rugbyunion
Latest News:
Come On You Warriors!

This message board is for all things Warriors' and Rugby.
When posting please be aware that posts may be read by youngsters and respect other posters.
Click Here for the Message Board Rules

Blue&GoldWarrior
Could we finish 9th???
Blue&GoldWarrior (IP Logged)
07 April, 2018 23:46
Table stands as
9) Quins - 36
10) Saints - 32
11) Worc - 31
12) Irish - 22

With the fixtures
Quins - Glouc A, Worc A, Exe H
Saints - Tigers A, Wasps A, Worc H
Worc - Wasps A, Quins H, Saints A
Irish - Exe H, Sarries H, Bath A

Based on todays performances for all the teams you could definitely put a case forward for a min of 8 points for us from Quins & Saints.

And maybe even Saints to go down if Irish keep up momentum?

I know one weekend doesn’t define a season but it certainly makes it interesting!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/04/2018 07:36 by Blue&GoldWarrior.

WorcesterSauce
Re: Could we finish 9th???
WorcesterSauce (IP Logged)
08 April, 2018 00:05
Cant see irish staying up but i can see both quins and northampton not winning another game

just got into rugby
Big Bird Warrior (IP Logged)
08 April, 2018 00:37
Our final game is A not H.

But agree it could get very exciting!!

Blue&GoldWarrior
Blue&GoldWarrior (IP Logged)
08 April, 2018 07:37
Corrected cheers BBW

Abmatt
Abmatt (IP Logged)
08 April, 2018 07:41
If Irish has a different run in I could imagine saints going down. As it is out of their last 3 the only one I could see them getting points from is Bath.

But they was they’ve played the last few games who knows what could happen.

MESSAGES->author
knightstemplar (IP Logged)
08 April, 2018 08:10
Are LI now chasing us or Saints?! LI arent going to give up and if they produce performances like our Exeter and Tigers games its still not over.

Southstand(again)
Southstand(again) (IP Logged)
08 April, 2018 08:19
Quote:
Abmatt
If Irish has a different run in I could imagine saints going down. As it is out of their last 3 the only one I could see them getting points from is Bath.
But they was they’ve played the last few games who knows what could happen.

Trust me, we are entering the "silly" part of the season where some sides have "run out of steam" and others merely rotating their squads having already qualified for the play-offs.

Expect the unexpected.

usa warrior
usa warrior (IP Logged)
08 April, 2018 08:38
Both Ex and Arries fighting for home semi finals for the playoffs. Both out of Europe so will have a rest week. About as tough as it gets for Irish.

MESSAGES->author
West Brom Warrior (IP Logged)
08 April, 2018 08:40
I can see us beating Quins at home but think Saints will be beat us at Franklin Gardens. However with losing bonus points and maybe even a try bonus vs Quins I see us sneaking above Saints into 10th.

Underdog
Underdog (IP Logged)
08 April, 2018 11:10
We should be aiming to beat both Quins and Saints really. Both of them have serious morale problems due to coaching, and a lot of players seem to be on the beach, mentally speaking. Having said that, it wouldn't surprise me if we fluff our lines with this opportunity, just as we have all season.

As Abmatt says, Irish could stay up with another run in. Most I can see them getting from Sarries and Ex is both bonus points in both matches. Even if they batter Bath away, that still leaves them short.

B-road
08 April, 2018 11:57
Just can't see LI getting 2 wins. Possibly Sarries, if top 2 is sorted by then. Definitely not Exeter and would be surprised if they beat Bath away.

Would be great if we could get some points from last 3 games, whether wins or BP. Would be nice to take some momentum into next season for once

kiddykid
kiddykid (IP Logged)
08 April, 2018 13:36
Words like 'sings' and 'fat lady' come to mind - but not necessarily in that order!

MESSAGES->author
Faithful_City (IP Logged)
08 April, 2018 13:43
10th maybe, 9th nope.

JP

Abmatt
Abmatt (IP Logged)
08 April, 2018 13:56
What will be, will be.

Brummagem Bertie
Brummagem Bertie (IP Logged)
08 April, 2018 13:58
I think both us and Saints will be hoping it's all done and dusted before the last game of the season because if Bath have blown a top 6 finish by then I could see Irish doing to them what they did to Quins yesterday.

Whatever you do, do it safely!

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
08 April, 2018 14:45
Ooh shades of the season it was either us or Saints going down, while we played each other rd22, unless someone or other beat Quins....which they did.

Have I remembered that, or is it just a made up memory?

Brummagem Bertie
Brummagem Bertie (IP Logged)
08 April, 2018 14:51
No Ted, not made up, first year we were in the Prem.

I remember that at the final whistle Saints fans at Sixways were in tears, thinking that our win had condemned them to relegation, the last score from the Stoop having Harlequins beating Sale. A couple of minutes later, the final score came through that Sale had turned it round and Quins were relegated. Saints tears turned to smiles and we were all hugging.

Whatever you do, do it safely!

w4rriorz1980
w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
08 April, 2018 15:25
Quote:
Brummagem Bertie
I remember that at the final whistle Saints fans at Sixways were in tears, thinking that our win had condemned them to relegation, the last score from the Stoop having Harlequins beating Sale. A couple of minutes later, the final score came through that Sale had turned it round and Quins were relegated. Saints tears turned to smiles and we were all hugging.
Yep.Then Saints got relegated the following season iirc.

