rugbyunion
Latest News:
Come On You Warriors!

This message board is for all things Warriors' and Rugby.
When posting please be aware that posts may be read by youngsters and respect other posters.
Click Here for the Message Board Rules

A38
Olver: Ealing confirmed
A38 (IP Logged)
06 April, 2018 11:25

MESSAGES->author
Re: Olver: Ealing confirmed
Teme Dream (IP Logged)
06 April, 2018 11:26
Hmm. Seems all the more likely that we will be signing another fly half then.

MESSAGES->author
drifter (IP Logged)
06 April, 2018 11:47
weir or olver? let me have a think!

Warriordad
Warriordad (IP Logged)
06 April, 2018 12:32
Well it would be Weir clearly, but lets not be critical of Olver. Maybe not made for this level just at the moment but he has put his body on the line when asked and for that he goes with my thanks.

MESSAGES->author
Fiver (IP Logged)
06 April, 2018 12:35
A real shame Sam couldn't make the step up as it wasn't for the lack of trying. It's a harsh world at the top level, certainly wish Sam all the best for the future.

Warrior7
Warrior7 (IP Logged)
06 April, 2018 12:59
Would've liked to have kept him for one more season, he has a lovely passing game and could have bulked up with another pre-season with us.

MESSAGES->author
Faithful_City (IP Logged)
06 April, 2018 13:10
I felt he was the better 10 on Monday night and can only get better.

If Weir does not come and we keep Jones we will have gained nothing.

JP

MESSAGES->author
Fiver (IP Logged)
06 April, 2018 13:18
Sam certainly did have a good game on Monday, but premiership is another thing altogether. Jones sprayed a couple of passes astray, hopefully just needs more time to get used to our game.

NW2
NW2 (IP Logged)
06 April, 2018 15:12
I really thought he could go places when he came to us, but it seems he can't make that step up to Premiership level, at least not yet.

Underdog
Underdog (IP Logged)
06 April, 2018 15:55
It's a good move for all parties. Ealing get someone with prem level experience and young enough to be important for them, Sam gets to show what he can do under less pressure, and we make room for a fly half who can take us on.

ROLLO on tour
ROLLO (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 10:35
The Weir deal is done and dusted or so I am told. I would have Jones as well if Heatcoat does not continue.
Best of luck to Sam.

FlipFlop
FlipFlop (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 12:33
Shillcock seems to have some thinking to do over where to play if Weir is coming, with Lance already confirmed.

Seems like some Academy time, barring injuries to the above.

Abmatt
Abmatt (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 12:57
Weir and lance for premiership games?
shilcock for other comps with one of the above?

FlipFlop
FlipFlop (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 13:03
Abmatt,

I understand that, but he's been in the Prem squad when available. Not sure how moving back to occasional stuff in the AWC or Euro's and Academy will sit with Jamie, but i guess that is for him and Solly to talk through. Worse case scenario is he may decide to seek opportunities elsewhere.Hopefully not, but possible all the same. Plenty viewing him as a future 10 for us. Wonder of this is still the case.

Brummagem Bertie
Brummagem Bertie (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 13:07
I think Shilly needs to stick at 10. He will have the opportunity to learn from two quality, experienced 10s, both with international experience.

I still think he will get opportunities in the Prem: we've seen how many times we've had a 10 injured this season and having Shilly as a bench option would mean that we could rest Jono or Duncan if they were nursing a niggle, rather than risk more serious injury.

He's still quite inexperienced at this level and hasn't had a really good mentor to learn from, unlike youngsters such as Marcus Smith at Quins and Joe Simmonds at Exe. I believe he still has a future as a fly-half and next season will be a real opportunity for him to learn and kick on.

Whatever you do, do it safely!

ROLLO on tour
ROLLO (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 13:20
The answer lies in does he have the skill set for an AP stand off ?

Brummagem Bertie
Brummagem Bertie (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 13:30
I believe so, ROLLO, and it seems Solly believes so too. The lad is still only 20.

Whatever you do, do it safely!

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 22:15
And me.

Offa
Offa (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 22:24
Only 20 Ted?

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 23:05
Quite right...DoB 1st Aug 1997.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net