Do we need Weir? What does he add that we don't already have? The Shilly-Mills combination has been serving us well recently. Weir's nowhere near the Scotland team, and Edinburgh don't want him, so is he really the standard of 10 that we should be after?

MSR-Worcester
MSR-Worcester (IP Logged)
22 February, 2018 12:03
Weir is on the bench for Edinburgh against Dragons tomorrow night. I suspect at the earliest he would be available after the end of the Six Nations when Edinburgh have their Scotland players back.

Patgadd
Patgadd (IP Logged)
22 February, 2018 12:08
Quote:
wusstawizard
Do we need Weir? What does he add that we don't already have? The Shilly-Mills combination has been serving us well recently. Weir's nowhere near the Scotland team, and Edinburgh don't want him, so is he really the standard of 10 that we should be after?
I've said before that I don't believe we'll get real star signings. The way forward seems to be to sign good solid players and make sure we bring the academy on. There may be the odd stellar signing, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if there were none. How long were Chiefs in the prem before they signed a real name?

TVM Rides Again....Again
TVM Rides Again (IP Logged)
22 February, 2018 12:48
Quote:
Patgadd
Quote:
wusstawizard
I've said before that I don't believe we'll get real star signings. The way forward seems to be to sign good solid players and make sure we bring the academy on. There may be the odd stellar signing, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if there were none. How long were Chiefs in the prem before they signed a real name?

They've made their own big names, by and large

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
22 February, 2018 15:53
And Kai!

Brummagem Bertie
Brummagem Bertie (IP Logged)
22 February, 2018 16:42
Quote:
wusstawizard

Yes.

He adds experience and depth, neither of which we have at the moment.

It has, but it's unrealistic to expect either, much less both, to stay fit and healthy for the entire season. Even if they did, they would need a rest at some point.

Granted and true, but yes. He is an experienced ex-international with the nous to close out games and will be a great mentor for Shilly, the Academy 10, and Sam Olver, if he's staying.

Whatever you do, do it safely!

Southstand(again)
Southstand(again) (IP Logged)
23 February, 2018 10:44
Duncan amongst the replacements at Newport tonight

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net