rugbyunion
Latest News:
We are The Warriors! The Mighty Worcester Warriors!

This message board is for all things Warriors' and Rugby.
When posting please be aware that posts may be read by youngsters and respect other posters.
Click Here for the Message Board Rules

MESSAGES->author
Attendances
Faithful_City (IP Logged)
06 April, 2018 08:44
http://www.sixwaysrugby.co.uk/Images/Attendances.jpg

JP

WorcesterSauce
Re: Attendances
WorcesterSauce (IP Logged)
06 April, 2018 09:45
This season's will rise slightly but its unlikely we will top 9,000

MESSAGES->author
06 April, 2018 11:25
A picture is worth a 1,000 words

http://www.sixwaysrugby.co.uk/Images/GraphAttendances.jpg

Not good - Average attendances has dropped by 33%!

JP

Southstand(again)
Southstand(again) (IP Logged)
06 April, 2018 12:57
Bigger picture John.

In 2009 you could purchase a Gold seat for £24
In 2018 that same seat will cost you £42

In 2009 the average UK weekly wage was £488
In 2018 the average UK weekly wage is £514

since 2009 the increase in seat price is 83 %
since 2009 the average UK wage increase is 5.3%

As a percentage of earnings, coming to sixways has risen from 4.9% of the average weekly wage to 8.5%

Totally happy for someone to check my figures. My sources were club archives and The Office for National Statistics.

No criticism of the Club. More an observation that Premiership Rugby has sought to grow the game against a backdrop of austerity and has lost "Joe average" along the way.

FlipFlop
FlipFlop (IP Logged)
06 April, 2018 13:40
Correlation of league position is the main factor IMO rather than match day pricing. When the big games come, folk always seem to make the time to be there irrespective of cost. When we arrived to begin with, it was all new and shiny and everyone wanted to be on the bus.

2 relegations later and near the bottom of the Prem to frequently, and people are making alternative arrangements. That's not to say austerity isn't in the mix, but get us top 6 and average and Sell outs would increase despite austerity effects IMO.

Don't see this seasons average improving greatly to be honest as a large number just want the season to be done with and for us to survive. Not being in Cup comps, even the likes of the ECC or AWC, makes the end of season an intermittent slog with nothing much to play for, once safety is assured.

Of course Warriors being Warriors, like to maximise the intensity of end of season by fluffing their lines when to act them out would be so much easier.

A38
A38 (IP Logged)
06 April, 2018 14:03
Are figures available for the premiership as a whole - over the same time period? Perhaps we shouldn't look at Worcester in isolation? Economic factors will be broadly the same up and down the country. My gut feel is that results are more of a driver than price. One can hear disenchantment about performance quite a lot.

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
06 April, 2018 15:34
Quote:
A38
Are figures available for the premiership as a whole - over the same time period? Perhaps we shouldn't look at Worcester in isolation? Economic factors will be broadly the same up and down the country. My gut feel is that results are more of a driver than price. One can hear disenchantment about performance quite a lot.

This is the place to find everything.

[rugby.statbunker.com]

The link may not work, since registration (free) is required, but once you’re in there isn’t much it won’t tell you.

Apart from tomorrow’s result.

MESSAGES->author
Fiver (IP Logged)
06 April, 2018 16:48
I only judge by the people I speak to. Those who know little about rugby tell me Warriors are rubbish. Those who know and used to come in the old days, don't feel it's the same club anymore, which of course it isn't.

I'd suggest that both camps might well start turning up if results were better. Most of us are expecting to lose tomorrow, and that is purely based on facts from the season's results thus far. I can't see anyone returning in a hurry until that perception changes.

MESSAGES->author
06 April, 2018 17:04
Don't be too certain we are going to lose

http://www.sixwaysrugby.co.uk/Images/FalconsHomeTable.jpg

JP

MESSAGES->author
06 April, 2018 17:21
Attendance v Revenue

http://www.sixwaysrugby.co.uk/Images/AttendancesRevenue.jpg

Shows we may have lost some customers/supporters but revenue is up 64% on 2004-05

MESSAGES->author
15 April, 2018 11:03
Raised above, how do we compare to the average premiership attendances since 2004

Here is the picture

http://www.sixwaysrugby.co.uk/Images/Graphs/AvgAttend.jpg

And its not a "Pretty Picture"

Good growth for the Premiership but pretty devastating for us, every 1,000 drop is probably worth £500k worth of sales(Tickets, food, drinks, clothing)

Probably £1.5million loss in revenue from our peek, more likely £2million to £2.5million from where we should be.

JP

WorcesterSauce
15 April, 2018 13:53
Thing is since 2004 weve seen bath move games to twickenham, sarries wembley, newcastle st james etc etc. These one off gimmick games aimed at boosting attendances have become far more regular. We cant/dont do that which i quite like.

w4rriorz1980
w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
15 April, 2018 14:22
Out of interest where would we take a "home" game to? Villa Park?
Not HQ I would imagine.Probably not many Wuss fans in the Big Smoke like there might be from other teams.
JP,how many fans did we take for our last London game? V Sarries wasn't it? HQ or Wembley?

Eats,Shoots And Leaves

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 15/04/2018 14:26 by w4rriorz1980.

MESSAGES->author
15 April, 2018 14:24
Wembley, I think it was around 1,500

WorcesterSauce
15 April, 2018 21:45
Wembley was well, well, well in excess of 1500. The club took at least 2500 on their own (this is documented) and id say that there was over double that who made their own way down. Our train from Warwick parkway was certainly busy with worcester fans. I'd hazard a guess that around 5-6,000 went to wembley.

MESSAGES->author
15 April, 2018 21:48
9 coaches went down 450

JP

WorcesterSauce
15 April, 2018 22:22
JP, sorry but that's complete rubbish. I was wrong with the 2500 from the club (mis read 1500) but my wider point remains and i stand by my 5-6,000 estimate given that a good few will have also bought through Saracens.

[warriors.co.uk]

''Supporters are advised that the club has now SOLD OUT of all our ticket allocation for the league game at Wembley Stadium on Saturday – with over 4,000 tickets sold from the Warriors Box Office to fans to watch the clash with Saracens.

The club announced last week that all travel deals were sold out with 30 coaches full and over 1,500 fans travelling with the club on packages to the capital.''

p1umb
p1umb (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 07:44
Don't let the truth or the facts get in the way of a good post JP.(Sm111)

Always remember the pen is mightier than the sword.(Sm137)

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 08:12
Quote:
p1umb
Always remember the pen is mightier than the sword.(Sm137)

Of course, and I’m sure if Comrade Jeremy writes a polite note to that nasty bloke Assad he’ll stop being beastly to his own citizens.

MESSAGES->author
16 April, 2018 08:29
I got mixed up with the Sarries game at Twickenham

Patgadd
Patgadd (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 08:47
Quote:
p1umb
Always remember the pen is mightier than the sword.

Tell you what: you take a pen - any pen you like - and I'll grab a sword, and we'll see who wins. Dawn at Sixways suit? (Sm137)

p1umb
p1umb (IP Logged)
16 April, 2018 08:56
Mind you don't cut yourself PG(Sm83)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net