Eats,Shoots And Leaves

MESSAGES->author
Faithful_City (IP Logged)
08 April, 2018 15:41
It was a three way battle

Quins - Saints - Wuss.

Any of the 3 could have been relegated, Quins lost out.

Last game of the season could see a four way battle

Quins, Saints, Wuss and Irish!

JP

FlipFlop
FlipFlop (IP Logged)
08 April, 2018 17:08
Out of the 4 teams, only Irish have 2 home games in the final 3 which may help them regardless of opposition.

We need to ensure we do not have a Sale-sequence performance versus Wasps first.

It’s not over. Irish will be massively buoyed by that result yesterday and still have nothing to lose by taking teams head on and disrespecting pedigree.

Southstand(again)
Southstand(again) (IP Logged)
08 April, 2018 17:13
I think we will probably be above saints by the time we play them given that they play Tigers and Wasps away next.

Albionwarrior
Albionwarrior (IP Logged)
08 April, 2018 18:32
Guys

The way I see the final three rounds regarding relegation effecting us four teams is how much the opposition on the day needs the result:-

Round 20

Exeter have already secured a home leg in the semi final ... if they play Wasps or Leicester does it really matter .... so they may make a few changes ... just a thought.

Think Gloucester will hopefully want to beat Quins at Kingshome

Northampton will have very little chance of beating Tigers (They want to secure a play off berth)

Wasp also the same ... so tough day at the officer for us.

Round 21

Think Saracens will still need points to secure a home tie in the play offs .... hopefully and will make it hard for the Irish

Wasps will give Saints very little as they will still want to secure a play off.

Hopefully with as we played yesterday ... we will have enough against Quins

Round 22

Bath v Irish ... lets be honest it is winnable for them

Quins v Exeter .... Exeter place i play offs probably already secure .... so players will be saved .... Quins may want to repair some of the damage of yesterdays game.

Sains v Worcester ... (May 2005 all over again ... Shane Drahm what a position to be in ????

Lets be honest

Irish could win one maybe two games ... probably not 3 but starange things happen, lets give them 12 points and they win three games.

We should at least win one game that will give us 4 points and one ahead of Irish

Quins may win one game? ... think they are safe anyway as Irish won't make up 15 points

Saints only chance of winning, on their current form, is against us.

Could it come down to the final game of the season ... hopefully one will be enough for us and put us above Saints and if Irish play out of their skin it will come down to them and us being safe if we beat Saints on the final day, if we don't Irish are relegated.

Just a thought .... Could we wrong ... I usually am

It's in our own hands anyway and at the end of the day it's all you can ask.

God how I look forward to mid table mediocrity ..... and won't we miss Denton, Spencer and Willison

MESSAGES->author
knightstemplar (IP Logged)
08 April, 2018 20:34
Forgetting form LI will be throwing the kitchen sink and freezer at every team in front of them in the last three games.They could catch Saints if not us. Going to be interesting!

FlipFlop
FlipFlop (IP Logged)
08 April, 2018 21:53
To add some mischief, allow Irish 13 or 14 as since Kidney and Kiss have arrived, they got TBP’s. As mentioned before, they also have 2 of their 3 games at home which could be a factor.

The great unpredictability of Warriors is that you just can’t say when the win will come, as yesterday and Chiefs / Tigers wins proved.

Josh Adams in WEN believed before yesterday that we could win final 4 games. It would be amazing, but I think only one more and it will be against..........Saints.

TVM Rides Again....Again
TVM Rides Again (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 08:17
I expect to leave the Ricoh empty handed, but think we will snaffle 4 from Saints and Quins.

MSR-Worcester
MSR-Worcester (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 09:10
Quote:
TVM Rides Again
I expect to leave the Ricoh empty handed, but think we will snaffle 4 from Saints and Quins.

If we were to get any bonus point at Wasps (LBP or TBP) and Irish get nothing at home to Exeter then we're safe.

Irish could only get a max of 10 points from their last 2 games and we would be 10 points ahead with more games won.

jhmosso
Spa eaststander (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 16:49
Quote:
Brummagem Bertie
We won at the gardens in November and Alan Solomons got the sack if I remember correctly!

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 17:03
Seems my memory still works then!

Happy days.

Inbox
Inbox (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 18:23
Maybe we can surprise Wasps next week and if so, 9th is definitely on...

(Let’s be positive ...)

MESSAGES->author
TeflonTed (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 18:25
No reason not to be positive.

Who expected us to win at Ex?

usa warrior
usa warrior (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 18:26
Or Tigers!!

SOUTHSTANDWARRIOR
SOUTHSTANDWARRIOR (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 19:00
Aim for ninth.
It is doable
It is possible.

It would be brilliant to finish above Quins. That will really give Mr happy Brown something to whine about.

Freypal
Freypal (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 19:40
Quote:
SOUTHSTANDWARRIOR
That will really give Mr happy Brown something to whine about.

Made me chuckle smiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net