rugbyunion
Latest News:
We are The Warriors! The Mighty Worcester Warriors!

This message board is for all things Warriors' and Rugby.
When posting please be aware that posts may be read by youngsters and respect other posters.
Click Here for the Message Board Rules

Patgadd
Ollie Lawrence
Patgadd (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 14:34
I do appreciate that may people can't go to Cavalier games because of work pressure, wanting to be with the family or countless other reasons, but you have missed some treats. In previous years we have had the excitement of watching Josh Adams, Jamie Shilcock, Will Butler and others, and this season we've seen a very promising 15, Nick David, and the explosive Ollie Lawrence at centre. Here's what Rugby Pass has to say about him:

It’s frightening how easy Lawrence has made A League and Anglo-Welsh Cup rugby look this season, despite still being at school. The early indications are that the already substantial South African flavour at Worcester is only going to increase under Alan Solomons and Rory Duncan, so getting a late taste of action this season might be Lawrence’s best bet for showing he belongs at this level already.

WorcesterSauce
Re: Ollie Lawrence
WorcesterSauce (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 14:37
Ive said it before, on form, he should be starting over Teo

w4rriorz1980
w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 16:30
I've had the pleasure of seeing Lawrence too on Cavs night and on Anglo-Welsh duty.
Maybe if we're safe by the Saints game he may get a run out in that game or v Quins.

Eats,Shoots And Leaves

MESSAGES->author
Teme Dream (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 16:36
Quote:
WS
Ive said it before, on form, he should be starting over Teo

.. then you are not comparing like with like.

usa warrior
usa warrior (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 16:41
Ollie will be a great player, but there is no point rushing a young guy who isn’t even training full time yet.

MESSAGES->author
Fiver (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 16:58
Comparing a handful of A games with premiership (not to mention Lions) games isn't necessarily fair to Ben. Ollie is very impressive, reminds me very much of Jonathan Joseph in the way he moves and plays. I wouldn't rush too quickly into putting him in the first XV, although I don't think we'll be waiting too long to see it.

WorcesterSauce
WorcesterSauce (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 18:41
I don't see how Teo justified a place in the team - he came back, after 7 months and walked straight into the side. Before he was injured his form for us was shocking.

Ake1985
Ake1985 (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 18:54
Quote:
WorcesterSauce
I don't see how Teo justified a place in the team - he came back, after 7 months and walked straight into the side. Before he was injured his form for us was shocking.

Just as he was returning, Mills got injured. I doubt he would have gone straight in otherwise.

usa warrior
usa warrior (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 18:55
Teo had a good game on Saturday and his break made one of the tries.

usa warrior
usa warrior (IP Logged)
09 April, 2018 19:25
Came off injured after 32 min in the A game tonight.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/04/2018 19:28 by usa warrior.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net