rugbyunion
Latest News:
We are The Warriors! The Mighty Worcester Warriors!

This message board is for all things Warriors' and Rugby.
When posting please be aware that posts may be read by youngsters and respect other posters.
Click Here for the Message Board Rules

A38
Hougaard likely to be available for Sale game.
A38 (IP Logged)
09 March, 2018 15:53
[www.worcesternews.co.uk]

Not encouraging about Baldwin.

Whispering_Death
Re: Hougaard likely to be available for Sale game.
Whispering_Death (IP Logged)
09 March, 2018 15:59
ĎAnd we have still got Jonny Arrí....does that sound to anyone else like he wonít be here much longer?

dkexile
dkexile (IP Logged)
09 March, 2018 18:01
Quote:
Whispering_Death
ĎAnd we have still got Jonny Arrí....does that sound to anyone else like he wonít be here much longer?

Not to me, sounded more like he almost didn't mention him as in 'and obviously there's arr' type of way.

Would find it very strange if we let arr leave without a significant signing at scrum half.

Screech
Screech (IP Logged)
09 March, 2018 19:32
Rumour has it Arr has not been offered a new contract.

w4rriorz1980
w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
09 March, 2018 19:37
Quote:
Screech
Rumour has it Arr has not been offered a new contract.
I hope he has.
Has been on a par with Hougaard recently.

FlipFlop
FlipFlop (IP Logged)
09 March, 2018 19:44
I think many need to be reminded need that we have Arr as many donít seem to think him worthy of selection. Good pairing with FH. Hope FH can actually counter de Klerk and impose his game on Sale.

Screech
Screech (IP Logged)
09 March, 2018 19:47
He's been a good servant to the club, but I don't think he's ever really added that extra spark we've needed to climb the table, he's a solid championship player in my opinion. I do agree that he has been on par with Hougaard, but a below par Hougaard that is. But I wouldn't mind if Jonny did stay on but five 9's, six if you include Shilly isn't really necessary.

FlipFlop
FlipFlop (IP Logged)
09 March, 2018 19:54
Have to ask why FH has been below par? Maybe the novelty of playing for an 11th place side has lost its shine. Not the talisman of previous seasons. Need him to be full tilt.

Screech
Screech (IP Logged)
09 March, 2018 20:05
Comparing Hougi's form to that of last season where he was on fire! One performance in particular springs to mind, that game against Bristol, which I do not think we have seen him replicate at Sixways since his bad experience with SA in the Autumn internationals. However, he's still world class and I seriously hope we can get him to resign next season, which is probably likely as he really seems to be enjoying his time as a Warrior.

dkexile
dkexile (IP Logged)
10 March, 2018 08:02
Hougaard has been below his best as he has played a lot of games with his only breaks being due to injuries then getting rushed back into the side.

If he gets a rest after the season and a good pre season I think he'll be great again next season.

w4rriorz1980
w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
10 March, 2018 10:28
Quote:
FlipFlop
I think many need to be reminded need that we have Arr as many donít seem to think him worthy of selection. Good pairing with FH. Hope FH can actually counter de Klerk and impose his game on Sale.
Tbh I think Faf is a better all round player than Franny.

Eats,Shoots And Leaves

Brummagem Bertie
Brummagem Bertie (IP Logged)
10 March, 2018 11:52
Quote:
dkexile
Hougaard has been below his best as he has played a lot of games with his only breaks being due to injuries then getting rushed back into the side.
If he gets a rest after the season and a good pre season I think he'll be great again next season.

I think you're spot on about FH needing a summer off and a proper pre-season. It can't help having so many different people outside him. I suspect that he hasn't trained a lot with Shilly because of his injuries and little knocks and niggles week to week.

He and Lance seemed to be clicking before Lance got injured.

Whatever you do, do it safely!

MESSAGES->author
Fiver (IP Logged)
11 March, 2018 19:21
I personally think FH is at his best, like any scrum half, when the forwards are going forwards and providing quick release. Recently our forwards have been going backwards and not giving quick release. FH spends most of his time wrestling forwards, which surely isn't really his job.

Regarding Arr, recently he's been spotting gaps and running through them, which is the opposite to the biggest criticism he usually gets. Maybe those gaps are there as the other teams don't expect him to snipe, but the bigger problem is that none of our own team can read it, possibly as none of them expect him to do it.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net